1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Sorry dude, but why don't you increase to 30 when your mirrors are not in use?
    Shouldn't it be the same result you requested?

2. geforth

geforth Gamer

Less shown cars lowers the cpu usage extremely (my bottleneck is the cpu). You can test it in your own. Night race on Nürburgring with extremely weather with 21 opponnents. On the one hand 21 cars shown, on the other hand 10 cars shown. It is a massive impact on cpu usage. Why? I don't know. Maybe the engine is using simpler physics for invisible cars. :) but the ai drives the same results and works good.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

LATE4APEX and LeDude83 like this.
  4. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

I'm guessing there isn't a way to move the chatbox? The new location introduced some updates ago tends to block my view into right-hand turns. I might as well disable it if possible on public servers where it feels like it mostly just crash accusations and swearing anyway. I think a hotkey to temporarily disable chat might be handy for whenever drama erupts in chat.

jsmith.ls.uk, chksix, zeva and 3 others like this.
  5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Or even if it only shows the last message when you're not in the pits. I agree that it currently obstructs too much and is of little benefit while actually driving.

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Prior to 1.0.8 I only got taken out once by AI at the first chicane at Monza. After watching the replay I realized it was because the 2 AI behind me were battling between each other and the one trying to make a pass (which was out of the racing line) outbroke himself.
    I haven't raced Monza after 1.0.8 but since they seem to be feistier and go out of the racing line more often to defend/attack, I'm assuming this is what's happening now and why you're getting rammed more often into T1
    Should definitely be looked into

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  7. baboon

baboon Alien

Hey tape, as a workaround you can set "chatFadeoutSeconds": 0, in hud.json. That's what I've done because I find the box to be a unnecessary distraction.

chksix, zeva, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  8. geforth

geforth Gamer

short addition: After a reinstall of acc I found my lost 5fps back(decreased cpu load),which have brought me to the above thoughts :D I don't know why, but same thing happened after the ffb update (from 2 to 0). I did it manually.

9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I don't race against AI all that often recently, but spent a couple of hours against them at Nurburgring yesterday (at 95% skill / 100% aggression). I couldnt get more than 10 laps in without getting taken out and I really dont think it was my fault. Feels like they're ramming and dive-bombing more than usual? Admittedly I didnt try turning aggression down yet..

10. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Tried to do the same without success.

GCCRacer likes this.
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Sorry you are wrong, it works in all other Sims. This is the v2 formula rims. The right dpad type stick works fine, the press button on the left stick works I think but not the directional part of it.

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am using it and it works. CSR Elite.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Different rims, it doesn't work on the v2 rims

14. tomles

tomles Rookie

I have the same problem with formula rim on CSW v 2.5. Left pad can't be mapped left,right,top,bottom. Only pressing it is mappable.

Freddie Seng, F1Aussie and Beckers like this.
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I just looked at car elite and it looks like it only has one stick, the v2 rims have 2 and only 1 works

Cote Dazur and Coanda like this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Good to know as I got a v2 coming in a few days. Hopefully Kunos sort this in future builds..

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Y
    Yes I hope so to, it seems a bit odd that every other button on the rims are mappable except for that one.

18. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

+ on the above comments - I miss being able to map the left hand directional stick (not the funky switch which works fine) on my CS wheel rims as it allows for much more precise glancing in your mirrors than pressing a button.....

F1Aussie likes this.
  19. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

I don't have a Formula Rim, and all of the controls on the P1 Elite rim that I have currently works, so this may be wasting your time. But I did originally have some problems controlling the MFD with the thumb stick, and I ended up deleting the controls.json file (well, really I renamed it in case I wanted it back), and then re-set everything up from scratch, making sure I picked the correct wheel/rim preset thing in the menu and that fixed it all.

Failing that, maybe you could use JoyToKey to map those the stick directions to keyboard keystrokes, and then map the controls you want to use the the appropriate keys? (I use that for having a button my wheel mapped to F2 to cycle the hud, works great).

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I'll try this but not sure if it will be quite right though....the benefit in other sims (or binding it through RHM in AC) is that you did not need to apply the full range of movement, you could just move the stick a little to glance in the rear view mirror for example.

F1Aussie likes this.