1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't quite remember, Stefano talked about the physics simulation and threading a long while ago on a dev stream - would it be possible to work with multithreading more to distribute the AI physics simulation further across cores? Does AC1 scale the physics simulation to any available cores already?

2. Was there also something like: we are trying something different too?

3. If so, I haven't heard anything about it.

Minimum specs is a 2500k, so I would imagine that it and anything newer/better will be able to handle a full grid of ai. (somewhere in the range of 18-26 ai)
    Can't believe my old workhorse if finally a min spec pc, will see how ACC runs in Sep but I guess it is finally time for me to upgrade.

4. For this reason it was a question :)
    Where do you got the min specs for ACC.
    And also my CPU is not much above the min specs for the game :(

5. Official minimum specs hasn't been released, but somewhere it was stated that an i5 2500 (I don't remember the GPU referenced) is the target.

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

^ This low with these improved complex physics and all AI cars running on full physics suite? If an i5 2500 is sufficient for that, respect. But I believe it only when I see it. And for VR - well, VR can be a hungry beast for both GFX and CPU.

7. I hope my GPU will be fine for a single screen@1080p :)

8. A 1080 ran max graphics at 4k so I would imagine that your 1070 (and maybe even my 1060) would run max graphics at 1080p; guess we will find out in about a month and a half or so.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Hi David,
    I was not shure, and there must be other RacingSims like IRacing with a lot feedback from the real thing.
    Just this looks like a step head to me, using your words much deeper connection.
    I remember back on 2004 my first online league at Virtualmotorsport.net with the GTR the first. Back then we had to make groups of 4 /6 people because the net bandwidth .
    Do you remember virtualmotorsport the league of GTmen? A lot of nice guys there. My memory is beginning to betray me, can't remember the name of the original league owner.:(

10. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I'm still running a 4790k because the chips since have been minimal in speed improvements for games. I've held out for 3+ years due to the latest chips only being roughly 20% faster with some games. But I do hope this changes later this year. Hardware has stagnated considerably in recent years.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

That’s still a fast CPU today though. You have 4 cores and 8 threads on a CPU that with a good cooler should get close to 5Ghz. Even without real overclocking if the board is decent it will lock all the cores to the 4.4Ghz turbo boost clock.

Lawndart likes this.
  12. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

What displays were used for the cockpits? They look huge.

I’m looking for a good ultrawide replacement for my aging triples.

13. They looked like Samsung 49" ultrawide's.... beastly wide displays. 3840 X 1080

Lawndart likes this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Lawndart likes this.
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm still running a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T for this year at least, together with a GTX970. I'll report back if ACC is playable at all or not (a single car should run just fine for everyone who could run AC well) and how larger AI grids perform...

TheGibo and After_Midnight like this.
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Think it was that one. I remember someone from Kunos linked the model in FB, it was in my browser history. Went to check out of curiosity

17. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

My first on line race wasn't until 2005 with GT Legends I'm afraid, and even today I still mainly race against the AI.

18. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Slightly different point, but I know this thread is being watched - has anyone seen the AC mod where they can grid up over a hundred cars? Gamer muscle did a video of himself racing in a 50 car grid and it’s a fun video!

So reguarding ACC, though it doesn’t officially support mods, please make sure you don’t limit the UI so the same can be done for ACC. I know UE4 pretty well and how most of the mods we’ve seen could easily transition to ACC and Kunos know what to leave “open ended” so the community can engage. If done right, there should be no issues with UE running 2x grid sizes to the 30 they mention. All cars, with physics, and AI. Etc. but I fully appreciate the design implications. Just have a place where multiclass can be enabled even if it’s not officially used and you’ll start seeing some mods that will flush out the whole of the series with great results. And it follows the exact strategy that drove AC ahead of the rest.

Oh, and if you want ACC ported to all console platforms, just ping me. My company is a UE4 shop who are also premier devs for all the first parties. Epic even formally sponsored my team in an AC racing league last year. I’ll send pics if you want to see them.

19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

all this rant to just advertise your company..

trucidatio likes this.
  20. He has been begging Kunos for employment for four years now, nothing new to see here.

D.Jankovic and Ciccina2016 like this.