1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione public API for statistics

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Naer, Sep 29, 2018.

?

Do you want a public API to gathering data like number of laps, lap times, ratings, etc?

1. Yes, so cool!

142 vote(s)
    95.9%
  2. No, unnecessary.

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Naer

Naer Gamer

Hello, I'm a programmer and I like playing around with public API's. I would love to get some data, like lap times, ratings values, etc...

Calculate average laptime, make some graphs to see progress in a visual form. Stuff like that. At least locally with the player data but will be so cool to have data from the server with my team members data or even all the players if possible. Would be so cool to have statistics by country for example.

I know this should be at the bottom of the to do list, but still I wanna know the opinion of the community and from the devs if there is a chance to have something like this sometime...

Thanks!!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Tuesday at 10:25 AM
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023

3. Naer

Naer Gamer

The one that voted no, just curious, Why you considered it unnecessary?

And for the others, come on, say something, make some noise to get dev's attention xD

4. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

About the "no" vote...

The person/s might just be of the oppinion, that time would be spent on this,
    rather than time being spent on features that they would want to see implemented.

I personally wouldn't worry about the nae sayers.
    Sometimes folks are selfish, in that they just can't see the benefits such a feature would bring to the community as a whole.
    No biggie and not their fault, it's just the way they're wired.

But yeah, you got mine. :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  5. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

Do you mean it would be like ispeed and ianalyzer used for iracing, logs lap data and driving line, braking points etc. And then inject it into ACC to get real time feedback.
    If so that would be awesome.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  6. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

I'm the second "no" vote because nobody should be alone.

JKI likes this.
  7. Naer

Naer Gamer

The dev team doesn't want to show too many data in real time so we can focus on how the car feels.
    My idea is like when the driver after the practice study the telemetry. And another feature I want is to have a timeline with my progresion, like have all my laps by circuit, average start position and average final position, etc...

8. Echo_

Echo_ Gamer

Is a API used for Crew chief? Is so then it is a must for online racing IMO, I race in VR no hud and just use the speech commands to ask him about positions and gaps etc

9. baboon

baboon Alien

I just don't care about it. Even if some fancy tools can be made with using the API data, it's irrelevant for my enjoyment of the game. I just drive and let Minolin take care of the statistics :D

Naer likes this.
  10. Naer

Naer Gamer

For example, I like to do some charts like these from F1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neilski likes this.
  11. tomolart

tomolart Rookie

I would be curious to see this - as there isnt a real way to view a results page of your last races in-game..

12. da </3 kid

da </3 kid Rookie

I am just learning how to program and love racing would like to know if there is an api? or if we will get access to an api

13. expor

expor Gamer

There's a broadcast api that allows you to get lap times etc. for your current session. It's via udp and not the most robust and stable way of getting data but it's there. Secondly there's shared memory available that contains this and more information, regarding your car and lap times. So if that's all you need or want to know, it's available. Both have their own thread on the forum for more information and examples.

However if you want to check ratings and ranking via an api you're out of luck (for now anyway).