1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.8 dev blog

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Paolo Velardo

Paolo Velardo Rookie

That's good, but not now but I feel the ffb, when I pass the curb they seem flat, when braking it feels like I'm a piece of butter, I don't feel anything...
    ie ffb very soft, but very soft. I may regret that it might be my pc, a little old by today's standards... and i have t300 rs as a steering wheel. A light please?

2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I have the T300 as well.
    I feel turning the wheel more tight than before and not so sloppy in the middle.

My Settings:
    upload_2021-11-29_12-13-26.png

Dämpfung (Damper) was on 0 before, but I've put it to 100% and control it with the ingame Damper setting:
    upload_2021-11-29_12-15-48.png

oryxx likes this.
  3. Paolo Velardo

Paolo Velardo Rookie

Thanks, I did as you indicated. I see that I still have the old vices, I have to get used to the new physics. tks!

AndyK70 likes this.
  4. XzzDSA

XzzDSA Racer

I'm very confused about the updates to FFB.

Now It certainly has been a few months, but I grinded ACC alot about half a year ago.
    Coming back to it in 1.8 and feeling the new force feedback however, is very odd.

Whenever there's weight trasnfere to the front of the car, the steering gets lighter.
    Going into corners like that, it feels like you're losing grip and have really no good feel for the limit of the tyre, it just feels dead as soon as you go on the brakes.
    It's very weird, and I do not recall ACC ever feeling like this.

For reference I'm using a Simucube 2 Pro...
    Is this really intended?

5. rycil

rycil Simracer

Thanks for the reply but something bothers me. If dynamic damping is the gyroscopic forces effect, why do we need additional damper effect to avoid oscillation at high speed in straight?
    I thought that the main outcome of the gyro was to avoid oscillation and realign the front wheels in a straight line?

@Aristotelis ?

6. Sledder

Sledder Rookie

Guys I’ve recently bought a reverb G2 headset having been playing ACC on triples for nearly a year now. I must say I’m utterly disappointed with how the game looks graphically. I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos, read numerous threads on different forums and I can most definitely say I’m not alone.
    I’ve seen threads on here and other places with suggestions of altering files, registry information etc, which fortunately or unfortunately is way above my knowledge of computers. The bottom line is you shouldn’t have to do that. What can’t the game just be properly optimised for VR??
    When I first installed the headset I was getting between 20 and 30 fps through FPSVR which obviously isn’t acceptable. I have recently done a clean install of windows 10 and although I can reach 90 fps with certain settings the game to me doesn’t still look great!
    I have a ryzen 9 5790 AMD processor, RTX 3090 GPU and 32g ram, so in my eyes it isn’t anything to do with my system?
    I have come to the point where I’m spending more time trying to tweak my settings to make the experience more pleasant but without success..
    Please can’t someone do something about it??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

7. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Advice #1: get a balance between your expectations and reality....
    I mean, its like if when everyone say its raining outside, you go out and expect sunshine, and moan now about Rain,dude....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  8. If you dont know how to replace a simple file in the games directory, Im not sure you have any business asking why this game cant just simply be optimized for VR… But maybe thats just me.

That said, it really isnt difficult to replace those files and if you need help maybe you should be asking us for that, instead of complaining the game isnt running to your expectations ;)

From this link you will find all the info you need to know to have a proper VR experience with your specs.
    If theres anything you dont understand just ask (like I did) and Im sure somebody will help you out.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/dlss-for-vr.66483/page-26#post-1207292

AndyK70 and chksix like this.
  9. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

What CPU do you really have?

10. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

I found this Assetto Corsa Competizione Balance of Performance Changes GT3 & GT4 – Steams Play
    Is the brake temperature data accurate? It should be the temperatures of use after the 1.8 release

• DRY TYRE IDEAL PRESSURE: 27.64
    • DRY TYRE OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE RANGE: 76°C to 90°C
    • WET TYRE IDEAL PRESSURE: 30
    • WET TYRE OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE RANGE: 25.4°C to 65°C
    • FRONT BRAKE1 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 250°C to 500°C (max performance 99% from 366°C to 450°C)
    • FRONT BRAKE2 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 250°C to 600°C (max performance 97% from 364°C to 425°C)
    • FRONT BRAKE3 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 200°C to 800°C (max performance 88% from 250°C to 550°C)
    • REAR BRAKE1 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 150°C to 600°C (max performance 100% from 366°C to 450°C)
    • REAR BRAKE2 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 150°C to 600°C (max performance 98% from 250°C to 379°C)
    • REAR BRAKE3 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 130°C to 700°C (max performance 91% from 250°C to 550°C)
    • BRAKE1 PERFORMANCE DECREASES ~15% FASTER THAN BRAKE2
    • BRAKE2 PERFORMANCE DECREASES ~8% FASTER THAN BRAKE3
    • (BRAKE4 PERFORMANCE DECREASES ~46% FASTER THAN BRAKE1)

chksix and kamkie like this.
  11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Dynamic Damping is the force which pulls the wheels straight, so far so good, but it overshoots the center and that's where your oscillation comes in play. Which can build up and cause your car to snap.
    Then there is the Damping which is the friction on the asphalt of the turning tire, not the traveling rotation in which the car is pointing, but the rotation you exert with the steering wheel. That (natural) Damping is what's hindering the steering wheel to oscillate.

Manc likes this.