1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa - eurogamer review

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Jan 16, 2015.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-16-assetto-corsa-review

"Even without turning to those updates and additions, there's enough to celebrate. You could put any car on any track and lose yourself in the simulation for hours, squinting through sun caught in the smeared perspex windscreen of a Z4 GT as it sets over Spa and you pick out entry, apex and exit points, or pawing an Elise this way and that through the swerves of Magione. Assetto Corsa's laser focus on the driving experience works wonders - and when it comes to replicating that simple, brilliant pleasure, there's no other game right now that does it better."

I don't need a review to tell me this game is amazing, but nice to see it get some good coverage.

9/10

Any other reviews out there?

Tony74, IGORN, Tim Meuris and 11 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

one of the first non italian reviews? should help keep the sceptics on metacritic happy who decided that the critic reviews were all paid off... lol

good stuff

Jebus and Mogster like this.
  4. plaid

plaid Alien

A 9/10 is something I could understand from a biased consumer-review,not a magazine. Currently I would rather gave it a 7/10, with a decent AI/AI-ressourcescosts and improvements for collusions and damage a 8/10. Anyway fine for AC, but I expect more objectivity from a magazine. [A 7/10 can be a good game, but significant flaws are considered.]

BTW: First german review (79%): www.pcgames.de/Assetto-Corsa-PC-239687/Tests/Klasse-Rennsimulation-mit-noch-duennem-Spielumfang-1148024/galerie/2317646/

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Queequeg, Rui Santos and Xenix like this.
  5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

mmm as a review to be presented to average joe 9/10 does seem high, just because its not very accessible compared to the average modern game, and has lots of quirks that you need to be aware of.

to a simracer with a wheel though it deserves 8/10 in its current state imo, and will be worthy of 10/10 hopefully after 1.1 with penalty system changes, ai improvements (hopefully career is somewhat balanced and enjoyable now, and whatever else may be coming, and hopefully crazy bugs/issues fixed (afk players on grid, fmod stuttering, tyre sound disappearing, people joining mid race).

how they handle dlc is key to how the game will be perceived by average gamer in the long run:
    all dlc cars should be downloaded by everyone regardless of if they own them, so they can join races on servers running the stock tracks but featuring a mix of stock cars and dlc cars (but not be able to drive dlc ones if they dont own obviously).
    if you dont own track then yeah obviously shouldnt be allowed to race on it, but thats less fragmenting than what will happen if cars are not downloaded by all.

to a non simracer trying ac online for the first time, if they find loads of servers they cant join because they use a mix of official and dlc cars, they are going to be immediately annoyed because they are pushed into buying dlc to be able to play online. particularly if there are going to be 5 dlc packs this year, many servers are going to end up running a mix of official and dlc content

6. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Thx for sharing !

7. myimac

myimac Alien

The review is a good 9/10

they mention assettos flaws but say pretty much the driving model alone is worth 9/10. I can see what you mean about improvements that are needed but as this game is I will still say it's better than any other driving game I've played

TDS, Turk and ears1991 like this.
  8. myimac

myimac Alien

Mod and dlc content is key you're right. They mention how good ac community is and this content will either pull us together or break us

ears1991 likes this.
  9. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

At current state I would give AC 8/10. It has potential to be 10/10 game and it's only game I play except of few other games during the year so I hope AC will get there.

bib and ears1991 like this.
  10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

10/10 would buy again.

Technically I know is not yet 10/10, not even $250M get 10/10 but get close to it (gta iv and v, half life series). Sim racing games are a side world of gaming. Their constant and long life span development and new add-ons can give a better judgment of the whole quality. Although Assetto Corsa got a pretty good release (v1.0).

myimac likes this.
  11. myimac

myimac Alien

Yeah only game I've played since I bought it. It's epic and engrossing.

12. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

That review has been wrapped around like a fine candy. For sure it will help Kunos improve MP out of alpha state(or is it now in beta) to be graceful enough to mention in reviews.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Its a nice review, the text sums up how I feel about AC almost word for word. The high score should make people read the text which is a good thing.

Its hard to review a game that's under continuous development. How do you give it a score /10 against other titles that have a more conventional release and development schedule? 2 years down the line AC will probably be much more mature but the mainstream gaming media most likely wont review it again.

14. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

I gave a 10 on meta because this game so far has got everything I want from it and delivers it in a wonderful way.
    But I think that reviewing AC is completely pointless: if you had Assetto from Day One you'll remember each update: a completely new game, Assetto is exploring the boundaries of simracing ad it's costantly being developed

Kristaps, 7he4Ce, PhenOm and 3 others like this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for sharing, I agree 100% with this review and hope it will help other SIM racer discover the sheer pleasure of driving in Assetto Corsa.

Mogster likes this.
  16. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

The pasted paragraph really sums up the AC experiances while playing it quite well.

It does capture you, sucks you in, reveals each cars personality, and makes you forget what's missing... But you really need to love simulation to feel that so theroghly.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

I think that would be a good idea simply from an advertising perspective. Seeing the P1 blast past you on a track is going to make you want the car.

I don't know how practical that is though.

I find AC to be a bit like their Italian counterparts Ferrari. Ferrari have made some great cars, some had obvious flaws, they fell down in some respect but what they did right (make a fun car to drive) they did so well you could ignore the problems. It could be argued that the current crop of Ferraris are damn near perfect in every respect and while they may not be as good as some other cars on paper the overall effect is irresistible. That's why I have faith that with time Kunos will produce a perfect sim, what they get right is damn near perfect and what they get wrong is being constantly improved.

18. I like the comparison between AC and Ferrari.

I remember watching Chris Harris' video on his FF, and he absolutely adored it despite the flaws all or most Ferrari's come with. In fact, it even had a nice storage cubby that was perfect for keeping all the interior bits that inevitably fall off. Both AC and Ferrari have an irresistible charm.

19. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

A good review.

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Good review, I agree very much with its points, and general tone. Me too would rate AC 9/10 currently, with the option to push it to 9.5 or even 10 if they get the AI right.

21. myimac

myimac Alien

There definitely is an irresistible charm to AC. No racing game I've played has ever made me try to learn about telemetry, drifting, car setup and racing technique like this. I find myself crossing over into watching real 458s going round mugello so I can improve, listening to real drifters and watching real racers talk about race posture and styles. For me it is 10/10 with anything else being a lovely bonus.

If development stopped now I'd still be happy, but if I had something I could make better I would start with AI then content so more cars and tracks then smoother multiplayer (hosted lobbies with smooth transitions to different track and car selections, basically a rolling multiplayer server so nobody has to disconnect to start a new track)

nate, 7he4Ce and Quffy like this.