1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa interview about ps4 and xbox!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ChokDK, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Sean, Ischemica, Boris Lozac and 8 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Not much news...and all the new info in that interview is really just "behind the scenes" stuff. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

William Sebastian likes this.
  4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I don't really agree that stereotypes about console folks are wrong. Literally every console owner i know, is all about 'fun' games, lazy bag, gamepad, large TV and having 'fun'. That involves pressing "X" when the game tells you to.. And GT is the pinnacle of simulation for them.. I really don't see any tide shifting going on.. they all have pretty powerfull PC's at the same time, if they wanted sims, they could've have them long time ago..

5. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Agreed. I've never been a console-gamer myself, but I do actually own an XBOX. When I have the time to sit down and play a game in a dedicated and "serious" manner, I turn on the PC. When Im a bit tired and wanna play with a drink at my side, I'll go to the couch and turn on the XBOX by remote.

Though Im probably not the stereotypical console-owner, but my experience is the same as yours; consoles are in general more often used for more "laid back gaming", if you will.

P.S. am I the only one that found the translated version of the interview really hard to read?

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Re-read your posts and find the errors. You know a bunch of console owners who, given the fact that that they're all your peers, must be of similar personality. Now you take that tiny sample and slap your personal findings on the whole consolero population. Way to go for a market analysis.
    In the opposite direction your approach is the reason why some over-enthusiastic dreamers crash and burn with "innovative" business ideas that they find personally charming but have no demand amongst the customers, at all.
    If you want to sell something, you need to know your market and there's tools for that such as demographic analysis, sales figures and questionnaires.

I'm not claiming I have the answer. It's just that you certainly don't have it either. It's up to Kunos to acquire this data. I don't think they're naive enough to base the decision solely on gut feeling.

Jebus likes this.
  7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I do wonder now if things which "PC folk" might want, things such as formation laps, brake temps, engine temps, oil temps, inner / middle / outer tyre temps readouts will come about. I really don't think console gamers care about those kind of things.

Also what about the graphics? I fear AC will get savaged in the visuals department unless serious changes are made to the renderer as there are far better looking titles out there on console, Forza, GT6, pCARS etc. I personally can live with the visuals that AC provides on the PC, they aren't the best, but they "will do". I'm not sure console audiences are as forgiving or understanding.

8. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Sure, just basing it on the people that i personally know, and also by the people that frequent our local IT forum.. they're all like that, their idea of fun is not having to do anything with the real world, they 'escape' the real world, have their own car which they drive to work every day, and don't want those same physics in a game, that is literally what they say.. So yeah, maybe not a huge demographic, but ~100 people have that same mindset about realism and sims..

@Ben Lee

To me AC looks better then any other driving title, WITH the community made PP filters and weather, but even default looks more natural then PCARS for example, so i can't agree with you..

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

10. I am sure that Kunos and 505 Games have done the market research to ascertain that this will be a profitable endeavour for them. Aris himself stated that 200,000+ copies was a very pleasing number for them, so I don't think that they are expecting GTA V level sales performance! I think far too many people here are worrying that Kunos intend to "dumb down" the PS4 and XBox One versions of Assetto Corsa for the mainstream console audience. I don't see it that way. I reckon that Kunos want to tap into the section of console gamers that do want a proper race simulation, with all of the technical stuff that the "PC Master Race" desire :rolleyes: This will be a fraction of the total console race game customer base, but (presumably) large enough for the venture to be profitable.

As for the graphics, well......I suspect that any console gamers that are looking for a race simulation (as opposed to a flashy graphical extravaganza with helicopters, balloons, flying pigs and huge Electronic Arts advertising boards) will be more than happy with Assetto Corsa's laserscanned tracks and superbly realistic cars.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  11. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

For Kunos and all of us "as a community", this can only be a good thing, right? More exposure, more revenue, more resources to create more content. All I see here is the word "more" being repeated?

Also, are we not forgetting something here, please correct me if I am wrong.

Console Version, once released it's done. User's have to wait for Official Content as they can't use community created material?
    PC Version - Thanks to the fantastic community we have....it will never be done :D

Just my two pence worth

Fordie

TDS, tabis, LeDude83 and 1 other person like this.
  12. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

Ahh wow..
    So you're one of those guys who couldn't care less about knowing the thoughts and ideas of the team that makes the game?
    That's such a "80ish" standpoint to take imo, if you care just a bit about the game itself.
    2015 offers so much participation from the users, where Assetto Corsa is one of the very best communities of car games.
    To have the option to look behind the scene is a gift to users if there is a forum to response at too (like this - hint hint)

Of course, if you don't care if you play Tetris or Assetto, move on... :-------)

burrito, liakjim and ears1991 like this.
  13. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Can I just add, please don't turn this one in to a Thread War, would be nice to at least keep one thread open, before the Ban Hammer comes crashing down :(

14. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

This is a PC game coverted to consolle...so no problem for me...

ZioYuri78, TDS, Fear and 2 others like this.
  15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

indeed, cannot compute why so many people are so upset, if you think it will be dumbed down or whatever dont buy it, they arent going to tamper with the pc version thats already released... only improve it... some people lol

TDS likes this.
  16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

You gotta admitt, deep down in your selfish, arrogant part of yourself, is that it sucks that it's no longer PC 'exclusive'.. ;)

Pascalwb, snyperal and McNappa like this.
  17. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I'm definitely curious what they're going to do with modded apps, majority of ingame UI i use is not AC-original and it's meant much more flexibility in showing the information I want to have. That and MP modes - will it be able to go on PC servers, etc.

irfan.pratama likes this.
  18. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

haha nope, im still happy that we even got it in the first place, its only going to get better as they are forced to make UI work with controllers, and polish the whole experience so everyone wins

edit: not sure why people are wondering if console and pc will be able to play together, i cant see any reason why they would do that, so many technical hoops to jump through, how many triple A games do it, I dont think this is of any significance for kunos, or even see any benefit, id rather they were kept separate, why mix in players who are majority pad players with those who are at least a signficant amount wheel users

19. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Look man, i only care about "the quality of the content"...i already show my appreciation by thanking them on this forum, speaking highly of them on other forums and of course by buying the content. I couldn't give a flying rat's *** about how hard they worked on the content. Like i've just said, i already show my appreciation. Behind the scenes documentaries bore me to death and i don't have to like them.

Sorry for off topic but had to vent...when your tone was like "how dare you not appreciate behind the scenes?!"

ChokDK likes this.
  20. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Nah, i admit it, it sucks.. ;)

kro likes this.
  21. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

Normally a good point, yes :)
    But this is Kunos. I believe a lot in this company, and while other devs have "always" gone in that direction I don't see Kunos doing the same.
    So far they have never once given a lie or exaggerated heavily as some other companies.
    Consoles doesn't seem to be the main marked for sims, so why should they drop developing the PC version as much as possible?
    This is Kunos :)

Bokonon, ears1991 and Boris Lozac like this.