1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Assetto Corsa - PlayStation 4 - Controller vs Steering Wheel at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Aug 9, 2016.

1. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone!

Take a look at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in the stunning Lamborghini Huracan GT3, played on the PlayStation® 4 edition of Assetto Corsa... Proof that you can enjoy the game using a steering wheel and controller!

In the run up to launch we're going to give you more of an insight into what to expect from the console editions, so watch this space for more gameplay videos! :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Borez, djm99, RSP_Figuur84 and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Look i know you are staff but you have to buy Assetto corsa on steam like the rest of us.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

lawl

A comment of mine from another thread about this video - since I often play AC on the move instead of on my desktop with a steering wheel around I can really appreciate how well it works with gamepad.

Looks like quite a few people don't like what they're seeing in that video however, not really sure why.

LeDude83 and insomnia like this.
  5. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

That's odd, what I see there is AC, played with a gamepad, and a steering wheel. What's there to complain about, apart from the lack of XBox One footage?

6. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Its a pretty random video though, not sure its something to brag about and that gamepad should be that equal to steering wheel in a simulator.. Maybe its just 'elitist' me speaking.

Sent from mTalk

7. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Good to see. I think it is essential that AC is playable on the gamepad when available on console, console owners may not have (or maybe I should say be lucky enough to have) or want wheels. They are also used to some excellent gamepad optimised racing games such as Forza 6 & Horizon (Xbox One) so it's good to know the experience is comparable and people will be competitive whatever controller they use. I prefer my wheel setup on PC for the added realism but want to be able to play against other races on console whatever control system they use - Xbox Live still has the best and easiest social interaction system imo and roll on cross play on all games so we can make full use of that on PC too. Also a quick look at some popular racing game leaderboards suggest there are plenty of quick PC racers who also use gamepads.

I was asked the question about using a gamepad in AC many times by people disappointed by the pCARS gamepad implementation on console. I was glad to reach a similar conclusion as the OP.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/xbox-one-gamepad-working-perfectly-on-pc.34735/

I also agree with the earlier footage, some Xbox One gameplay footage would be good to answer some of the ongoing questions. My Xbox One version iss preordered whatever so hope it is a match for great PC experience.

8. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

It is good to see it is playable on pad. Essential for more sales on console. I personally drive a wheel..... It is always a big discussion on any racinggame forum. The slower people on pad will often say they cant beat wheels, and vice versa. The thing to overcome for the developers is the problem that a controller is less detailed with steering in (how much). With a controller you can change faster from left to right. They just need to find a balance. (Thank god I do not have to do this :))

I've seen on different games like Forza, pcars, F1, Dirt, always there will be people in a mix in the leaderboards on wheels and pads. The only thing you can tell.... People who buy a wheel are more dedicated to racing games (in general), they will put more time in it so get better times.

It will never be good, people will always put the fault not on themselves, but someone or something else..... Seen it too often.

In the vid it looks good with controller imo.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  9. GTAce

GTAce Hardcore Simmer

Me driving.

From the description:
    This video is a response to Kunos' gamepad vs. wheel comparison video and especially to those, who said they were driving intentionally bad with the wheel, to make the controller look good. This is me, driving with a DualShock 4, ABS and TCS on factory default, default setup. As you can see, I'm a good bit quicker and not even consider myself a very talented driver. Assetto Corsa DOES drive well with a gamepad!

LeDude83, MBK72 and RSP_Figuur84 like this.
  10. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Overall PS4 impression, but skip to 04:00 where the guy says the game crashed back to the home screen about 5 times.
    Hope Kunos is aware of this, as the last thing AC needs is a PCARS style launch on consoles with a lot of issues.

Not saying this to criticize by any means, just to help awareness ;)

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

GTace, were you using the motion sense capabilities of the DualShock 4, or the "sticks" for steering etc,?

Thanks, LATE4APEX

12. GTAce

GTAce Hardcore Simmer

Sticks. Left stick for steering, right stick for throttle and brakes.

13. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Sincerly isn't nothing of new this video, many times was said how the feeling and the handling with pad is good in AC, maybe this video could be better because the lines and the timing aren't very good (we don't know the track condition but in any case are high time) but anyway is another good visual info for the newcomers console players; with a bit of practice and with a balanced car like huracan on Spa isn't hard stay under the 1.20 with DS4, using classic configuration with trigger for brake and accelerate

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

PS4 preview from Team VVV, the X1 preview from Team VVV is coming soon :

RSP_Figuur84 likes this.
  15. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I think we'd all like to see the screen tearing reduced, if not in the day 1 patch then as part of a prioritized optimization pass, just as SMS did with their ongoing pCARS patches soon after release. They managed to reduce it substantially, I hope our friends here at Kunos can do the same.

djm99 likes this.
  16. Sandyman

Sandyman Rookie

Can a Logitech G29 steering wheel be used with Asseto Corsa on a PS4?

17. Sandyman

Sandyman Rookie

Can a Logitech G29 steering wheel be used with Asseto Corsa on a PS4?

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Is it PS4 compatible? If so then yes, you should be able to. If not then no. Console wheel support depends on Sony/the manufacturer.

19. Sandyman

Sandyman Rookie

Thanks. I am using a Logitech G29 on other driving games on my PS4 so yes it is compatible. Just wondered if it would be the same with Asseto Corsa.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If there really is something not compatible with the game they'll put out a notice before release but I just don't see why it should be the case so I don't get the upset about that info 'not being revealed'.

By the way, I wasn't sure about it so I looked it up but...
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming-controllers/g29-driving-force

...the G29 is Logitechs new, big PlayStation wheel. Of course AC is going to be compatible. o_O

Where you possibly have to worry is Fanatec but that'd be an issue between Fanatec and Sony.