1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa vs project cars.... who will win?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by william1141, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I will keep hard-drive space for both and more, which one I play may come down to my mood on any given day. As for who will win - we will, the customers. :)

2. I like them both. I like the new career settings in pCARS. its as immersive as can be .. but that's just my opinion. I was an original profit sharing buy in guy for pCARS and still love it. it apples to oranges really. I don't think the physics on all the cars in pCARS is that far off. it makes for great fun. AC is my daily go to. I love for all that it is and will be. I like to mod a bit so it scratches that itch. I can ad whatever cars that "I" like and drive what I like. I like vintage cars because im an old guy that grew up around pre 1979 cars..those cars made me a race fan back then.

I don't think any one of them is better then the other. they both excel in different areas. its like comparing a Corvette Z06 to a 996. both are amazing but each one does things better in different ways..

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

simply , i take BOTH and will enjoy both of them
    they both offer something different, but that means I will enjoy both for different reasons

Vítor Sousa, Emin, somake and 3 others like this.
  4. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Graphically project cars owns AC. It is simply better in the graphics department hands down. The lighting effect, shadows and photo realism is from another level. Look at the grass!!!

AC wins because it has Ferrari :D That will do for me. Perfect for my ferrari simulator. If PCars ever did get that license I would jump the boat. But that license will never happen.

5. pomaranc747

pomaranc747 Gamer

I actually think that AC looks better, more natural and I especially hate the lens flare effect in Pcars, in AC it looks realistic, I don't know why but I really hate when games have "TV" like lens flares.

Wilfred and Pascalwb like this.
  6. Hutch

Hutch Rookie

I'd rather go back to rfactor2 than the dodgy handling cars of p-cars lol, eye candy means nothing when the cars feel like your back playing gran turismo on ps3 control pad.

pomaranc747 likes this.
  7. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

AC because: graphic in AC is more realistic, modding, more attention to details, sound, feedback and physics.

In pCars graphic I see NFS... not realistic. No modding of course. And they want as more possible cars and tracks... but quality is very low. Check out Silverstone... its awful!!! Elevations are wrong in every corner!!! Where in real life an elevation goes down, in pCars it goes up... no curbs or they are wrong or they are where no curbs in real life. Track is too wide or to short... its completely wrong track - I would call it fantasy Silverstone... and its just 1 track...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Wilfred likes this.
  8. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Pcars has Poop for telemetry data, The sheer quality of data in AC VS Pcars is Night and day, Static wheel user's might not be able to feel all the "holes" SMS has left in tracks and the cars themselves. Motion rigs show A LOT more than what Non motion guys can feel.

9. pCARS is the best screenshot simulator :D

10. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Both.... do you really have to diss another game to enjoy.... another ? i have them all.....

OldDarth, Vítor Sousa and LeDude83 like this.
  11. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

AC came first, so that means it won doesn't it :D

12. cristian

cristian Gamer

tried Pcars yesterday...... that is not a sim.

victor86, Nick Moxley and pomaranc747 like this.
  13. Emin

Emin Racer

Why just choose one? I think it is win-win situation for players. I will enjoy them both

OldDarth, Vítor Sousa and Pr0Dr1v3r like this.
  14. pomaranc747

pomaranc747 Gamer

Not everybody has time and money for that :/

15. Fahim

Fahim Racer

I have them both now. I just use pcars to enjoy the graphics what the rig can do. The graphics are photo esque.
    Dubai, monza, hockenheim, infact any track . day or rain. I prefer clear weather with spars grid and i don't think anything can beat it.

It's just non cartoon. I even started coughing with amazement/excitement. Feels like they've taken photographs and inserted them on the track.

Every aspect is near perfection. The dark colour of the grass, the barriers, the white colours poles, the billboard. The track surface, the crowd shadows (the crowd itself). Could go on and on. Even if the game it self is arcade/sim-cade the graphical aspect is a master peace.

16. Is there really a winner? What does it mean to win?

17. Fahim

Fahim Racer

I think over the years the winner is broke down by following:
    gameplay
    graphics
    sound
    challenge/fun

This is basic. You can go more in detail. But general categories u would have found growing up buy gaming magazines :)

The funny thing is/ no game seems to have it all. You know, Have everything you want. One game is better than other but lacking in something what the other has. You don't want to be playing both. You just want one to have everything. But life & gaming is not as simple as that it seems.

18. yusupov

yusupov Alien

WHOS GONNA WIN
    AND WHOS GONNA LOSE
    IVE GOT THAT SIMRACE FEVER
    HOPE YOU GOT IT TOO!

19. AngeloMertel

AngeloMertel Racer

...and the Oscar goes to....

Simraceway

:D

but if i had to spent last 50 euro for a game in 2015, now, it would be ....... AC (and then Simraceway :rolleyes:)

yusupov likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Is anyone playing pCars these days? How is it currently?