1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa vs project cars.... who will win?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by william1141, Feb 21, 2015.

1. adi518

adi518 Hardcore Simmer

Not just you. Think of it this way.. do you have any other title that is as ambitious as Cars? AC set aside of course. No, there isn't. So how long it takes doesn't matter.

2. yusupov

yusupov Alien

discounting the staff size & budget its actually quite a bit more ambitious if its claim to be a simulator at proper settings is taken seriously. bc full night/day cycle & full weather spectrum, all classes of cars, YET still accessible & appealing to forza/simcade fans.

i was very worried they would fail on the sim part, never thought the latter part would be a big issue. figured they were just waiting to bother to work on it...but a month to go, it surely shouldnt be so primitive.

i still have a fear theyll end up neutering the cars so that pad users can have a better experience. but youre right, it probably just means more delays...

3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

making car easy to drive can easily be a setup thing, make the setup more hardcore and the car will drive hardcore
    and that's about the only compromise they have done, they setup the cars so that the console players would find them somewhat easy to drive ( let alone as a real life driver you want the car to be easy to drive )

for hardcore pure sim elitist shouldn't be a problem to sink into setups and make a "proper" racing setup where he can push machine to the limit , right?
    but if cars were setup like this as default, many players would be put off by this, and unlike the hardcore - they won't go in fiddling with settups to make cars easier to drive

4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

the fact it doesn't play 'well' or 'as we like' on PC, doesn't mean it's not awesome on XB1 or PS4

5. adi518

adi518 Hardcore Simmer

Patrik pointed out what I think exactly. It's noobish to think otherwise.

Another point some seem to miss is the fact that all of this isn't just done for fun and the love of motorsports, it's a business that has to back it's promises and in order to do that they must maximize their potential revenue. One way is to achieve this is to cater to a larger audience, and in order to do that they must do things like easing the controls to fit console gamers. You can't publish it with a hardcore preset because it doesn't work like that. What comes to aid though, is the fact Cars was created the OPPOSITE way PC gamers are used to, which is first for consoles, then a crappy port to PC. Not this time. This time main development started strictly for the PC and only then announced for consoles. The fact PC is the root development platform makes a huge difference here.

6. yusupov

yusupov Alien

that seems awfully naive. youre using an xbox controller on PC. theres no reason it wouldnt control precisely the same on both platforms.

and yes you can publish a 'hardcore' preset & there very much should be one. it should be very easy to set something thats marketed as a simulator to simulation mode...

not a fan of this corporate-speak.

7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

maybe naive,
    but why Grid2 felt very differnt on ps3 and pc ? or even NFS shift

8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

idk, i down own a console so ive never experienced that. i wonder if it isnt an effect of using a different controller. with the same gamepad, its going to be the same. an xb1 profile can be uploaded to PC same as xb360 are all the time for other games.

9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

actual console is different hardware then pc, it also uses different "drivers" for the gamepads, so why would it be exactly the same ?

10. MrDoedel

MrDoedel Racer

Just two more PC trailers:

And this one is fantastic:

I think PC can win, if the manage to publish it this year. I am not sure if they mange to publish it in may as promised.
    The content (cars and tracks) are at different levels. Some are perfect and others are poor. All Ruf cars are amazing.

The FFB config is a pain. You can do a lot of thinks :), but you HAVE to change a lot things :oops:.
    The default FFB after a clean install for CSW2 is nothing.

Snjper likes this.
  11. yusupov

yusupov Alien

the drivers are made by microsoft...there is no reason they shouldnt prvoide the same experience as they do on xb1. as for the hardware, what effect does that have on input??

im not arguing this unless you can provide some evidence theres any difference other than your opinion of a ps3 controller vs an xbox360 one; tbh i find this preposterous.

12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

again fortunately PC users are used to this. R3E has a fairly ridiculous amount of options to tweak but i rarely see anyone complain about it, you can get advice from devs themselves on how to setup almost any wheel, if not, then other users.