1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LooneyJuice

LooneyJuice Rookie

This right here.

Like a friend of mine said when discussing the same issue, I'm sure they'll be enjoyable enough to drive, but it's that engine note that really makes a difference in Porsches. I hope at least the new Audio overhaul improves on the tremendous lack of dynamic range in AC audio. Many sims are guilty of this sin, where stepping on the gas pedal merely increases revs and makes the note just slightly louder. In all actuality, the difference in amplitude is way larger on account of throttle bodies opening up and actually sucking in a greater volume of air for combustion. I believe iRacing was the closest thing that simulated that difference in amplitude, not sure about R3E as I haven't had any personal experience.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's been a while since I really digged into R3E, but at least the Zonda in R3E was the most amazing audio experience in any sim so far.
    In general I have the expression that audio is one of the points where R3E still has a significant advantage over AC.

I hope that AC can catch up here. Transmission wobble would be a great thing to have.
    It's the most noticeable difference between real motorsport footage and car simulation with respect to audio.

GTL actually something like this, I think. If you went from low RPM in the RSR, it wobbled around for a bit before stabilizing.
    It wasn't very realistic, but it was there. ;)

3. LooneyJuice

LooneyJuice Rookie

Also indeed a pretty big thing, and a big part of making the sound feel mechanical and "tactile". I know people notice, you did, I'm sure many others do as well. It's those details that make it. iRacing finally did it some time ago, lots of rFactor mods had it triggered on downshifts/upshifts then synced up, but besides that, many sims lack the punch given to the gear shifts by the sound of the transmission flexing. And AC does have a rudimentary implementation of separate intake and exhaust noise as far as I've noticed, so the ground work is there. It just needs to be taken further.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not only that, but it also gives a very distinctive sound character for the cars.

e.g. one of the sound features that sets the Carrera GT apart from most other cars is that when you change gear the rpm will wobble a bit (due to the light engine and transmission) before stabilizing.

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Drive-train Elasticity is a vital ingredient in feeling a strong mechanical connection to the virtual car, especially with race-cars and vintage class cars. AMS has some nice gear wobble now along with good overall audio sampling work; it just needs a better sound engine to leverage the effects for maximum benefit. iRacing and RR use custom sound-engines for their audio but, it seems AC can use fMod to achieve very good results, especially once the physics modeling between power-train / drive-train is in place; it's currently one of the key pieces missing from AC for greater immersion IMO.

LooneyJuice likes this.
  6. tuner009CZ

tuner009CZ Rookie

hi guys. i have the answer on the porsche pack?? can i will buy porsche pack "season pass" and how it cost?? thx for anser and sorry for my bad english... :)

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It will be available tomorrow and it will cost 15 €.

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

and if you go here

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread (Click)

You can see what's in it.;):)

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Steam lists the 2017 911 RSR for the Porsche Pack vol. III DLC. So this:

It should be much more competitive for next season. Sadly they lost the beautiful signature flat-six howling sound. :(

10. Flotch

Flotch Rookie

11. Wouldn't be a day that ends in Y if a simracer wasn't disappointed about something. :D

(I wanted the 959 and Carrera Gt......)

Dookie, triturbo, pika4u and 4 others like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Absolutely. :p

My disappointment about the 2017 RSR is more about Porsche and nothing to do with AC per se. I still think the car itself is awesome. I think the 718 Boxster/Cayman are awesome too. But the engine sound isn't as good, that's all. Either way I'm incredibly glad those cars are in AC at all.

13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

So release dates for each pack

1. 25/10/2016
    2. 22/11/2016
    3. 20/12/2016

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm, now that I think about it: could it be that there won't be a 911 Turbo because we already have the Ruf RT12?

15. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Sorry if this is a repost, nice little video on the 962

16. Flotch

Flotch Rookie

no Carrera GT aswell ... damned ... What is going wrong with you Kunos :D ? I thought you too were dreaming of Porsche cars when being younger :D :D

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Don't mess with the shark, shorty...;)
    :D:D:D

18. EAGLE 5

EAGLE 5 Rookie

The Porsche Pack no doubt has a phenomenal set of cars.... but I can't help but feel disappointed that the 959 was not included. I was looking forward to renewing "The Duel" from Test Drive 2 with the F40... plus you could have had basic 959 as the "Komfort" model and an S1 as the "Sport" model.

Other notable mentions missing are for sure the 930, 964 Turbo 3.6, 964 RS, and 993 Twin Turbo / GT2 and of course the Carrera.

Either way tomorrow can't come fast enough!

Slavc and ALB123 like this.
  19. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Hopefully the 959 and Turbo S 2017 can make a future appearance, I believe in Kunos. Also why in the F*** can I not preorder? Goddammit take my money!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    EAGLE 5 and LChaves like this.
  20. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

If I were a betting man, I would say that has nothing to do with it. Choices had to be made. I'm sure we all have a disappointment or two, but we're getting 24 amazing f'ing cars!!! That's like what, 20-22% of our current entire Kunos garage size! And it's Porsche! :cool:

Orne, Edelstahl and Rolz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.