1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Cyclists all around the world triumph !

Freddie Seng likes this.
  2. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Can't wait to drive the 917K on some of the tracks already available on AC. There was some mitical races of this car during the early 70's. We already have Monza, SPA, Brands Hatch and the Red Bull Ring (part of the fantastic old Osterreichring) to put that monster to straight its legs.

DaveS78 likes this.
  3. Crackez

Crackez Rookie

If the Porsche content comes in the PS4 version from the release without being extra content then Happy days :D. If not, then I will not buy it because I don't buy games from developers that announce DLC's before the game is released. Even in the PC, the game already has a LOT of DLC's and this just gets way too expensive for my own taste.

PS: And we have to remember that it is 2 DLC's. Not 1 with all the content

4. nangu

nangu Gamer

WOW!! What a wonderfull surprise!!

Big thanks Kunos!!

5. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

Brilliant Stuff.
    Really happy to see the 919 Hybrid make an 'official' appearance in an actual driving sim and not waste its potential in Real Racing and along with the TS040 and the R18 e-tron we're going to have a nearly complete LMP1 HY Grid. (Since all of them seem to be last years model, we technically miss the Nissan LMP1 but they played no relevant role anyway). The only thing missing now is an corresponding circuit somewhere in France ;)

Still amazed by this addition to the game, can't wait for autumn now :)

6. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Literally blown away. Porsche is my FAVORITE and its been a huge letdown all these years to not have Porsche in any games thanks to EA. But finally, we have Porsche, and its in my favorite pure racing game since Gran Turismo 3. Holy crap, you guys just knocked this one out of the park. Literally nobody else has Porsche yet!!! Do you guys realize what a huge deal this is?

You guys have Porsche before Forza, Gran Turismo, and the rest of those big developers. Hell yes!! Massive congrats to you guys I couldn't be happier for your success.

IF I had to pick 5 cars from Porsche to be in the game... The new Turbo S, the new 911R, 918 obviously... And then it gets harder. There are SO many amazing Porsches, how can you possibly just choose a few? Now THAT is one part of your job that I don't envy. But seriously, holy cow, I'm so excited.

7. [​IMG]

8. Crackez

Crackez Rookie

I'm afraid that this is not that simple but I always love to see this meme :D.

tommi karsikas likes this.
  9. Redglyph

Redglyph Gamer

Great news, fantastic!
    Congratulations on the deal, this is well-deserved!

10. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

[​IMG]
    x 10 millionbillion.

This year so far:
    [​IMG]

11. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

The PS4 version is coming out in August. Porsche will be DLC.... in Autumn. Odds are very low this will not be paid dlc.

Good news is that Kunos prices dlc very low. Bad news is it breaks your rules so you will not be buying it. More good news... You can always change your rules.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

Brainspiller, Fat-Alfie and Octane like this.
  12. c.j

c.j Rookie

Well Done guys. This will be a fantastic addition. Got in for my PC, will be getting it for my xbone as support.

13. robbo6

robbo6 Gamer

erm Porsche has been in Forza for a while now!

14. Porsche should be happy theyre getting Assetto Corsa! Nice expansion of their excellence!

I hope there are many classic Porsches coming! 1965 911, 906, 908, 917! If even one of these makes it in the game, i'll see AC as Porsche Simulator for the next 3 months! :D

15. I really hope that you are kidding. With shows like Top Gear, even in the last corners of the world it should be common knowledge that Porsches are the best handling cars in their respective (price) categories..no matter if you take the Boxster in the "cheap roadster" category, the Cayenne in SUV (ugly thing that, but handling is crazy), or the 911 GT3 in the "pure sportscar" category, apart from "one off"-supercars, there is nothing better in the corners. I had the pleasure to drive quite some models myself, and comparable to BMW or Mercs, it's night and day. Got a Merc sportscar myself, but the Boxster S from my buddy just destroys me in the corners...
    Quote Clarkson: "The grip is never ending"...
    I really hope you were kidding in the first place

16. Lord Xaffax

Lord Xaffax Rookie

YeSS!!!
    Stave_Mc_Queen_and_the_917_fs.jpg

Enzo Martin likes this.
  17. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Kunos for never ending surprises! You have created the best driving simulator there is and with every addition you make it better, Assetto Corsa is the benchmark simulation software. Thank you for your efforts, time and sacrifices that you make to deliver the very best to your customers and supporters. I am looking forward to the most authentic experience of Porsche cars, available only from Kunos Simulazioni. Keep up the amazing progress!

Edelstahl and pika4u like this.
  18. almarm

almarm Racer

Can't understand...

An italian game with Ferrari (6 cars + 2 coming) and Lamborghini (5 cars + 1 coming) licenses (the most exotic and desired) which adquieres a german license to add 20 cars...

Why not to include more Ferrari and Lambo models (that's what most people want)?

19. McCloud888

McCloud888 Rookie

Great news, cant wait.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Err, that's not how licensing works, you know. There are many more factors that play into licensing and implementing content. And you shouldn't forget about the implications of a partnership where the simulator is used in said company.

Also, I don't think your numbers tell the whole story. If my counting isn't off:

Italian cars, released: 22 + 8 variants + 2 Italian-American (SCG) = 32 cars, 7 brands
    Italian cars, upcoming: 11 + 2 Italian-American (SCG) known + Maserati brand, unknown models = at least 13, 5 brands
    = 45+ total, 8 brands

Upcoming Ferrari: 488 GTB and/or GTE/GT3, F138, FXX K = 3-4
    Upcoming Lamborghini: Asterion, Aventador (SV), Gallardo GT3, Veneno = 4

German cars, released: 26 + 11 variants = 37, 4 brands
    German cars, upcoming: 7 known + ~20 Porsche, unconfirmed models = at least 27 cars, 2 brands
    = 64+ total, 5 brands

Other cars, released: 47 + 11 variants + 2 Italian-American (SCG) = 60 cars, 10 brands
    Other cars, upcoming: 13 known models + 2 Italian-American (SCG) = 15, 7 brands
    = 75 total, 11 brands

Don't think 25+% of all current and upcoming cars being Italian is an under-representation. You also have more Italian tracks in the game as compensation.

It'd also be nice if you spoke for yourself instead of treating your view as general opinion. You don't know what "most" people want - other than seeing more cars getting implemented in general.

That said, I'd be more than happy seeing more Italian cars in the game. I know Kunos said classic cars are hard to implement but there are many Italian classics that are more than worthy. *wink wink* ;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.