1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assigned Buttons

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by C3PO, Oct 12, 2018.

1. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Hi all,

Loving the feel of the Bentley in this second update! Will do a little review over the coming week. One question, after I assign buttons like wipers and engine map to my wheel ... it successfully takes but the buttons in game then don't work. Are these more advanced controls to follow or is something wrong my end?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 0.7, No buttons can be assigned Apr 3, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec F1 Rim - Buttons assigned but not working? Feb 7, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Assigned wheel buttons don't work ingame Oct 14, 2018
    ACC User Interface Duplicated buttons or button already assigned Sep 16, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Headlight Flasher cannot be assigned on the G920 on XBX Series S???? Apr 10, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Post race time penalties assigned, but not applied Oct 12, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer "Error reading PlayerID" in server log file, ballast not assigned Mar 2, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals View Settings > Pitch hotkeys can't be assigned Apr 16, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Career - opponents laptime assigned to user Nov 13, 2019
    General modding discussion materials -auto- assigned to multiple parts? Nov 2, 2019
    ACC User Interface #62 R Motorsport Aston Martin wrong driver assigned Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Actions assigned to Shift + Look Left/Look Right trigger Look command Sep 14, 2018
    Suggestions Clutch override that can be assigned to a button on gamepad Sep 28, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Losing assigned controls!! Dec 30, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Several assigned controls have stopped working. Aug 15, 2016

3. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Should work if you have saved the profile before exiting the controls menu. If this doesn't help then maybe make a bug report in support subforum.

4. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Thank you will double check tonight.

5. pbsmgm

pbsmgm Rookie

We lost the ability to assign buttons in v6. I have been file in every version up to 6.x I have spent hours trying to get the buttons to assign and have given up.

6. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Are you clicking the advanced button to assign? because it doesn't seem to work if you do that, if you just click anywhere along the bar of the button you want to assign, it worked that way for me.

7. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

I think I had to clear the default assignments first before reassigning my buttons and axis

8. pbsmgm

pbsmgm Rookie

Yes, I have done this a hundred different ways all over the place with click, no click, adv, clear, unclear, hit, run, get sick of it....lol.. so after now nearly 3 hours since v6.0.1.2.3.4.....I have been there done that and the buttons will not allow me to assign them.

And completely reinstalled ACC, deleted the config folder a dozen times, turned all off in device manager, and back on, updated the firmware and reflashed is several times, tried to edit the control.json file to add the buttons......this does not work anymore.

Besides all this....It simply just worked from v1-v5 no problem at all...so it was fine no issues prior to v6, so clearly the issue is v6.