1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Balance of Performance - Really disappointed after Patch 1.0.3

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Franz. F., Oct 8, 2016.

1. Franz. F.

Franz. F. Rookie

I had hoped the balance of Performance would be corrected but just the new difficulty levels bring nothing.

How should I win the 2. N2 Event Race on Nürburgring short with a Z4 against M1 BMW which is 10sec faster per Round on Alien when racing against just Z4s I can fight for the win?

I'm loosing interest and will go back to PCars where everything except the handling/Simulation is better there.

A pity, becouse I just bought the Xbox1 because of the Fanatec compatibility to AC there.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Dailysportscar - Understanding Balance Of Performance Aug 10, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Gt3 balance of performance a little skewed? Dec 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gte/gt3 balance of performance? Oct 2, 2014
    ACC Physics GT4 balance Oct 10, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server behind load balancer can't connect to lobby using publicIP option Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Audio Cockpit sounds off balanced Oct 4, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Aero balance bug in 720s Aug 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Aero Balance on GT4 cars Mar 30, 2021
    ACC Physics Ferrari ride height aero balance anomalies Dec 21, 2020
    ACC Physics Car Weight Balance Oct 29, 2020
    ACC Physics Dry to wet tyres transition, and aero balance changes Oct 5, 2020
    ACC Physics GT4 Setup menu - missing aero balance Jul 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions A little balance maybe... Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.3.11] No animation on Bentley brake balance changes Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Audio Engine Loudness Balance Mar 12, 2020

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I guess, don't try it on Alien difficulty then? The 1M and Z4 should be pretty similar in pace. 10 seconds per lap faster than you on the Sprint circuit shouldn't be down to the car.

Edit: To add to that - the fastest times on PC on RSR live timing for the Z4 and the Nürburgring Sprint circuit are around 1:46, 1:47, which is about what the 100% AI is running with the 1M, for me at least. The physics and "balance of performance" as you call it (there's none for specific events) are the same between platforms (assuming that version of the tyre models should be the same now with the latest patch). So to get on first place you need to be on pace for Alien, if not you should at least be able to be on second place for silver - which is all you really need for the event. You don't need to win every single event to progress.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. You must not finish every single event. often are 3 from 6 enough or so. What I saw on yt today seems not poor.

5. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

There is no BoP in these events. You don't have to win the event on alien. The cars are as fast as they should be. You aren't going to beat them with a Z4 nor should you be able to.

6. Franz. F.

Franz. F. Rookie

Thanks for your replies guys.

I got it a deeper look now:
    What I mentioned above was all done in the Career N2 Race on Nürburing Sprint
    with the standard BMW Z4 without any aids on except the tyre blankets.

Now I did 10 Lap Quick Races on the same track,no Setup changes,
    one time with the BMW 1M and one time with the BMW Z4 (standard)
    Difficulty: Alien
    Class: Same
    Traction: factory
    ABS: factory
    Tyre blankets: on
    Tyre wear: on

I was able to fight for the win in both of the races with following best lap times:

BMW 1M:
    Me: 1:45,3
    AI (Alien): 1:45,0

BMW Z4:
    Me: 1:47,5
    AI(Alien): 1:47,5

So it seems the Z4 is around 2-2,5 secs slower.
    Who am I then supposed to win or get on the podium of the mentioned N2 race in a Z4 fighting against the 1Ms when I'm in fact able to race Aliens in the same class.
    I'm aware there might be guys out there, able to find those 2-2,5 secs but not many.
    With this leverage alien and way slower car I'm notable to and will not understand why I need to adjust the difficulty level then to climb up the career ladder.
    It's not very challenging then is it?
    Then I can just run thru on the lowest level.

What I'd have expected from 505 Games would have been doing some Balance of Performance in Career because sure it's nicer to run against different cars but with a chance to fight against all of them corresponding to the overall difficulty setting.

7. Exup

Exup Gamer

Some races (on career or even in special events ) are not well "calibrated".

Some events in Alien are impossible now...and others are too easy (special event with the Fiat esse esse in Alien is too easy for example).

I guess the balance and performance needs some attention from the developers in a near future.