1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Base set up not right, or is it me ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mgf1, Apr 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mgf1

mgf1 Rookie

Hello all,

Just got new to this forum today.

I just stepped over from PC2 yesterday to Assetto Corsa. What a difference :) AI is so much better and stronger then in PC2.

I seem to have a issue with the Taatuus fa01 on Spa Franchorchamps. Even with AI level set to medium I can not compete the way I should and want. Even on Kemmel Straight just after exiting Eau Rouge the AI seems so much faster then me.

The Tatuus FA01 should be able to reach 230 KMH + according to the car details, but I am happy if my car gets a top speed of 215 KMH at the end of Kemmel Straight. The corners seem to be ok, but everybody is passing on the straight, it feels a bit like Charles LeClerc in Bahrein last weekend having engine troubles.

I totally admit I am not the best driver, but in other sims like project cars or rfactor2 this is not happening to me.

So this is raising the questions to me if the base set up is terribly wrong for Spa or is it me who is terribly bad :)?

I am racing at PS4 in combination with a T300RS GT.

Thanks for your feedback and hope to see you online soon.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Lamborghini GT3 Base Setup @Misano 1:33.732 Apr 21, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Ferrari 488 Gt3 Base Setup @Hungary 1:43.791 Apr 19, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase (PS4), McLaren Wheel, settings Jan 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Setup Database Dec 16, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues AC SETUP MENU - FANATEC CLUB SPORT WHEEL BASE Dec 8, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Australian based Assetto Corsa Sep 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room What are these 'Baseline setups' that you speak? Aug 26, 2017
    Chit Chat Room GT3 base setup pack Jul 1, 2017
    Suggestions Server-based default setup Mar 20, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Base vehicle settings Nov 9, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Web based server manager for Assetto Corsa Aug 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Asetto corsa drivers knowledge base Nov 4, 2015
    Suggestions Load/save base setup & delete setup button Sep 22, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asseto corsa will not launch - windows 10 64 bit - kernelbase.dll issues Aug 1, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Kernelbase.dll error when starting assetto corsa May 21, 2015

3. mms

mms Alien

It looks like you don't have full acceleration with your pedals, I'm not familiar with PS4, but you should check whether by fully depressing your pedals you have full throttle in the game...

4. mgf1

mgf1 Rookie

Thanks for your reply :)

Looks like there is no issue with my pedal. All the corners I can take on the required pace. But is just a lack of power on the straights. Barely undoable in Blanchimont or Kemmel Straight.

What about wing settings for the FA01? I think base setting is 6 front and 6 rear wing. Could a wrong downforce setting can result in such low top speed?

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I believe that 6/6 wings is way too much for Spa, maybe fiddle with that a bit.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In AC base setup is generic and not track specific so for tracks like Spa, Monza etc youd likely want less downforce.