1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Beginner guide to Assetto Corsa Competizione?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Silversurfer, May 9, 2019.

1. Btw, i found ideal line in current state a little disorienting. I wish it to be flat fing on the ground, not flying

2. Silversurfer

Silversurfer Rookie

Thanks Coanda! I'll keep that in mind. I realized while watching this youtube series called introduction to driving and it made me realize I still have a lot to learn, the main one being braking and trail braking(this is the 1st time I'm hearing about this). But that made me realize why I miss the apex most of the time.

Will do that, haven't had the time, 1 more week of chaos at work before my life gets back to normal and I play ACC again. The replays don't have an option to show both cockpit and virtual view I assume, so I need to figure out how to comp together those 2 videos together.

This youtube series was something I found useful especially if you're a beginner and wondering why isn't the car doing what I want it to do. For those (like me), unless you're talented, this takes a lot of time and practice to get really good at it. I honestly thought I could master this in a couple of weeks, boy was I dreaming

Turk, PSIRUS, Arlo and 2 others like this.
  3. PSIRUS

PSIRUS Gamer

Using geforce shadow play was the easiest I way I found of just recording your lap can upload straight to YouTube from it too

4. Turk

Turk Alien

Yeah, it really is more like learning a skill than playing a game. That's why I push sim racing into the hobby category rather than the game category.

Silversurfer and Arlo like this.
  5. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Racer

I put AC in the hobby category- I put ACC in the mental and physical fitness category.

6. Silversurfer

Silversurfer Rookie

I totally agree, this is definitely a skill game. After watching some of the videos, I now understand a bit more on how to drive on the track a lot better. I'm not breaking the 2 mins by any means, but I am getting a lot more consistent laps around the track. Forgot to record a video but I just played for about 20 mins, but those 20 mins were a lot more consistent albeit a bit slower laps, around 2:07. I'm actually not concerned about hitting the 2min mark or getting faster, right now just concentrating on how to drive the car, what works, what doesn't. I'm kinda glad I haven't had enough time to play the game and spent a lot more time watching youtube and gathering knowledge, I think I would have been a lot more frustrated with the game otherwise.

7. PSIRUS

PSIRUS Gamer

Glad to hear things are working out @Silversurfer consistent mistake free laps are more important than speed in my eyes, speed will be a result of being consistent.

Silversurfer likes this.