1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best drift sim

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ozm8ey, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Gamer

Assetto corsa is the best drifting simulator out there, what do you guys think? I think it is just need a few more official drifting tracks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa is The Best Drift Simulator. Need AI for Practice Tandem Drift Aug 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best setting for drifting - ffb gain and damper? Sep 6, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Best Drifting-FFB Setup for DFGT [Guide] May 18, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Best Lap Problem Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo Incorrect Lap shown as Best Lap on Q Dash Nov 29, 2021

3. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

I always felt like LFS was the easiest sim to drift, hands down. However AC feels a lot more like drifting IRL, the weight transfer, the steering feel, the odd "horizontal" line that the car takes when you drift with too much angle. Everything just feels real in AC, in LFS is just easy.

Robin_NL and Kristaps like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im no drifter but didnt the nsx in rf2 get positive reviews from drifters? Thats one car though and you ask for a sim but worth mentioning :)

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

IMO drifting in AC is the easiest drifting in a sim I've ever done. I have to admit I never tried LFS (although I was aware that it existed and thought about trying it out but it was not very high on my list of things to try), so maybe that is easier, don't know.
    I did however drift in NFS Shift, which iirc was (together with LFS) one of the first games focussing specifically on drifting.
    And in comparison to that AC is soooooo much easier. Partly because the controls don't suck and partly because it feels so natural.

Note though that this might depend on your wheel. Some wheels introduce some sort of lag as they are not fast enough to follow the front wheel movement, so you have to use a different technique or lower steering degree there.
    If your wheel is fast enough you can just do it as in the real car. ;)

6. isamu

isamu Racer

Can you take the drift cars out on normal tracks?

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You can use all cars on all tracks. Or do i missunderstand you?

8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

LFS and AC are both fine in their own way. LFS taught me a lot also irl.

But Automobilista also has a fine way of drifting/feel.
    Caterhams 620, Historic GP mod(BMW CSL /Aston/Cobra/365 Ferrari/old 911)

Cheers
    Robin

Kristaps likes this.
  9. chakko

chakko Alien

TBH, i never found LFS particularly "realistic". Always felt like driving on a flat surface, rather than feeling like real driving. rFactor 1 was even worse though.

10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Now I feel like a clumsy fool... :p

ALB123 and Ernie like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

No need, I couldn't drift to save my life in all my years of playing AC. It wasn't until I got the rift that I could actually drift. Being able to look to where you want to go makes a huge difference. Drifting on a single monitor is hard, you're half the time guessing where the car is going because it's outside your viewing window.

Within minutes of being in VR I could drift pretty well. The underlying skill was there, I had built it up I just couldn't put it into practice. The new wheel played a large role too, my old wheel had next to no FFB left in it so wouldn't really countersteer when needed.

Mike1304 likes this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Really nice new Drift track in RaceDepartment: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zmeinka-1-0.14636/

[​IMG]

It has race layout too with AI. Race version works quite well on low powered cars. Very good visual quality in this track, lot of detail and unusual seaview. Apparently real track in Russia

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Ernie, Kristaps, Quffy and 1 other person like this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No need to. As I said it partly depends on the wheel.
    If I'd invite you to come over here and try with my setup (DD wheel) I could ensure you that you could at least do some drifting within ~30min.
    The correct and fast response of the wheel really helps.
    I'm barely turning the wheel, just pushing down the throttle (or pulling the handbrake) and let go off the steering wheel until I achieved the right angle (obviously do have to do some throttle modulation but you can learn that within half an hour, I'm pretty sure there).

The G27 is not a bad wheel and does have some speed, but (maybe depending on your settings) it still might require some adapting to prevent things going out of hand.
    I think Aris actually wrote that he's using a G27, but I'm not 100% sure there.

What I actually wanted to say is that AC is just doing things right there, so if you have a good drifters car like the Supra or the E30 M3, you can learn it very easily unless you're (to some degree) limited by your input device.
    (Not saying that everyone should get a DD wheel, don't get me wrong. ;))
    I'm doing fine on a single 16:10 screen (so even less horizontal FOV than a 16:9 screen). :p
    But you're right that it's easier on triples (did that) and maybe with VR as well (didn't try that yet).

The lack of horizontal FOV with my single screen is a bit of a limitation but it's not that bad. Humans (or at least me :p) are very good at guessing, so I can e.g. drift very closely to the pit wall on the drift circuit without that part being within my FOV.
    It's just the same thing as with the car width and curbs or other track limitations. You learn very fast to judge how for you can go onto the other side without hitting the border.

Mike1304 likes this.
  14. Masternick13

Masternick13 Gamer

In real life you don't really feel the bumps in the road through the steering wheel, if you hit something with the steering wheels you feel it in LFS.

LFS does the FFB better then any other sim when it comes to drifting, Assetto Corsa does other things better like the rear tyre grip which in LFS is kinda messed up, a 200kw car in LFS feels like it has half that, in AC you can modulate the throttle more to control the rear grip.

15. chakko

chakko Alien

Hm, i think you are wrong there. You will surely feel the bumps on the road in the steering.

16. konnos

konnos Simracer

Pure Steering rack forces vs Seat of Pants feel debate! GO!

17. moz9rt

moz9rt Rookie

the best drift tracks that i dont see alot, are the mountain type tracks with guardrails and lots of steep curves. they are more interesting and lofty to drift through.