1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best way to record gameplay video for youtube?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by dkwuan, Nov 23, 2015.

1. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

I would like to make some gameplay videos. Is there a way to export the replays to youtube format from within the game? Or do I need to download special software to do this?

I would like to upload to youtube at 1920x1080 at 60fps.

How can I do this?

2. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

You need recording software that will save replays in a format you can upload to Youtube. I see you use Nvidia so maybe give Shadowplay a go, it's free and pretty good. Otherwise you can try FRAPS which has a demo version and it's a very basic tool, easy to use, but needs purchasing for full features.

It's been discussed before, give the search button a go. Here is one of the previous threads: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/recording-software.26021/

3. YardStick

YardStick Gamer

I think you could try this: https://obsproject.com/
    It is for streaming, yes, but you can also "stream to disk" with it.

It can be a slight pain in the rear bumper to get it working the way you want it to, but there are plenty of tutorials an guides about the right setups all over the interwebs..

f1webberfan likes this.
  4. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

Thanks for the help guys! :)

5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think nVidia Share (aka Shadowplay) is what you need.

esox71, cooknn and McNappa like this.
  6. kevje

kevje Racer

Definitely Shadowplay. Set it to 1080p at 60 fps, and keep the bitrate on the high side, like 60-80mbps. You could go with less but you have to remember Youtube also compresses the file heavily after uploading. So the preferred method is to upload a very large file and let Youtube compress it to maintain most of the quality. Also if your PC supports it (stay above 60 fps when recording at 60 fps obviously) you can really increase the graphics to make the video look great.

esox71 likes this.
  7. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

I tried ShadowPlay but I can't get the quality above 720p for some reason.

8. kevje

kevje Racer

It might have something to do with your native resolution beeing 2560x1600 :p

For recording you could try setting it to 1920x1080, but im just guessing here.

9. AntiCry

AntiCry Gamer

I've compressed like a 4GB file from fraps with Handbrake(software) to about 100Mb. Then uploaded to youtube and still the quality is nice :)
    Check this: fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    R-power likes this.
  10. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

i'm using Mirillis !Action and i love it

here a live test
    setting: 1920x1080 @60fps 12mb/s upload

here a recorded + edited video
    setting: 1920x1080 @60fps recording and edited to 1920x1080 @30fps and 150/200mb/s frame rate

R-power likes this.
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i wouldnt recommend fraps with win10. unless the issue wiith avi files is only for some people. i switched to shadowplay as fraps doesnt work for me unless i convert the video after recording it.

12. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

OBS is fine too.

13. Yilia Yang

Yilia Yang Rookie

My desktop screen recording tool, Joyoshare Screen Recorder, can help capture my performance in gameplay. It supports customizing different recording size and adjusting codec, resolution, sample rate, etc. handily.

14. Had tried OBS... clunky, not user friendly, too much room for error.
    used FRAPS... outdated, lacks options, not performance friendly.
    used Xsplit... user friendly, performance friendly, but started charging for what was once free.

Been using Nvidia Geforce Experience (GPU) since the feature was added.
    ^
    Nvidia's feature is free, simple, user friendly, has no performance hit, and looks best in my opinion.
    Most users don't even realize it is a feature with modern Nvidia GPUs.

15. rossbarton035

rossbarton035 Rookie

I usually use a screen recorder by Movavi - URL. It's really easy to use and provides all the necessary tools.