1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic best wheel

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Luciano Micale, May 27, 2018.

1. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

hi guys, i want to change my wheel and was wandering about csl elite and v3 pedals or thrustmaster ts - xw...what do you think about?!?what gives the best ffb?!?
    another little question...if i buy a new wheel my console will give me the same ffb of a pc?!?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Best Wheels to Play Assetto Corsa Competizione Aug 18, 2021
    Chit Chat Room This is obviously the BEST steering wheel in the world (joke) Mar 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec Porsche GT2 (GT3RS and similar wheels in series). Settings. Best firmware and drivers. Oct 22, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Best Setup for running Assetto on a PS4 using a Maxrace F1-V5 Adaptor and a G27 Wheel! Dec 8, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Best settings for Thrustmaster wheels Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What's the best wheel stand for cheap? May 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best cheap wheel with 260° Jul 31, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Best price-performance wheel? Mar 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room The best wheel for ac? Jul 31, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022

3. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

IMO CSL Elite and V3 Pedals. What is for you best FFB? If best means strongest? Go for CSL Elite. If Best means smoothest? GO FOR CSL ELITE . If best mean quiet? Go for CSL Elite. So I think its clear to say Go for CSL elite with V3.
    You will have enough FFB for you'r Live. I can't compare it to TS but to the T300. The CSL Elite is for me in a totally different League than the T300. The csl elite is basically in all aspects so much better. About your PC Question you need to ask the Dark Side Guys...and they all will tell you that FFB on PC is so much stronger than on Console. Hope we all can LOL :)

4. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

ok thank you very much, my idea was to take the csl elite with pedals now for my ps4 pro and wait for black friday and then take a killer gaming pc with n vidia geforce gtx 1080 so i can use my csl also with that.

5. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

Of course if you want even better FFB then stay away from any of those regular consumer wheels and go for a Direct drive wheel. They are more expensive, but they will crap all over any of your standard wheels. It will have stronger FFB (a regular wheel puts out about 1-5 newtons of torque, there is one regular wheel that puts out 7n) one of the cheaper direct drive wheels will put out about 30 newtons, more expensive wheels will put out more. It will have faster response times (ie, you can turn the wheel faster) you usually have unlimited rotation. yes the CSL elite is a nice wheel for sure. its one of if not the best regular wheel on the market. But there are still way WAY better wheels available, if you really want a good wheel..

Same with pedals. the V3 pedals are very nice. but if you want REALLY good, then there are options available for that..
    Same with shifters and handbrake levers. You can go with a decent consumer shifter, or you can pay more and get something a little more "professional"

Dont get me wrong, im not saying do not get the CSL elite, but you was asking about good wheels and pedals, and what you had listed is good, but in the grand scheme of things it's actually only mid range equipment. So i wanted to let you know there are even better choices available..

Heck i still use my original Logitech G25 wheel pedals and shifter. I think its great, i wouldnt change it, unless it broke..

Good luck with your purchase anyway. im sure whatever you go with, you will enjoy loads.

6. matlorc

matlorc Rookie

Are direct drive wheels compatible with PS4?

7. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Nope...at least not without a box of tricks to facilitate it afaik.

8. matlorc

matlorc Rookie

So CSL Elite + V3 pedal is the best combo for a PS4 owner?

9. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

it seems so...i'm getting this one so if i change to pc i can use it as well

10. matlorc

matlorc Rookie

Ciao Luciano, it my own thought. The only doubt is that if I won't buy a PC, I'm afraid that Elite won't be compatible with PS5.
    Matteo

11. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

some days ago i went in imola for a 911 gt3 cup race and there were lots of postations with sparco gaming seat, thrustmaster ts wx and assetto was running on a aegis gaming pc...it was the first time i have tried it on pc and with a different wheel (mine is a g29 with playseat)...it was incredible,like another game,maybe the wheel or 60fps i don't know but it was incredible.So i read a lot and found that csl elite is better than thrustmaster...i'm waiting for it and a sparco gaming rig. i'll be waiting for black friday then update to a good gaming pc (aegis ti3 is my choice now).I don't know but i think they are not going to develop so many simulations on consoles.Assetto was a beautifull surprise but you see on pc is completely another thing

bradleyland, StyleF1re and paul_wev like this.
  12. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I’m well pleased with my Thrustmaster ts pc, an upgrade from my t300. Much faster response and more torque (I had to turn the power down , it was wearing me out)

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

olevet likes this.