1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Besy Damn DIY Seq shifter build ever

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Oct 12, 2016.

1. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Hello guys, I have been working on a sequential shifter for the past three months, after some up ,downs, and redesigns. I have finally got it to where I first imagined it. So here we go from start to finish

WORK ON BOTH CONSOLES AND PC.

Excuse me if this post is in the wrong section

follow me on these social media sites to get early pics of progress

twitter and facebook
    @clos27reyes
    Pics 14568043_1862009667363459_2310358662842914146_n.jpg

14606392_1862009654030127_1818609511074108125_n (1).jpg
    14590366_1862009694030123_109129187272047573_n.jpg 14522802_1862009680696791_5482767024665133477_n.jpg
    14606250_1862009704030122_3563022042042994389_n.jpg
    testing seq shifter

part 1 diy sequential shifter

part 2 diy sequential shifter

part 3 diy sequential shifter

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Roble, Scuderia Paul and dESK0 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Shadows,damn them to hell. ? Dec 6, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fix the damn saves Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Is there a way to report a damn cheater? May 19, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Pretty damn to aggressive AI Jul 9, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues The AI are so damn BAD, man! Feb 17, 2019
    Console Lounge Damn you AC Aug 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Qualify bug. Press the DAMN skip session. Feb 2, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI become damn fast in 1.10.x Dec 12, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues So damn high ping Aug 14, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Acs.exe crashes on start (damn xfire) Aug 23, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Damn coyotes..:d hilarious Jul 19, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asc.exe has stopped working (solved: damn xfire) Jun 23, 2014
    Screens & Videos Damn that Touge power :D Akagi Mountain Onboard May 21, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering wheel moves too damn fast May 17, 2014

3. palendrone

palendrone Rookie

Is it likely that the same build would work on the Thrustmaster TX series on the Xbox one? Completely in awe of what you've built it's awesome :0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Ye
    Yes this will work with any console. I don't have an Xbox, but if you can connect any keyboard to the system and use it, then this would work. Of course the title needs to support keyboard mapping, in order to assign the inputs to the shifter.

You can also do the l3 , r3 MOD and use it *** an add on.
    Here the video to that

palendrone likes this.
  5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Awesome piece of work there man, unfortunately I don't think keyboard mapping is possible on console nor is multiple device input anymore(was for GT5/6 which is why most of us made some form of ebrake adapted to our controllers or hard wired straight into the the wheels circuit board jumping off an already preset or assigned button. Not easy getting a good setup on console these days. Wheels may possibly be compatible with the controller configuration on XB1(don't know) but Playstations' doesn't recognise any wheels and then there's the fact AC has no button mapping meaning it has to be the preset button on the game.

6. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Project cars is the only console game at the moment that supports keyboard mapping. It can be done. Developers just need to implement it. If not some can always go the wheel MOD route.

7. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah was kinda like with GT having it on PS3. Does PCars support keyboard as an input device for games on console whilst already using one? I didn't know it could that.

8. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Yes project cars supports keyboard mapping, one of the reasons why I built the button box. here is a early prototype of both button box and shifter build

EVERYTHING in video is working on the PS4

All of this is running on the PS4

Jump to 35 minutes to see me use the button box which is essentially a keyboard.

And the shifter here is exactly the same thing.

9. skeinon

skeinon Rookie

LOOK AWESOME !!
    Great work M8!

Please Kunos, add button mapping feature (also with usb external keyboard support)
    we need improve our AC experience and enjoy all our hardware mods

10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

That's some awesome hardware there buddy, looks like something I would have had if not for consoles restrictive nature and was useful on multiple games. Guess I should have looked into PCars but that game got the nickname Project Radbull from me because my drift team all said that it was the only car with enough steering angle to actually drift properly even on a wheel. They pushed me to get it because i'm usually the tune n wheel wizz when it comes to figuring things like that out having been on a wheel for almost a decade but I was hesitant due to their complaints about it, yet I went and spent $500 on release day for AC based on one teammates faith in KS, go figure huh.:confused:

11. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

That sucks but don't lose faith, you will find a game that will make that purchase justifiable. I have also used a wheel since the gt3 days. Can't imagine ever using a control pad instead. I am still confident that kunus will do this title right. Haven't lost hope.

12. Roble

Roble Gamer

Incredible work, very impressive! And people say you console guys cannot be hardcore too (even though it's still the dark side :p) , just show them this and that will shut them up!

clos2727 likes this.
  13. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Honestly, the reason I don't race on PC, is because I like gaming in general. And don't see the appeal in gaming on a PC as easy and enjoyable as console. Not to mention a lot less cheaters. That and the fact that to run a simulator on high setting means I have to dish out serious cash on a pc. One day though. We are the few, that actually make console racing enjoyable.