1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Biggest settings impact on GPU?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by 81sc, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

You are right, it's not exactly the same

2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Misano, 14:00h, sunny

3. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

Coanda is right , he has found the floating effect, it's what I thought, it depends of the time, with the sun inclinaison.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

MISANO, 14h00, Sunny

HIGH
    20190818213410_1.jpg 20190818213411_1.jpg 20190818213414_1.jpg 20190818213425_1.jpg 20190818213428_1.jpg 20190818213437_1.jpg 20190818213515_1.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

MISANO, 14h00, Sunny
    EPIC
    20190818213610_1.jpg 20190818213611_1.jpg 20190818213613_1.jpg 20190818213620_1.jpg 20190818213622_1.jpg 20190818213624_1.jpg 20190818213626_1.jpg

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

the EPIC shadows are darker, more black, and less aliased, more detailed, it's EPIC, but HIGH is not too much ugly and has no FPS drops like I have at brandhatch at 20h00 after the bridge

7. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

Mirror QUality High only gives me 1,5 % more FPS but looks a LOT worse because it disabled all kind of dirt and rain spray in the mirrors which you only get with Mirror Quality Epic.
    Just try to drive when its raining. You wont notice any rain spray in the mirror with Quality at High. Or when you drive off track in the grass, you wont get any kind of gravel in the mirrors. Thats an exclusive feature of Epic and therefore I can only use Epic for the mirror quality.

8. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

what gpu and resolution do you use ? And I look more in front of me than in the mirror, and when I'm in the grass, I don't look at the mirror to think 'what beautiful spray I have', you're a little bit crazy.

MTv and deadmeat2k like this.
  9. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

See my Signature. RTX 2080 overclocked, 5120x1440 (5K) resolution.

10. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

With EPIC shadows + EPIC mirrors, try Brandhatch, 20h00, Syunny, start last with 29 AI, your FPS will drop to 35fps in a specific place (unacceptable for me), I let you find where :).

With EPIC mirrors + EPIC shadows, Try medium rain, with Brands hatch, start last, and tell me how much FPS you have in the second turn :)

More than the quality, I prefer the higher framerate, it's hard to find the right balance.

ShObiTho likes this.
  11. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

Epic Shadows cost me 20 FPS, not acceptable indeed. Unfortunately with high shadows the cars look like they are floating around the track, but that's better than losing 20 FPS in this resolution where I only get 80-100 FPS even with high shadows, this would be under 60 FPS a lot of times with epic shadows, not acceptable.
    But epic mirrors only cost 1-2 FPS and it looks MUCH better than high when driving in rain or off track (otherwise no visible difference), therefore epic mirrors are a must here. So high shadows with epic mirror quality here.

12. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I wil try, but I fear that Epic mirror costs more than 1-2 fps but 5-6- and where the framerate is 60, 5-6 fps is a lot !

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

It is the Enigine.ini file with
    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=2.00
    that stops floating cars with Shadows on High ;) without the tweak they float .

14. its.me

its.me Racer

Mirrors seem also loading the CPU significantly. During race start mirrors high vs mirrors off makes 15FPS difference. My RTX 2080Ti is at 35%. I think it is my i73770k@4.1GHz limiting FPS.

15. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Kunos should really make this default the floating cars is NR 1 immersion breaker

Stains, rycil and Racert46 like this.
  16. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

That would only make sense if everyone had floating cars and that's not the case.

henkjansmits likes this.
  17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It doesn't even help.
    It doesn't make shadows under opponents at high looking like epic.

rycil and LeDude83 like this.
  18. alex_savo

alex_savo Simracer

Quite interest in this floating of cars talk. I have the shadows set at epic and also noq tweaked the engine.ini file, but still getting massive floating cars. Please see pictures.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. For you guys with high end components... are you saying the 60 fps (let's say never dipping below 60) is just not quite hood enough? I was under the impression that our eyes cannot really tell a difference above 60. Is that right? Or is 80-100 fps a high end goal but also a noticable one?

I'll be upgrading PC soon, so wonder if the extra expense of 2080ti (vs 2080 super) is worth it.

Thx

20. Stains

Stains Simracer

Well if your eyes can't see more than 60fps your brain certainly can feel it, lol
    60 is the minimum.

But yes it's easily possible to see more than 60fps! I only have a 60Hz monitor but have tried 144Hz and just moving the mouse around its plainly obvious, my 6yr old can see it even, on a blind test.
    I asked which was smoother and withing about 10 seconds he said the 144Hz was better. Makes me both sad and happy knowing there is better avaliable to me but also I need to spend more money now.