1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Blancpain GT Series TV/Streaming access?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ijac, Mar 13, 2019.

1. ijac

ijac Gamer

Will the the races for the 2019 season be accessible on TV or live streaming in the US?

I can't seem to find any clear info about the broadcasting plans for the 2019 season. I can't watch some of the old races on YouTube because they are "blocked in your country" (the US). Will live streaming be blocked for the upcoming season? Do I need a TV subscription?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions introduction to the Blancpain GT Series - rules and participants Jul 2, 2020
    ACC Blog An introduction to the Blancpain GT Series - rules and participants Jul 9, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Blancpain Series Event by ESR-RACE.ORG Jun 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT Series favourites target glory Down Under Feb 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain gt series Desktop (Circuit Paul Ricard) Nov 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT Series - Alex Zanardi Oct 25, 2018
    ACC Audio Official music's blancpain gt series Oct 24, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain gt series Desktop(Nurburgring track) Oct 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions ACC Desktop round 2 (Blancpain GT Series) Oct 16, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Steering Degrees in Blancpain GT Series Sep 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions So, about Blancpain series... Sep 10, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT Series / Discussion topic Mar 12, 2018
    News and Announcements ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE - Official Blancpain GT Series Game Feb 21, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room Blancpain Styled GT3 Championship series 2017 - Simracing.org.uk May 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup, Round 4 Budapest Aug 26, 2016

3. Jarkko Torvinen

Jarkko Torvinen Simracer

4. ijac

ijac Gamer

Thanks for the info.

I can watch the World Challenge America races at COTA right now on Youtube. Although I dont know if I could have watched it live. I missed it. I'll try and catch the next one live to see if it works.

So what is the race next month at Monza a part of? Is it just called the Blancpain GT Series? Forgive me, I'm still new to all this.

How is it different than the World Challenge Europe, Asia, America? Is it considered an International series?

5. Jarkko Torvinen

Jarkko Torvinen Simracer

OK, went also to search for more information :)
    So found: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/gt-tv/tv-guide
    Saying that the live stream (assume gtworld yt) "Live and highlights broadcasts of the Blancpain GT Series across all continents"
    There is also, "Live" in the series page, don't know how its related to gtworld yt stream, but its there: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/watch-live

Monza will be Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup race
    As for the sprint races and regional series, probably best answer with a link instead of me trying to explain with my bad English :) https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...h-out-for-during-the-2019-blancpain-gt-series

6. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Additionally check out NismoTV on YT, they bring a lot of BlancPain and also Japanese Super GT (<3 GT500´s) .

7. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Nismo won't anymore due to the fact they're not in Blancpain this year, just IGTC. So they will only stream the Spa 24h race as part of Blancpain.

You might need a VPN to bypass the geoblock that I am pretty sure GTWorld has on America for Blancpain Europe/Endurance. I really do recommend giving the Monza race this year a watch with a VPN, as I'm sure it'll be as brilliant as ever.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. chksix

chksix Simracer

The PB App isn't fully updated yet. I plan to watch the season on my phone since the only good racing channel has been switched out of the channel list by the sat companies here :(

9. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

10. ijac

ijac Gamer

So the old Blancpain GT Sprint Cup is now the GT World Challenge Europe, America and Asia. Correct? Do these same drivers and teams compete against each other in the GT Endurance Cup?

To ask it another way ... do the drivers and teams do 5 sprint races in the GT World Challenge region of their choosing (Europe, America or Asia)? And then they all come together and do 5 endurance races in the GT Endurance Cup?

I know nothing about how this all works. And everything on their website feels like it's being explained to someone who already knows how it works. I need this explained to me like I'm a 3 year old :)

11. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Kinda. So a manufacturer will have to nominate four-driver teams on each continent, with one each from the platinum, gold, silver and bronze categories. Points will be scored by each of the nominated drivers in the class of the series in which they are competing, multiplied by the number of starters.

It isn't quite linked to the Endurance cup, however if a manufacturer wants to enter the pro cup in the endurance series, then they must be running in the World Challenge Europe or IGTC too. It's all very confusing for now, but it'll make sense I'm sure once it all kicks off.

So far only Ferrari and Mercedes have committed to it, but I suspect more will join in the years to come.

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien