1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Block PC users from Console Lounge ....

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jim Layhee, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

Block PC users from Console Lounge for now at least.

The reception console users are getting from some of the PC based players is appalling and at times downright embarrassing. Pretty much every post attracts some snide comments which I think will have a negative effect on feedback from the console users.

Also I am a PC user and get the irony so those referenced above are free to refrain from posting.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever i try to get into a race [Blocked by Windows Defender] Dec 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Update Paused: Win10 threat protection blocking [Update your Win Defender db] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on launch - black screen [Corsair K65 keyboard blocking directinput control enumeration] Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Crash after British DLC release [.pak file validation blocked] Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Track blocked - Virtual Safety Car? Jan 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Doesn´t create file in documents [Antivirus blocking access] Jan 5, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes after first free practice in career mode [Windows Security blocking docs write] Dec 9, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot save setup [Windows Security blocking access to AC2-Win64-shipping.exe] Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Championship blocked at Paul Ricard Nov 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ISP blocking ACC servers Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error UE4-AC2 when launching [antivirus software block userdocs config directory access] Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Saving not possible since 1.5.5 [Win Defender blocking access to documents folder] Sep 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TMX blocked on 0° xbox Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wheel blocking view on rev lights in the McLaren 570S GT4 Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Spawn glitch causing repeated damage and blocked controls in pit lane. May 30, 2020

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Sounds like a good idea! Too bad that its needed. This is how WMD members attacked 'regular' users on the pcars forum.

Tomcul and jasjeet like this.
  4. GazCBG

GazCBG Gamer

How would this work for members with both PC and console version, like myself?

boskapongen likes this.
  5. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

You would need to find some other forum buddy!

6. GazCBG

GazCBG Gamer

I don't think that would work to well do you? Being blocked from the official forum.
    Or then again I could just unlink my steam account, like I have now.

7. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

Details details! I'm not a details man , I'm more a broad strokes kinda guy =D

A second account ? Your main validated through Steam and the second via Console ?

8. GazCBG

GazCBG Gamer

Yeh that could work and the easiest answer, or maybe they could add a validate through Xbox or Playstation networks, like they do for Steam.

AyrtJ97 likes this.
  9. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

Pleeeeease ban them. Lots of them so nasty. So unhelful. PC AC thought police including officers from the punctuation and grammar division. Ban 'em aaaalllll
    We're Making Assetto Great Again!!

Siekier likes this.
  10. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

As a ps4 player, I really do NOT like this idea. Yeah, there are some 'pc fanboys' around here, but there are also a lot of 'console fanboys'. The pc guys have a lot of experiance with AC, and I really have no problem with them being around here, I rather prefer them to be here as well, i've seen a lot of them who are helpfull too. And even I know they are here a lot longer, and some of them probably have helped form this sim as it is now. Because of a small group of 'annoying' pc guys, does not mean to ban them all. I've seen more 'whining' and unconstructive 'arguments' from consoleplayers atm. Instead of calling them names if you disagree with them, open the discussion in a constructive way with good arguments if you disagree. I'm sorry, but this is nonsense imo.

11. GatoSelvagem

GatoSelvagem Guest

I'm for giving them access.
    I used to have a PC, it died, so now on AC/PS4 till I can build another.

The PC non-bad apples have useful info to impart on newbies.
    I've seen quite a bit of that in the short time I've been here.

Many of the PC crowd that are helpful were former console gamers...
    ...I recognize many of the user names from back in my days on another console-centric forum.

Skemekos123, eSEA One and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I have no problem with the pc users being in the console threads. As long as both console and pc users debate in a constructive and respectful manner I see no issue. For the rest it is up to the mods to do their work.

13. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I don't think it's a good idea to seperate from them. There are fanboys on all formats.

14. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I'll admit I do feel its a unbalanced forum , pc users have access to the console section but console users are forbidden access to the pc section that doesn't set a very good look, but banning pc user's from the console section A will never happen and B isn't a good call.

I've have many a good helpful reply from some of those guys yes I've also had a few where knowledge wasn't there strong point but stone throwing from there green house was.

As it is with both sides you soon learn who to converse with and whom to ignore, the forum incorporates an ignore feature my suggestion would be to use it.

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Of course we can't separate users and common sense should not give space to these sterile wars.
    Forum provides two great function though:

- Ignore user
    - Report user

The first is straightforward. The second one is for reporting an inappropriate message to moderators, so they can take proper measures if necessary. Of course abuse is not tolerated.

LeDude83 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.