1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Blurriness In-Game

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by kashifm, Apr 20, 2019.

1. kashifm

kashifm Gamer

So, in the beginning, the blurriness would only bother me when watching replays, but now, I've realized it effects my driving. Everything has this "blurry hazy" sort of look to it. Things in the distance look even worse. I have my AA on temporal and Epic, but everything still looks so blurry. If I try FXAA, it's even worse.

It makes things hard to see, such as brake markers.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality The blurriness outside the car Dec 1, 2018
    ACC General Discussions In-Game FFB Settings For Thrustmaster TX May 30, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Bind in-game gui app to a keyboard? Feb 5, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds In-game telemetry data missing Dec 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Steam In-Game Voice chat Update Jul 27, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Controller Detected but Not Working In-Game May 7, 2018
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Kissmyrank - In-Game Spotter App Apr 6, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New installation- no showroom or in-game graphics Feb 24, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Every time I start the game up, in-game FFB goes to MAX. After restart it's fine. Aug 10, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thustmaster T150 Not Being Recognized in-game Apr 22, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G29 Not recognised in-game, but working in Control Panel Apr 21, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Allow clutch to be bound to an in-game button! Jan 6, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Lost in-game sound Dec 22, 2016
    Suggestions Moving the in-game help to the top of the app bar, making a help available in the options Nov 12, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues No Sound In-game (Sound only in Menu) Sep 20, 2016

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Hardcore Simmer

I can see why Kunos gets frustrated.

Coanda likes this.
  4. Si.

Si. Simracer

@kashifm assuming this is genuine and not a troll your issue is something to do with you setup, I use the same settings, epic and temporal and graphics are crystal clear on a 1080P 42inch TV. Check your draw distance etc. and post your hardware details in your signature as per forum rules, there’s more chance someone will be able to help you. Perhaps you have some post processing effects enabled on your graphics card for instance.

5. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

lol it's def. not a troll. Game is super blurry if you don't configure the graphics properly.
    Set AA to high.
    Sharpness to 80.
    Advanced Sharpness Filter enabled.

Should help quite a bit.

F1Aussie, esox71 and Coanda like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

TAA is blurry in any game that uses it however Kunos have provided two neat sharpening filters. Not knowing your specs you can also adjust the screen percentage for extra clarity.

7. kashifm

kashifm Gamer

Thanks, I'll try to play around with the settings. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was complaining in the first post.

8. esox71

esox71 Alien

What do you mean?

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

"Clarity" probably was not the correct word to use. Screen Percentage >100% = super-sampling. More GPU demanding however It really is nice. For my 1080 ti I can go between 150%-175% depending on how many opponents are rendered or not rendered. The range between 100%-150% does not penalize me so much for FPS. For me the UE4 dynamically throttles both my CPU & mainly GPU based on the opponent visible setting. I and a few others think it's an issue however it is what it is. I know if I run a SP/MP session with opponents above >15 then my GPU will throttle down to 60%-70% even though my CPU is not being maxed out and the opponents are not being rendered. In this scenario I change the screen percentage to 175% to force my GPU load back >90%. If I have to take a large 60 FPS hit with an under performing GPU I might as well get something in return. More super sampling :) I hope one day we have the option to save multiple graphic profiles.

I have tried many true 16:9 custom resolutions (similar to DSR) however for me, screen percentage SS works better both visually & performance wise. Please be mindful if you decide to run higher screen percentage values you will need less sharpening applied as the aliasing will be horrendous.

I hope that helps..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    esox71 likes this.