1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Bmw m4 talk - critizism and opinions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Haxin, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

This is probably because the sensation of speed. In real life a street car on a racetrack you really only feel the sensation of speed through the turns. On straight aways most street cars like an m3 are just going to kind of get swallowed up by the width of the road and the fact that there is nothing near by you to the left or right.

I am sure those of you who have done track days with your own car have experienced this many times just like I have.

Still I think on the right track in AC the m4 is a great vehicle... in fact it is one of my favorites. Magione is one of my favorite tracks for street cars and the m4 is great fun there to oversteer, drift a bit and generally enjoy the dynamics. To really enjoy it you need to load the suspension through the turns and get the tire working right at and or just over the limit. Driving that way with this car is a beautiful thing.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

Kristaps and Mogster like this.
  2. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

In the Nordschleife with semi slick is also quite fun and demanding to drive in the Pflanzgarten - Bellof S with those high speed heavy weight transfers.
    If I may give an hint, in general it's a car to drive clinically to have decent lap times, better to point early apex at corner entry, even sacrifing braking a little, and keep there until you can dash the car full throttle at corner exit, I found that late apex do not pay with this car.

3. Ctrl + T, T, T, T Till Traction Control is 0, nada, null, nullo, nill, zero, off, Nolla!
    ...have fun!

D1visor and sarabwt like this.
  4. Berry

Berry Alien

The only criticism I have about this car is that it doesn't sound good enough, but then, good enough would probably be an NA-screaming L6, so yeah...
    Perfectly fine if you ask me, it likes to slide, its turn in and chassis control is magnificent and the traction is very good, plus the engine is quite torquey and satisfying.You're saying it doesn't feel fast, and I agree with you, but most cars in AC feel slow, I'd argue that a 100km/h ride in an Opel Corsa feels faster than a LaFerrari in AC :).
    By the way, something I find really special in this car...the brake feel, it's a bit soft, and civilized when you don't apply much pressure, and you can drive it sensibly, doesn't dive, or anything, but then you go past the "sensible" brake threshold, and they just claw into the road and stop right away, biggest advantage over the E92 M3 imho, they stop incredibly well when pushed hard, but they have a weird twist to them.

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

One of my most driven cars. All the M-series cars are. As if made with just my desires on mind.

Mogster, Traind and Mr.Mugel like this.
  6. So I was just about to open a new thread when I found this. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the M4 is too slow for what it is.

Also, ingame it says it has 406 Nm of torque (but 425 hp form a turbocharged engine), which is too little. It has 550 in real life, making less torkwes than power from a turbocharged engine is impossible in the 21st century lol. The torque curve ingame seems to be wrong, too.

Also, does the Akrapovic have more power? It should have a little, as their website states.

And I so desperatly want an S1 version of this, basically an M4 with coilovers and a tune up to 500 hp and 650 Nm or similar.

myimac likes this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's all relative. Drive the Abarth 595 for an hour or so, then driving the M4 will feel as if Stefano's added time compression...

About the sounds, that's just modern mass market road cars. We need a window open option :)

arthur666 likes this.
  8. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I find the car pretty boring in real life too. Too big/heavy makes for boring cars regardless of power output.

Michael Springer and Berry like this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's a do everything cruiser, a GT not a sports car.

I enjoy driving the 1M in AC it's one of my go to cars in the sim. I even considered buying the M235i in rl on the basis of enjoying driving ACs 1M.

arthur666 likes this.
  10. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

The M4 is rated at 406 pounds-feet of torque.... Not nm.

LeDude83 and mESCx like this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yep. And therefore, it is correct. These two values are equivalent.

12. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

One of my favorite cars in game, just got even more awesome with 1.5. My two cents.

13. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

it feel a lot more planted and prone to entry understeer compared to the e92, but at the end is faster, at least it was with pre 1.5

14. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Happy to be corrected but I think Nm is equal to about 0.75 pound-foot

15. Fabioc8

Fabioc8 Racer

I'm sure it is just a mistake in the UI writing. The car quite surely has the correct amount of torque.

16. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

What were you driving beforehand? I find that my impressions of cars, even the exact same one, can vary quite dramatically based on what I was driving beforehand.

For example, if I go from doing 20 laps in a FIAT Abarth to the BMW M4, the M4 feels great by comparison. But if I'm going from doing 20 laps in a Ferrari 458 to the BMW M4, it feels useless and lazy.

Of course it also depends on what type of car you find 'exciting'. Some people love muscle cars and their lairy, wild handling. Some people love GT racers that are easy to drive, but difficult to master. Some people love high downforce open wheelers that are just frenzied and test your limits of commitment. And so on. I honestly dont feel there's a massive difference between the E92 M3 and the M4, personally. They feel like they're both a very similar 'type' of car. M3 definitely is a bit snappier in terms of oversteer, but not to any huge degree. They both weigh a similar amount with a similar amount of power and general handling style. So I'm surprised that you find one exciting and not the other. But your tastes may simply be that refined/specific.

Mogster likes this.
  17. The BMW M4 is, ooh.......roughly a million times more interesting to drive for me than the Gallardo S3.

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That's the great thing about AC. Something for everyone.

arthur666 and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. It it's lb ft that's okay - just should be corrected in the UI and the graph.

20. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Having not driven the M4 for some time, I had some races in the Akrapovic version last night versus the new Corvette both on streets at Mugello. Wow! Feels much better than I remember :) And some amazing close battles!

The vette has the edge on the straights but the M4 has an advantage under braking and in the twisty sections. The M4 definitely is not on rails for me btw when TC is off :D