1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Booking issues...anyone else getting dropped fields?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Jul 9, 2014.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

For the past two weeks, every race I've entered, no matter the open server, no matter the no. of members, behaves in a very strange way: most of the cars and their drivers either don't load, or they leave the race before it has loaded.

My question to other members here is this: are people treating the open servers like private ones, dumping out when other members who they don't know join, or is there a booking issue?

The only time I've experienced this is in the open servers...I assume open means anyone can race. Honestly, I've quit playing MP entirely due to this, frustrating to not be able to race anyone online.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Maurizio Gilles Jr likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can't Request Booking, GUID entered on the Server Apr 28, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Reverse grid not working with booking May 29, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Booking mode changes in 1.12 - should use player names in the entry list Feb 21, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues BOOKING MODE IS DEPRECATED ? - impact leagues Feb 18, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Closed league qestions: booking vs. selectable cars Nov 16, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues lack of booking servers. Jul 19, 2016
    Suggestions Result session for booking free servers Oct 15, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can't skip race session in booking mode Sep 26, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Booking time max 30 minutes Aug 14, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server go to booking mode when put "non booking" Aug 1, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can't request booking and practice in other server Feb 18, 2015
    Suggestions Request booking and practice in other server Feb 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Has everyone's opinions on the booking system reversed? Feb 12, 2015
    Suggestions Request - select skins after select the car on no-booking servers Dec 27, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Booking mode servers change request. Oct 24, 2014

3. Horus

Horus Alien

@F430_458_F12 I am on most nights and don't have this issue. I leave servers that have multiple pre-booked slots taken with very few people racing, like last night one had 15 guys showing waiting for a race and when I joined there were only four of us actually racing. That has to be sorted with a colour change for pre-booked racers as it is highly annoying after you wait five minutes for there to be hardly anyone online.

So it must be something wrong your end bud, try a verify game cache, etc etc etc.

Hope you get it sorted soon. :)

F430_458_F12, Deatroy, alex72 and 2 others like this.
  4. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

That's annoying indeed.
    I usually search for a full server in race status... wait till the race ends and then try to get in that server.
    Or alternatively I wait for a server I've raced already and I know there's no prebooked inside.
    Given this, there are really few people racing open servers these days.
    I think all this is scattering and dividing AC community, or at least not helping casual online gamers to meet each others.

I'm a good and fair driver, but a casual online gamer due to my real life affairs and I find it difficult to find a place to race.
    Always come in whealtysoup server (but only gt3 there and I'm tyred) and theautomotive[....]
    not many others alternatives for now.

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah indeed. Pre-booked need a color or prefix (or what you call it - tag) to their name. However, there is a bigger issue here when it comes to public racing and pre-books, and that is that no matter how you twist and turn this system you will never know if a pre-booked is actually on the server before the booking time ends. You can have a tag/color for pre-books (would be nice), but it doesnt tell us if they are actually there. They might be! Or not... :confused: Even when the server starts you see them as "white" (like they are there), but since their cars are actually in the server due to pre-book it always looks like they are there - and its now after booking time so it doesnt matter to you since you cant get in now.

So the only way i see public servers working better in this case (seeing who is actually there) it needs to change completely. Re-write of the MP system in some way. Im sure Kunos is working on this though.

Pre-booked in itself is great of course for locked/league etc servers. Only wish of course it was more liberal regarding choice of car/skin, but nvm. Lots of things ive noticed over the past month that i will write up on soon.

To the actual OT problem, im not really sure how you mean, that it looks like people are there and then they are gone? That happens a lot yes. I host often and i see people come in and then when we are in they are gone. Cars just sit there in the pit and ping is either "0" (gone) or actually have ping (they are there). Makes me paranoid sometimes and wondering if they are doing something naughty (please delete cars after a certain time Kunos. Allow some time so people can go to options etc and back, but after 10 minutes or so delete the cars for better performance ((or as an option with deletion time)).

And i also see it when going on pub servers sometimes yes. Often its pre-books though. Dont know how many times you go onto a server that looks great and then its 80% pre-books that is not there. But i understand them too. Its a big headache being a organizer for races that are spontanious. You have no idea how often i have to exit the server program and restart it to get maybe 10 guys in spontaniously. PMing people saying we gonna race and then always some minor issues like a missing track or some pc issue happening etc, and you dont want to set the booking to 1h. :D So you set it as low as you can (hope will be ok) so you can race as fast as possible.

Im forsee MP updates on the horizon. At least i hope so to make it a smoother and simpler experience (less hassle is what i mean), still with the options we need (force this/that etc).

6. Horus

Horus Alien

It matters little to me if the colour only depicts that the driver is prebooked, as usually I have found all servers with prebooked racers are the one where they are just sat in the pits. So a colour/tag would warn you that you might be all alone. Then you can take your chances and hope for the best or go somewhere else. :)

7. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

i avoid all italian server since these server are annoying.
    For now Wealthysoup i join only as i like GT3 much. All Player join and stay mostly.
    For public there isnt much to choose from.
    Will go for leagues anyway.

8. Horus

Horus Alien

ALOOG are good and they have the servers I like, good clean racing with a multitude of classes. When I have had a beer or two and want to drive some 'normal' cars, is the time I look about for open servers to just play about and see what other racers are like. I don't mind what I drive but sometimes it's nice to sit in a family saloon and go for a Sunday drive. :p

9. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Thanks, all. That was my thinking, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't only my system or some bug.