1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

exactly

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Spa 2019 BOP (which is also valid for IGTC races)

GRFOCO likes this.
  3. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Thanks.

4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

How come the nsx is so much faster on the non Blancpain tracks if it is the same bop?

5. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

it's only the Spa BoP which is the same between ICGT and Blancpain 2019. the rest is a completely different one

6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Ah ok. Thnx for the clarification!

7. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

So Bathurst, Kyalami, Laguna Seca and Suzuka are located in other track categories and not in category A, B, C or D like the european tracks?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  8. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

it's a completely different championship, so, I think it's not even in one if these categories

9. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

AFAIK all SRO championships (like GTWC Europe, GTWC Asia, GTWC America, British GT, IGTC) are using the "same" BoP which means that all circuits which are used in these championships are placed in different categories according to their characteristics and for example all category A tracks are using the same BoP, all category B tracks aswell and so on?

10. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

that may be true. but that doesn't really explains why the NSX is a missile, then :D

Tim Meuris and nfsw55 like this.
  11. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Indeed, that's why I was wondering if maybe the IGTC tracks (apart from Spa) are in a different category which is not used in Europe?

12. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

apart that, even if it's an SRO championship, the IGTC is a completely different championship(including the GT4s), I know as much as you ;)

13. Cucumber_86

Cucumber_86 Gamer

Yes you are correct. This is a passage from the Sporting Regulations of the 2019 Blancpain GT World Challenge America

"
    The SRO Technical Board will distribute the various circuits used by the Series into at least four groups, each with a specific Balance of Performance.
    A: High speed lower downforce
    B: High speed medium downforce
    C: Mid speed higher downforce
    D: Low speed medium downforce
    "

Also there is a H group for high altitude circuits which was used at Kyalami.
    Suzuka uses B in Blancpain Asia but I'm not 100% sure if they would use that for the 10 hours.
    I assume Bathurst would be B and Laguna Seca D but there is little to no available information as BOP is a very concealed topic.

Eduardo AuKiss, Tim Meuris and nfsw55 like this.
  14. Borbor

Borbor Racer

The entire season last year I've never seen a sro bop bulletin where I had to change my restrictor size.

Every bop change was on weight.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Coanda likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

The average weight in ACC for the NSX for 2019 is 1399 kg. The NSX at Bathurst is 1370 kg.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  16. Aristotelis

Although the SRO defines 4+1 specific BOP groups for tracks, updates do happen. For example, the BOP B group in 2018 as well 2019, had 3 updates moving from circuit to circuit. Paul Ricard, Spa and Barcelona, all BOP B tracks, each had various updates in the BOP values for various cars.

Not all cars are always getting updated. Also as a trend we see many updates on turbo cars boost pressure (I guess easier to handle) and much less on NA cars.

IGTC 2019 challenge tracks in particular had substantial BOP changes on some specific cars, moving from track to track

... and yes I hate my job sometimes LOL

17. david m

david m Racer

The work done in the different BOP's per car and track in ACC is fabulous and stunning. I can't imagine how many hours and efforts have gone into this by devs to lograte what we have.

anyway, we will always see people complaining and saying about what is good or not and blabla...

but the true is that every car in ACC have his spirit and his particularities in driving it, and his strengts and weaknesses .
    But at the end, after you use all cars in different conditions(temperatures,different fuel loads, tyre degradation, wet and dry,races distances) you can see that everything is studied and tested .
    And here we are with a fantastic BOP that give us players the opportunity to drive any GT3 we want with the maxium similarities to the RL.

Mach77 likes this.
  18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

so of all the cars have different bop according to year selected in-game
    does that mean for one car let say nissan gtr there may be a better "version" or in specific year it has better bop ?

19. Aristotelis

Yes, as we said before, each car has different BOP for each different circuit and each different year as well as each different circuit of IGTChallenge.
    That's why we insist that not only there is no real best of all car, but each car can be faster or slower moving from circuit to circuit, year to year.
    At the end of a championship, at least 11 or 12 car can equally win the championship. Yes there are some slower cars like the REX, the first NSX, the old Bentley, the old Nissan GTR and Porsche and possibly the Jaguar... but all the others, they can win.

Dookie, ignission and SimGuy_1 like this.
  20. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Thanks for the info,will have to see which year has better BoP on my favourite cars then.