1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. iker17

iker17 Gamer

Come on! Still waiting

2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I do enjoy the Lambo quite a bit.
    I do like the sharpness and stiffness of the Lambo compared to others. It’s a bit naughty over kerbs, which forces to either not use them or, if want to make use of them (which I do) knowing that there is a fine line to step on them, of which there isn't much to run from.

The 488 is the one I find more manageable. It accepts more driving options than the Lambo and from the 4 it's the one I enjoy the most on how it allows to attack the corners knowing its (much) more compliant with kerbs than the Lambo.

I find the BMW and the Bentley I little to the heavy side, relying more on power than on chassis, without the driving lightness of the Italians, that I prefer, so this two are the ones I use less.
    However, from what I see online with other players, both the BMW and Bentley are pretty fast. They may lose for the 488 and Lambo in slow and tight sections but they are quite fast when it comes to acceleration and fast corners.

Overall I tend to use more the Lambo but I'm still not certain if I like it more than the 488. Up until now I'm still enjoying more how the Lambo settles on brake and turn in - sharp, precise - than the 488, which is a tiny bit looser. The Lambo is yet more to my liking as a race car - tighter, stiffer, less forgiving - than the 488, closer, with the obvious differences in the present context, to a road car

Fernandito likes this.
  3. Ferrari has a tremendous power understeer with default setup. Once fixed that, it becames very quick at Hungaroring.

4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

5. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

IT'S OUT

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

After some hot laps here are my thoughts:

FFB has changed a bit:
    -I was running 540 degrees rotation, now I'm running 900 degrees (only tested in Jag). 900 now feels like it should. Before, it took too much of a rotation...maybe a direct drive wheel thing. Not sure
    -Car feels a bit better mid-turn to me with more weight transfer, but the front end under braking is now really light. Doesn't look like i'm locking up, but it doesn't feel right. Going into the hairpin, its pretty much non-existant FFB on the brakes.
    -ABS doesn't engage or provide as much FFB as it used to. I used to be able to lock it up and feel the chatter in the wheel. Now, I only get that with settings of 8+ in the Jag...maybe car specific?

Graphics wise, I don't see any improvement. Still ghosting in replays on anything but epic. Zolder is clearly pretty hard on graphics and although i'm down a few frames it isn't terrible.

Sound is good on the Jag, but the sound off the wall on the main straight is amazing. I wish the car had more of that sound and less of the huracan-ish sound it has now. The Jag doesn't convey that low rumble like I wish it would.

Track looks amazing and is well detailed. Car looks very good as well.

th3o and Son like this.
  9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

my first impressions of the build are:
    - new track ( nice)
    - new car ( nice)

not much else.

10. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, there is a particular frequency in the samples that remember the Lambo, anyway a new improved sound bank will come in the usual hotfix (maybe tomorrow already).

11. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Usual hotfix …. , this makes me laugh.
    I am glad I am not the only one who has to push hotfixes after a major release :)

sissydriver likes this.
  12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

The rubbered in driving line looks a bit off through some corners on Zolder, like it has clear edges that look somewhat unnatural

Freddie Seng likes this.
  13. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Just jumped in and did a few hotlaps. Jaguar feels somewhere between BMW and Lamborghini when it comes to rotation speed and twitchiness. It's not as planted as BMW but also not as inclined to turn as Lambo. Speaking about which - Jaguar sounds a lot like it. If I didn't see the cockpit I could be fooled into thinking that it's a Lambo. External sounds during replays are awesome though - the popping is erection-inducing.

Zolder is nice, I've always loved it and being able to drive a laser-scanned version is enjoyable. The kerbs on the 90 degree left/right chicane after the back straight are nothing but launch pads. You have to be so careful through them. Have to get used to that after R3R.

Leaderboards don't work again, no times are showing during hotlaps and nothing gets recorded after you finish a lap so don't bother trying.

All in all, obviously a good step forward but reading the changelog I have a slight disappointment as it seems most of the changes have been TC and ABS related and not so much about the actual obvious (glaring) bugs that people have reported on the forums. I might be wrong as I only played it for 20 minutes but I don't see many visual changes if any at all.

14. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I’m discovering the Zolder in this release...
    Damn this track is harsh, I went offtrack in the first corner, the again in the last ones...
    It took me several laps to learn the track and the car, and I finally did a score :D
    The leaderboard works great, it’s just I’m too slow for now

15. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Who does'nt? Hotfixes are integral part of a major release, does not matter what you develop :D

16. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

What a track! So demanding, so satisfying!

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The track, visually is very nicely done, I like it. Compared to other sims I knew it from, this version is surprisingly harsh to ride, and even more so in the Jag who really is no friend of its kerbs: I flew three times high into the air so far, and even if I am not the most competent driver in the world - that I make cars fly in race sims, happens just every couple of years. Its a rough track, no doubt. - Track: well done, passed with flying colours.

The Jaguar, well, as much as I liked all the earlier cars, especially the Lambo many people seem to complain about, as much I have so far a frosty relation to the Jaguar, it feels heavy, understeering, and I find it extremely difficult to make it turn, the brakes also are not my taste. Agility is not the word to look out for when describing the Jaguar's driving behaviour, me thinks. Honestly said, I think it drives like a brick on (locked) five wheels. I prefer the other four cars there are so far, and prefer them very much. Visually and regarding sound and the cockpit, the car is superbly done as always with Kunos cars however, I will not say a single bad word on the visual modelling and the cockpit immersion. Its just that this is a car whose driving does not meet my taste - or skill.

Will see the AI tomorrow.

19. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

At least this further supports how well Kunos are doing with GT3. Many people seemed to complain at first how it would all feel the same as GT3 cars are no different, yet here we are again, now with the Jaguar, a completely different beat to any of the other cars.

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Yep....I am not loving the Jag but will try to tame it with my limited set up skills....easy to see why not many teams choose to run it in the series!

Zolder looks good but not a track I’ve done may miles on so plenty to learn here as well.....keep it up Kunos #loveacc

Son likes this.