1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

v0.5.2 Changelog

- Jaguar collider fixed with soft collisions
    - Minor updates to Zolder
    - Fixed wrong sound played in UI when Zolder is selected
    - Fixed look left/right with chase camera when Lock to Horizon is enabled
    - Fixed camera pitch change when Lock to Horizon is enabled
    - Enabled look left/right with dash and bonnet cameras
    - Fixed look back input using a controller binding

Kopiller and After_Midnight like this.
  2. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Wow look left/right in dashcam & look back, now gimme savegame and I will be very happy!

anthony galmiche likes this.
  3. trutya

trutya Simracer

so looking back now works without pressing left/right at the same time? so i can add a different button for it?

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I would suggest going back to the BMW and Bentley in build 5 if you haven't.

5. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

What do you mean by that? What should we be looking for?

6. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

"lot of character, feels very very live compared to the numb" is something that applies to all 0.5 cars vs before. It's not a Jaguar vs other cars thing.

sissydriver likes this.
  7. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

That sounds great. I will try both of them again.

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Interesting comment, I have been exclusively lapping and racing with the Jag at Zolder, thinking that I particularely like that Jag, my previous favorite being the Lambo. My next step was to drive the Jag somewhere else, but now I will try the Lambo ar Zolder.:D

9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Since build 0.5 I've been trying to drive the 'bigger' cars more (having found my preference has been with the Lambo and Ferrari). Not loving the Jag much... we just don't get on, but I'm now really enjoying the BMW and Bentley a lot more.

10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

After trying the Jaguar, which is very much "alive" (and sounds awesome) I went back to the Lambo and.. maybe placebo? but I like it more now, it feels like a light, tight and very capable car. Then I jumped back into the Ferrari and hmm not so fun to drive, as before. Am I going crazy or the Ferrari is the only one that hasn't changed with 0.5?

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Me too... Each corner I tell myself « OK, brake early, don’t forget you are dragging a trailer »
    I think the Jag is not intended to run on a tight track like Zolder, this car is made for fast tracks like PR or Nurburgring.
    I did Zolder with the Ferrari, it suddenly became a pleasure to drive the track

12. trutya

trutya Simracer

you can play with the Jag's setup and you can have a balance between agressive and safe.. but still fast enough.
    (the front runners on hotlap mode, how did they do 1:27s at Zolder, i don't understand...)
    it looks a good midfield car, not a best one but still solid, if you manage not to lose it :)
    for example at Misano i learned to use the 1st gear more, 2nd is so long out of slow corners. but i can make good laptimes as i can find the rhythym. and in straight line it's really quick :)

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

So the kerb collisions for the chicanes seem realistic to me, considering real life evidence... this though is where I'd also argue that it doesn't look like realistic behaviour (v0.5.2 offline race, me in the Jaguar)

Karsten Beoulve and mESCx like this.
  14. Speedyx56

Speedyx56 Gamer

Getting the track right easily gets one a :28, getting a :27 requires a bit of luck and to also ride the kerbs just the right way so as to not upset the car while keeping inside track limits. (which are quite loose compared to the real limits at the second chicane :D)
    Last time I checked today I was still 6th on the leaderboards but failed to record that particular lap so I only have an :28.179 on Youtube but it shows pretty well how much time I lose by messing up or by not riding the kerbs hard enough.

Arlo, Echo_29 and tjr like this.
  15. I drove the combo couple of hours few days back and was running consistent high 28's with nearly default setup. Just brake early, use all the track and release the brakes gently. You don't need to cut the tricky first chicane at all to be fairly competitive. It is actually surprisingly agile car when driven correctly.

16. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Impressive.

Speedyx56 likes this.
  17. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Can you tell me how you record your VR driving? Mine is always shaky as hell...

18. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I just finished a race and had a very similar thought regarding a couple other kerbs, e.g. the last left/right hander. If you hit them directly they launch the car up in the air, which seems a bit unrealistic. At the same time, you could be 10cm to either side and it doesn't even affect your car. There's something fishy about them kerbs...

19. Speedyx56

Speedyx56 Gamer

I just record the mirror on my monitor through Shadowplay. Might be you move around more than me or that the 21:9 ratio makes it seem less shaky on my end; other than that no idea what the difference could be.

20. What kind of rig you have and is your sensor(s) fixed to it?