1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

As Trutya said earlier, a good compromise for most hardware may be to have say a 60 car grid with only 20 cars visible. Sadly there is no way of really testing the validity of this ATM.

EDIT: Actually, this could be tested to a degree. Run the warm up lap first with a grid of 20, then a grid of 20 with only say 5 visible, then a grid of only 5 and measure the effect on hardware. Has this been attempted yet (I tend not to get involved with the benchmarking threads)?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Son likes this.
  2. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Rendering cars has much greater effect on FPS than physics and AI. Also, the rendering appears to have next to no optimisation regarding whether the other cars are actually visible...

Echo_29, LeDude83, tjr and 1 other person like this.
  3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

So that backs up the theory somewhat then right? Large grids are plausible as long as the visibility (in settings rather than simply not in the FOV) of the opponent cars is limited to a manageable number?

4. Thanks for all the input fellas! I'm just thinking GTR2 on the top of my head. Like 60 cars grid on any track - DONE.

5. trutya

trutya Simracer

yeah, GTR2... i know it's not perfect, but still the most complete sim in my opinion. it has everything what was achievable in 2005

Freddie Seng and GRFOCO like this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Gtr2 = God
    No discussions about it.

sps_for_race likes this.
  7. Am I allowed to say that I never liked GTR2..? I played all the other sims from the era but never quite understood why I should've been interested about GTR2.

I'm sorry if your world just collapsed. :p

St3fan likes this.
  8. trutya

trutya Simracer

my world doesn't collapse because you think otherwise ;)
    neither of the sims of that era was so complete. lots of contents, starting from driving lessons, custom championships, real championships, day-night cycles, changeable weather what you could also script too, loads of good quality mods and tracks, and you could customize almost everything in the files starting from AI capabilities through car modding and SC speed and activity until even that what can you see in the rear view mirror.
    i know it's not perfect, AI was sometimes dumb and SC worked not properly, but at that time, there was no better sim. i admit there was better looking/sounding games with nicer UI but neither of them was so complete.

sps_for_race likes this.
  9. To be clear I was joking hence the :p.
    Isn't it one of those unallowed opinions anyway? :)

There's of course slight piece of truth in it. I think the game was pretty bad. If a game is so called "complete" it most likely means also that it's 'master of none'. I don't need complete gaming experiences. I need enjoyable driving experiences. :)

St3fan and martcerv like this.