1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

^^^^This

People seem to forget this pretty often..

Game starts with video telling you you are in early acces.
    If impatient people click trough it. You get to the another WARNING with roadmap avilable. And after all that if people still come to damn forums and cry how game is broken i dont really get it..what is the point..

Even comming to forums and saying how they dont play the game or tuch the game till 1.0 we dont care..developers dont care. Just do it...dont play the game if you dont want to... come back at 1.0 and then play and if you dont like it then talk crap does not work this does not work...and there is no 2019 in 1.0....:D

Tim Meuris, LeDude83 and Novotny like this.
  2. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

0.5 “release “enhanced multiplayer” must be a leap forward for multiplayer... although at the moment 0.4.2. is not even basic multiplayer :(
    (Cars spawning,falling from sky,race positions do not match at the end,nobody knows too much about pit stop except what some users publish in this forum,etc),,far from enhanced multiplayer yet..ok,normal for EA many will say.

Other issues expected to be improved in 0.5 are VR ,which is not going well either,for many problems,I am not going to repeat ,.
    And many many bugs,in others aspects of the game,(all reported already),which may be considered normal in Early Stage,,,as pointed out here,,all other issues rather than MP can be accepted I guess ...

But ,,MP is the key,,,and if not Progressing well,,serves will be emptied,and players will be gone...(
    That is why I think this 0.5 release is the most important of all,,leaving other issues
    Such as Vr in the trash bin with no improvements Expected with UE.as it is just an issue for a minority of the players.

But MP.../rating to make use of the matchmaking/racing online ...is the Key...for the outcome/success of Acc.
    In a few hours we will see.,
    ,not asking for perfection simply to be able to race online withouth a car fallig from the sky, ,qualify properly and if I am 6th,start the race 6th, ,and be able to use pit stops if needed,as well as if possible to be granted with your real position at the end of the race,,I know,I am asking for too much....
    and as it says this forum “whish list” will be removed instantaneouslyni will make it clear
    It is not a which list,it is what 0.5 release says “enhanced multiplayer”..

So,as a costumer,May I ask for “enhanced multiplayer” upon release 0.5?

Hoping for the best :)
    Ready for the worse :(
    Good luck

3. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

I for one do play the game as regularly as I can, but on the other hand don't send too many reports at all unless I come to realize that I might have actually run into something worth it, rare or unique issue on an early access, in which 99% of the times I will end up finding out that it's just either an issue on my end, or something It already got reported on the forums like a thousand times in twenty minutes before I discovered it on my end, too. And nothing is wrong about that. I still am part of an early access, with a lot of the games data still landing on Kunos terminals for it to be analized like the rest.

Problem with that man is that some of you, and not necessarily pointing at you already, make of these MP issues truly a chore. They are a chore, but many keep forgetting we are dealing with a work in progress, which primary goal right now is to send as much data on kunos servers as possible for the greater good when 1.0 is released eventually.

I mean. The multiplayer will be fixed, and will work as intended in 1.0. Kunos' previous doings back this up well enough.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Novotny likes this.
  4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

The origin of all complaints is basically one: the lack of patience. We want everything now and we can't wait for tomorrow. It's unfortunately one of the main problems of this modern society in which everything is almost immediate.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

5. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

This is nothing to do with the lack of patience...rather than that with concerns regarding the scheduled roadmap deliver delivery by KunOs/505 not me. I Never asked to be delivered on the 16th January 2019 “enhanced multiplayer”,,,kunOs did.

Attached Files:

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

It has everything to do with patience, because if Kunos for whatever reason fails to comply with the predicted dates, you will need patience. Or start complaining. Just what I said.

And it also has to do with patience, because most of the complainers joined the Early Access program not because they wanted to collaborate with the developers into creating a better product, but because they could not wait until the product was finished. And then they started complaining because... well, because it was not finished, or because it did not work as they expected it should work.

LeDude83, Jebus, Freddie Seng and 4 others like this.
  7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Are you already complaining about something you expect that possibly doesn't work properly in a future EA release?

Florian Boswell and th3o like this.
  8. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Like I said.it has nothing at all to do with patience.
    Rather with concerns regarding scheduled roadmap delivery. I think or they are too tight
    Or accepting the fact that being EA..the game does not need to deliver during that
    Period at all...fine.,then when 1.0 release finally arrives...everything will be fixed..
    For me as it takes more time,,,I pretty much know by now,,that is acceptable..it is a new game,,but I expected some commitment with the roadmap at least with MP...
    Let’s see tomorrow.
    Rgds

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Didn't expected the CEO of Kunos shares his concerns with us.
    Thank you Sir.

10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

FWIW, I read 'advanced multiplayer' not 'fully functioning multiplayer' I expect more features, but not necessarily a smooth experience. But that's what you should expect with EA.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Fernandito likes this.
  11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...zione-is-out-now-in-steam-early-access.50853/

M96 likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So far the version we have is basic multiplayer and you will agree with that surely, what did the roadmap say MP would be currently? Next update has a more advanced MP so wait til you try this before you say they aren't sticking to the roadmap. :rolleyes:

13. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

What do you mean? Where did he share something? Did i miss a post?

14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Sarcasm

sps_for_race likes this.
  15. TDS

TDS Alien

Well hold your horses guys, MP maybe will be better maybe not with v0.5, but rest assured it will be much better and maybe polished with v 1.0.

The sooner the better but I'm not hoping for a perfect MP with 0.5 at all.

For 1.0 yes i hope for a awesome MP experience.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    sps_for_race likes this.
  16. There is nobody on servers in ACC... most are empty !
    For me the reason is that current multiplayer is really bad. Too much problems.
    For the moment, i can't call it basic multiplayer...
    I hope 0.5 will give us a decent multiplayer experience...
    Really excited to test it, and confident about Kunos.
    One day to discover that ! :)

17. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

1.0 => (Early_Access + (fixes From feedback where feedback != (**** || whining || -ve_comments) )

18. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

New header has arrived!

[​IMG]

ShredatorFIN, LeDude83, th3o and 6 others like this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can run a server and join a server with others and run laps, not much else works or is included so I think its pretty basic so meets current expectations for me. Sure I would have liked more but no big deal to just try what we have then wait to try it again in future builds. Kunos knows how to do mp, they are more ambitious for the final build.

It wont be easy but I think they will get to the advanced level in time and provide a good solid experience. Next build I think the basics will work much better with some advanced features added if they haven't hit major issues currently, which is always a possibility in game development. Im sure its very rare things are done easier and faster with 100% stability and a bug free experience ahead of schedule. Don't have expectations that are too high at any point of EA, save those for the retail release. I remember some guys were already planning ACC leagues even before build 0.1 which seemed a bit odd as they seemed to think the game was going to be done and they would just hold of release to let some EA people have all the fun at a lower cost before the main stream guys get wind of the new amazing title.

Its likely things will be much better mp wise next build but still highly likely to have issues, don't judge the end product based on current WIP and EA levels.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Only 1 car in image, it means MP is broken quick guys sharpen your tools. :D
    [​IMG]

Dookie, Timberwind, ZioYuri78 and 3 others like this.