1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Butt kicker Gamer 2 SimHub profile

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by DD_Friar, Apr 10, 2020.

1. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Salute
    I have just bought a BK Gamer 2 from a mate (he had to sell as his young dog did not like the vibrations).
    I have downloaded SimHub (and made a donation to get licenced).
    Is there anyone out there that can advise on an ACC profile. I have watched a few YouTube videos but would welcome some advise on best way to set up.

I believe that using my standard Realtek sound card I have 2 channels?

What are the best frequencies to have etc?

Cheers
    Friar

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Using Simvibe with a Buttkicker. High pulses when car is in garage. May 16, 2020
    Suggestions Better LFE for Buttkickers Jan 22, 2018
    Suggestions buttkicker and vr Mar 6, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues HTC Vive and Butt Kicker Mar 1, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Oculus Rift Sound Blaster z Buttkicker Assetto Corsa Nov 22, 2016
    Suggestions buttkicker issues Nov 2, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS4 & BUTTKICKER GAMER 2 Nov 1, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues AC gives random spikes to SimVibe / buttkicker Aug 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Buttkicker Gamer 2 and similar devices Jul 30, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Buttkicker Clipping May 21, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Buttkicker with ac Nov 5, 2015
    Sounds modding Butt Kicker / Bass Shaker Dec 20, 2013
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues ButtKicker still running after I press "ESC" Dec 3, 2013
    Chit Chat Room ButtKicker setting suggestion?! Nov 18, 2013
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Button "onClick" not working: solved Mar 20, 2024

3. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I started with some tactile a couple months ago.
    - This topic is much more complicated than it might seem.
    - Also, it's clear that some advise is far too complicated for the average person wanting to add some spice to their driving.

But with a Gamer 2, I don't think the secret is in the settings/profile you use. IMO, how and where you install the device itself, will be far more important. How/where are you putting it?

Then, personally I think SimHub is really great. If I were you, I'd start with:
    - gear change, is completely useless 'information', but a lot of fun to feel the punch. So I use/like that :).
    - then, I'd say the engine RPMs are fun to experiment with. Here you have to mess around and play with the settings in SimHub because you can fine tune it quite a bit (especially with the Parametric Engine settings, or whatever it's called). I have mine set so that the frequency grows with the engine RPM. But also it throws in some 'frequency noise' when the engine is under pressure (ie. trying to accelerate when at lower RPM, you get a feeling that things are under some strain/stress). Also I have it set so when the engine is idling, it's a bit rough...(likely not realistic for a race engine, but I like it and it's kinda fun..... sitting idle the chair rumbles a bit rough, but then when you give it some gas it gets more smooth)
    - after that, it's really up to you. but don't try to put too much. It just gets to be a muddy mess and completely useless.

Play around with one thing at a time. If your looking for something fun and not too serious, I'd say to experiment with these, but if you try to use all of them at same time, it might get messy and lose appeal. But you need to experiment.
    - gear change
    - RPMS
    - Parametric Engine (or whatever it's called)
    - Road Impacts (essentially bumps or things like curbs)
    - Slip (can't remember what it's called, but is the feedback you can set when wheels/tires are sliding)

Paratus, Stains and DD_Friar like this.
  4. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I have a playseat challenge. When the BK turns up I will assess the best place.
    I am thinking somewhere central but have seen a post where someone connected it to one side of the chair and said that they did notice the effects being "one-sided"

Thanks for your advice by the way.
    Salute
    Friar

5. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Yep. You'll have to do some research, and likely experiment. You also might have to fabricate something.... The fact that the Challenge has a cloth flexible seat is not going to be the best, but hard to say.
    The better the mount, the better the transmission of the effects to your body. The better that is, the more flexibility you have to play around with the different SimHub effects.

6. My settings:

Master 90
    Deceleration 67
    Engine vib 51
    Gear shift 50
    Road vib 50
    Wheel slip 85
    All else off

Buttkicker amp:
    Low cut off on
    High cut off on
    Freq 70

rikirk, Stains and DD_Friar like this.
  7. IMG_20200413_123916.jpg
    Got me interested in location. I'm only running a single buttkicker, so I moved it from below my chair to my rear speaker bracket, I know it's meant to go upright for the internal piston, but liking the feel a lot better.

8. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Your Realtek soundcard most likely will be a 7.1 or 8.1 channel, so you have several channels available.
    But first and foremost, remember to enter Realtek admin (the red speaker on your Windows task bar), choose the proper output (stereo. 4.1, 5.1...), then choose the second tab (Sound effects), and on the bottom part, choose "Graphic equalizer", and lower all freqs over 125.
    That way your shakers only work with low freqs.

Having just one unit in your rig, I would go with these effects:
    - RPM
    - Gear shifts
    - Road impacts / vibration / kerbs big enough, otherwise you may end up with this effect running all the time.

rikirk likes this.
  9. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

How do you have gear change setup in sim hub? I have a buttkicker and simhub and gear change while I can feel it in test, seems to do nothing in game.

10. Stains

Stains Simracer

What frequency do you run those at?
    Because it is several channels does this mean I could run more than one kicker with only the amp that comes with the simulation kit?

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Road Rumble (the effect that says is for Kerbs) shows a red icon that states that this effect isnt supported by this game ! ACC has such great kerb effects but without this effect working i cant get good kerb feeling through my kicker ! Has anyone found a setting that works well in ACC ?

12. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

There is another field you can use for this (as I have it set). Not at my rig at the moment but will post a screen shot of my settings later. But it does work.
    I only have 3 effects selected.
    gear change, suspension and road. Its the suspension one that reacts to the kerbs and is on the highest setting. Road noise is there but quite low.

I love the effect it has to the sim.

Stains likes this.
  13. Stains

Stains Simracer

Thaks mate , yeah please do add the screen shot so i can get the frequencies and levels . I got AMS 2 nice but ACC is not as easy to get right for me .

14. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I apologize that I missed your earlier question.
    I don't have anything special. I have the effect selected and activated in the SimHub profile. That's it. Just check after you launch the game that the profile is selected correctly.
    In fact I have the opposite issue. When I 'test' in SimHub it does not do anything. But in game, it works.

Rogue Leader likes this.
  15. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Here are my settings. I have to keep tweaking the "volume" each time I switch it on until it feels right. On some tracks I have to turn it down if the road is too "noisy".

Attached Files:

Paratus and Stains like this.
  16. Stains

Stains Simracer

I find the kerb feel to be pretty sad in AC and ACC compared to AMS2:( even Simhub shows that the kerb option isn't supported for AC/ACC! It seems these Sims don't export that through telemetry. Would Simvib be better than Simhub?

17. Stains

Stains Simracer

@pankykapus sorry for @ing you, hope your well! I really hope you can help.

Both AC and ACC have telemetry output for programs like Simhub to use and generate a signal for second screens and buttkickers, the problem for me and other users is that both Sims don't output any kerb effect data so while out wheels vibrate nicely over kerbs out kickers stay quiet :(

Other Sims really shine I think this area and I hope you can add this data to be accessible for Simhub! Is this something you are going to add? Seeing AC never got it I hope that doesn't mean ACC won't also!

Nicsos123 and Paratus like this.
  18. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The kerb information should already exist so we'll look into it for the next update.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Nicsos123, Snoeipaard, aaaape and 7 others like this.
  19. Stains

Stains Simracer

Thats so great :) If you do a quick Google you will see many others have commented about this all the way back to AC but no one seems to have asked for it to be included , You may end up with a few wedding proposals if you do get this implemented , lol , thank you mate .

Snoeipaard and pankykapus like this.
  20. naish

naish Rookie

Nice topic!

I have a bass shaker for a week now and can imagine how it was before.

Interesting to see all those settings.