1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Buttckiker, Simxperience ?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by DzelRacing, Apr 11, 2019.

1. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Hi drivers !

I have noticed tonight that something change with ACC. Bumps are gone, I have almost no effects ?! :eek::confused:
    I have only just a few thing like maybe the engine, very very soft, shy??
    I launch AC 1 or Iracing everything was fine.

Am I the only one to have such feelings? Something change since the build 0.7.2 ?

I share with you my setting:

http://postmyimage.com/img2/571_Sans_titre_1.jpg

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room SimXperience SimVibe May 22, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Simxperience simcommander issue Mar 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Assetto & simxperience motion Oct 18, 2014

3. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Not noticed any difference here.

4. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Arff, what's going on.. I feel nothing

It's possible to share yours settings ?

5. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I was disappointed at first with my tactile response with ACC in comparison to AC. I tried down loading a couple of the profiles from the Sim Experience Owners Club but didn't find anything I liked that much.

I went back to the default ACC profile in Sim Experience and then boosted the various channels up near 0 db and it is supplying plenty of tactile feedback. In fact my amps are running really hot (4 X 75 watt plate amps to four transducers mounted left and right on seat bottom and pedals) and I may have to tune it back a little). I am now happy with what I'm getting.

6. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok, thanks for the advise !

I tried something, I have deleted my old preset (It was an old one with the first build of ACC. In fact, I had duplicated the AC profil).
    I have launched the "auto-detect", I will try this tomorrow (with the official profil) and I keep in mind your feedback.

EDIT: Iracing is great for that. AC 1 was a little grainy for me, you have to add some filter to reduce some weird stuff.
    After playing to AC 1 since a long time, I must say that ACC is defintly better than AC (FFB, the behaviour of the car).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  7. something similar happens to me, I've copied the settings from AC to ACC but I'm just getting information, what I notice most is the engine and gear changes, but the kerbs and the road I hardly feel it ..

How do I load the default simxperience profile for ACC?

Thanks!

8. warth0g

warth0g Racer

That's a little worrying.. I just ordered a Buttkicker Gamer 2 today, hope it's worthwhile with ACC!

By the way, do I just use it as it comes, or does it help to use third-party software with it? Keep hearing about SimExperience but don't know if it's relevant to the Gamer 2..

9. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

If you have ordered a buttekicker, you definitely must purchase Simxperience because the effects are controled by the telemetry of the game, not just by the sound.

Ok, I'm not crazy. That's exactly what it is.
    Simply delete your profil, be sure that SimXperience is updated, and launch the "Auto Discover" button to add the official profil on your (game) list.

I haven't tried yet to see if it solves problems. ..

warth0g likes this.
  10. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I echo the comment that Sim Experience is vital in having top quality tactile feedback for your rig. It is relatively expensive software but they keep it up to date and provide good support as well as some very high quality sim racing hardware.

To make the system work you need.

1 At least 1 transducer (Butt Kicker or other low frequency transducers). You can run more than one ( I have four) to separate various elements of the feedback front and back, side to side.
    2. A separate sound card to manage the tactile low frequency signals.
    3. Low frequency audio amplifiers. Each transducer need ~75 watts of power to provide a meaningful sensation. Regular audio amplifiers are not good as they are not equipped to deliver high power at sub audio levels 75 hz and below. I use a simple plate low frequency 75 watt amplifier for EACH transducer. They run about $60-$70 each. If you plan to go four channel it makes sense to buy a high power, four channel amplifier all in one.
    4 Sim Experience software. It extracts the vibration information from the various components of the simulation engine, transmission, shock absorbers and impact with curbs and other physical objects and translates them into low frequency audio signals and feeds them through four channels of the sound card to the amps and then transducer.

This tactile information GREATLY enhance the overall experience and immersion.

Highly recommended.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

+1 for SimXperience. Feedback from just audio is really crappy, it has to come from physics.

I use only one buttkicker under the seat, and it makes a great difference in immersion. Actually not that dissimilar to real car, you feel most of the uneventies of the road through your seat IRL too. Simulating weight shift or G-forces with just buttkickers, regardless of how many you have, is IMO a bit far fetched, but for those small jolts and shakes you get a in real car, when driving straight on a highway and hit small bumps or other rough patches (especially kerbs, in racing), it works great.

Just make sure that you don't try putting too many effects into one buttkicker, otherwise it will get messy. I have gear change + engine revs + road bumps + impact. That's it. For every sim I use pretty much same effects, works well in Dirt Rally 1 and 2, AC, ACC, AMS, rFactor 2, RaceRoom, pCars 2, even F1 2018. But you'll have to adjust sensitivity and volume of each effect, based on sim. Sadly Wreckfest doesn't have support, would be great. (Even sadder, devs promised a telemetry API ages ago)

Also for OP, I've been experiencing similar loss of road effects in Automobilista. For some weird reason, SC4 loses my settings for that particular effect, and defaults into 74% sensitivity. Where as I use 98.6% for Automobilista. So I have to manually adjust it back, I've now saved my profiles again, to see if it solves the issue.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    warth0g likes this.
  12. warth0g

warth0g Racer

If I understand this right, to use physics based effects rather than simple audio based ones with my gamer 2, I’d need to buy not only the simvibe software, but a second sound card too? And an amp? That sounds like a lot!

Also, I have a Logitech usb headset for audio, I don’t have speakers - would I still need the second sound card do you think?

Appreciate the advice - I suddenly realize I’ve ordered a buttkicker without knowing very much about it :-(

13. XettMan

XettMan Gamer

Check the documentation on the simexperience homepage. There you see the different possibilities.

14. FX2K

FX2K Gamer

You don't always need a second sound card, no. i.e my onboard sound can separate outputs as up to three individual sources (front panel audio/rear panel audio/Optical)
    Depending on your setup, it can work with just one. As you say, you have a USB headset, so yes, you can use your current onboard audio.
    Personally, I have my 5.1 system output via Optical, I use my front panel for a headset and have my buttkicker through the rear output.

You should already have an amp with the buttkicker. So all you really need is either simvibe (which I use), or potentially simhub (free) which I haven't tried with ACC myself.

Atak_Kat and warth0g like this.
  15. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I confirm, it's ok now.