1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ButtKicker setting suggestion?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FatPini, Nov 18, 2013.

1. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

Hi all! Today I've recived as prize a ButtKicker Gamer 2. I instantly fired up my preferred sims: AC and iRacing. At first I give it a try with AC and with the car stopped i was clearly felling the engine RPM's under my... Butt! :eek:When i start moving i feel that the rumble was pretty much the same, i thout it wuld have been the wind noise so i put it down to 0 but that constant and repetitive rumble was present. Another thing could have been tire noise (not tire screaming but due to the moving tires, don't know how it's called in English... :oops: maybe tire rolling noise?! Anyway...) so i put it down to 0 and even now i always have those repetitive and constant rumble.

Then i fired up iRacing, i really love the corvette sound and that is one of my favorite rad car. When i pressed the race button i felt like beeing really inside that car, i was able to feel the noise, even if i ws using just the sound and not SimVibe to fell the vibration. Due to his relative low RPM engine, going out of some slow corner was really a blast :)

Would be great to have such a feeling here in Assetto Corsa! Because i'm really new to The ButtKicker (less then 10 Hrs owner) it would be great if someone much more experienced would be able to suggest some settings to better feel all those beautiful cars! The most rewarding by now is the Z4, maybe because it's a "all-time-screamer" V8?! :p:D

Ciao!
    Ignazio

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Using Simvibe with a Buttkicker. High pulses when car is in garage. May 16, 2020
    Suggestions Better LFE for Buttkickers Jan 22, 2018
    Suggestions buttkicker and vr Mar 6, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Oculus Rift Sound Blaster z Buttkicker Assetto Corsa Nov 22, 2016
    Suggestions buttkicker issues Nov 2, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS4 & BUTTKICKER GAMER 2 Nov 1, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues AC gives random spikes to SimVibe / buttkicker Aug 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Buttkicker Gamer 2 and similar devices Jul 30, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Buttkicker Clipping May 21, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Buttkicker with ac Nov 5, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues ButtKicker still running after I press "ESC" Dec 3, 2013
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track grip settings Mar 4, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI Skill resetting to 100% when loading a saved game Feb 21, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024

3. 88qba88

88qba88 Gamer

Hey,

first of all, I recommend Simvibe :) It works with AC well enough even now, when it's not fully compatibile. It works with "road texture" and engine RPM's.

I also used my buttkickers with audio output, but i have 4 of those in every corner of my rig. The important question is how do you connect your buttkicker to your PC. I mean, if you use 5.1 audio output you have 3 cables (1-front speakers, 1-rear spekers and 1-central and soobwoofer). You can also use Stereo output (1 cable) or other options.
    I used front and rear signal cables to provide signal to my transducers. It worked OK for me in AC TP and AC EA, better in nKPro, no constant rumble at all.

4. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

First of all, thanks for taking the time to answer me. Second, yes, i forgot to mention how do I connect my ButtKicker :) I use the on-board sound card of my MB and i use it in stereo mode (I have a cheap 2.1 system) and usually i play racing sim with my Virtual surround Headset (Corsair Vengeance 1500). To use the BK i have to use my external audio (without SimVibe) and i just use the splitter that came with the BK to split the signal out of the green exit (common stereo exit).
    I know SimVibe is the way to go, but right now i can't afford it :) Just bought AC plus the renew of my iRacing membership (thanks Black Friday! xD) and i found a good deal on a CSP V1 with brake mod used, so i'm done with my sim racing outgoings till at least Christmas.
    As for the constant rumble i feel, if i'm not moving ,as I said, i really feel the engine, but then when moving this vibration got all mixed up with tires rolling noise, wind noise... the deal will be to put them to 0 but if i gain immersion on one side i'm going to loose it on the other side...

5. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

The forum didn't let me Edit that message. I had to add this
    "As for the constant rumble i feel i didn't explained myself. It's not a constant vibration but i feel a loop of sound, like sinusoidal movement (constant growing and decreasing of vibration)"

6. 88qba88

88qba88 Gamer

Sorry, but I can't replicate this and I don't have this issue. You say everything works fine in iRacing so it's probably not a hardware issue (my friend had some electricity coming from his graphic card on his PC that gave strange effects when using transducers, we couldn't hear it on speakers, only the transducers were moving). Splitting sterego signal from green exit should work fine. You can also check your soundcard properties - you can have some effect on that can give this strange signal. And make sure you use "stereo/2 speakers" setting in Windows sound-control panel.

7. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

In my house, the grounding sends some terrible constant feedback through my amp to my transducers. I solved this (however unsafe) by cutting off the ground pin from my power cord. Although I do not recommend this as a permanent fix, it may help you isolate feedback to it's source (power or signal).

8. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

Thanks for the replay idhl_ but with the new sound tweak with the 0.2 version now sound it's much more clear, even if I still prefer how iRacing handle the low frequencies sounds to get a much more fidelity rumble accordingly to RPMs and kerbs. But again, I think I must go with some vibe at some point, because it should be much better :)