1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Buttonlayout, Wheel-Selection

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by George Bavaria, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Beside the problem to find enough buttons for upcoming kers - and hybridcars the button layout are not practible.
    First you can select on the xbox only two button layouts for all supported wheels.
    second the layout you can select are not good. is it so hard to make a free button selection? The options are maybe enough for an aracde racing game but not for a sim like assetto corsa.

i know that the wheel hardware makes it not easier.

but why you can select on ps4 between different wheels? if the reason is restrictions from microsoft they can be sure that i didn´t buy there project scorpio.
    I know it´s not all your fault. And i hope you´ll find very soon a solution. at the moment it feels not good to must drive with this layout.
    i know from rpgs that´s possible to give buttons double functions. they use one button as shift button.

Horus likes this.
  2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

it must be a licence thing because the g29 on p/s has more buttons on it than the g920 on Xbox and there the same wheel.
    On p cars on Xbox you get a choose of all the features available to customise on PC and it's up to you to decide which ones you want and where, not perfect but it works. How A/c are going to get round this for the f1 cars on red pack who knows, but as it stands we haven't got enough buttons. version 1.09 also has brake bias the d pad up and down broken. Not sure why we need a button for head lights, also look left and right has disappeared.

3. I mean the game is 4,5 months released and the basic button settings are far away from perfect. I mean hey you must see that people are unhappy with that solutions and the two settings, which by far not enough, on wheel didn't work.
    It's really hard to understand that. Even when you are a small team, such things must work from the start.
    I have wroted 3 months ago to the support that the button layout is not good. Now there's a button for abs. Who needs that. On pre race screen you can select if you want to drive with abs. On a wheel which hasn't enough buttons is an abs button ridiculous.

I would like to buy the season pass on tuesday. But this and some other things hold me back. Because I'm unsure how you guys will fix the issue with the hybrid cars, when you can't make a function layout for the existing cars.
    It hurts to criticise you guys after the 1.09 update, but such things must be very soon fixed if you're interested that people play the game on xbox. With such things you destroy your own hard work. It's really great that you have improved the console version, but please find a acceptable solution for all supported wheel. Mainly for logitech, thrustmaster and fanatec.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. it has nothing to do with microsoft... xbox will be getting keyboard support so it could be possible to use that along with a wheel for the less important settings. There is also nothing to stop Thrustmaster, logitec and fanatec from making a licenced button box for console users to use along with the wheel. They already have the licencing in place but they need to know there is a market for it

5. Such a simple usb based button box should not cost that much. Simple usb keyboard support should be enough for the first time. So far as I know ms didn't support two input devices ingame. You can see it when you try in pcars :(

6. At the moment Xbox doesn't support keyboard and mouse but it will get support soon in the future. Once it arrives I don't see why you wouldn't be able to support it in game, as I said there is nothing stopping the wheel manufacturers from releasing a product that works alongside their wheel for the extra buttons required especially since they are licensed to make peripherals for the consoles. There is no reason they can't release a product that works on PC & Xbox especially since Xbox is a Windows 10 device. my guess is wheel manufacturers don't think it's much of an issue

7. I would be helpful when you can use the 2 buttons on the g920 on xbox. There not supported on xbox but on pc. So whe would have two buttons more.
    And it's ridiculous that microsoft didn't support keyboard ingame 3 years after launch and one year after switch to windows10. Assetto Corsa is not the first game that needs more buttons that a wheel have.

8. To be honest not many console players would use a keyboard so it would be low on priorities compared to other things. That's one of the things Microsoft have been good at is listening to what people really want and adding them when they are ready

9. Explosivo

Explosivo Gamer

The best thing really would be just a free button layout, chosen by the user himself. I've seen other Xbox Titles allowing that, AC on PC uses it too, so why the Xbox version is not getting it? I just don't understand... current layout is useless. No option to look back or to the sides, no real variety with only two similar layouts.

Gurkensepp likes this.
  10. Benjo10

Benjo10 Rookie

hi guys

Any solution to use the h shifter as handbrake yet?

Tnx