1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Buy-Recommendation between Logitech/TM

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by barkx_, Nov 26, 2016.

1. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Hey drivers,

i finally decided that i'm going to buy a wheel. But I'm not sure which one?

Back in the days I drove a lot rFactor, GTR2 and Race07 with my Logitech Driving Force GT and I was always fine of it.

Firstly I thought i'm going to buy the G29 because i read about problems with the Thrustmasters in AC on PS4, but then I saw that the Forcefeedback in AC with the G29 should be to soft.

Now thats the point. I drove about 10 years in real Racing with open wheelers and Touring Cars/GT and i want to have a STRONG but also SENSITIVE Force Feedback. I don't care about a Clutch Pedal or handshifters. The wheel should feel realistic and run longruns fine.

I like the shifting lights and buttons on G29 but in the end I just want a solid wheel without many technical Problems and a strong force feedback.

Your help is appreciated!

Best Regards from Germany near Nordschleife :)

barkx

PS: I am a student and want to spend max 250€. The G29 is on Sale at amazon for 249€

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds differences between versions Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating - differences between driver statistics and ingame Sep 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gain differences between cars Nov 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface Quick race menu: starting pos. not applied in between series (while opp. number does) Jul 19, 2022
    General modding discussion i have a problem between throttle and clutch May 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Similarities between patches Feb 8, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Regular Disconnects between Quali and race start Jan 25, 2022
    General modding discussion What is the difference between list and tuples in Python Jan 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game hangs when loading Career or Champs when auto-saved between sessions Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting tires info disappears between sessions Nov 14, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Inconsistent FFB between gaming sessions Nov 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Multiplayer between Old and new consoles Oct 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes on single player with AI (between FP2 and Q) Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game ruining bug: Big difference between HUD lap time and speed on track Aug 26, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Crashes between cars in the race result May 15, 2021

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

If you want strong and sensitive feedback but also are on a budget, you´re not gonna get the goods with a G29. I would 100% go for the T300, spending a few more bucks, then get some cheap pedals (used logitech set f.i) to start up with and buy the DB9 adapter. Then, you´d probably need to get a rim too for 80-150€ extra.
    The difference in ffb compared to the extra expences is huge.

But sure, the G29 is a fine wheel in it self, but it seems to me you are going the same road as some of us seasoned simmers, so... :)

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I went from using a DFGT (loved the FFB / hated the pedals) to a Thrustmaster T500Rs / T3PA pedals / TH8A shifter. I know they are in different price brackets, but the build quality of the T500RS is vastly superior to the DFGT. I have to run my FFB at 50% or I get shoulder ache, and the pedals just make it for me - the brake pedal feels awesome with a £10 conical upgrade. Oh, and the 30cm wheel makes a huge difference too.

I loved my DFGT and it got me into sim racing, but I wouldn't buy Logitech again, and would always spend as much as I can on wheel and (especially) pedals. I sure you will get people defending both brands for different reasons - good luck! :)

paul_wev, Alexandr66 and Horus like this.
  5. Jebus

Jebus Alien

If you can afford it, TM all the way. For the reasons the gentlemen above me already stated.

paul_wev and Fat-Alfie like this.
  6. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Thank you very much for your honest and detailed opinion. I'm limited on my budget so I try to get the best out-of-box product. I read many articles and watched video comparisons.

Let's be honest. Like you said, it seems that the T300 brings the more realistic FFB and driving feeling. Should be reason enough! But what I like on the G29 are the better pedals and its more racing-like Look with the LEDs, more buttons and leather.

Firstly I was on the Logitech side But with on going research I found out that the T300 is the technical better wheel and I should be fine with stock pedals. And here we go: I read that many users got Problems with their T300 in time and that the Customer Service was horrible. Compare the G29, nearly nobody seems to have Problems because of it's old technic and in Case the Customer Support should have been great.

Can you share your experience?

I'm confused. It's like Apple vs Samsung.

PS: Amazon - T300 229€; G29 249€

7. Jacky Chou

Jacky Chou Gamer

Logitech is not good,
    Only better than nothing!
    Thrustermaster is better choice!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I don't know about t300 reliability as I have t500, which (the wheel) has been working flawlessly, but my personal experience is that TM customer support is top notch. I needed a new potentiometer for the brake pedal and everything went super smooth.

9. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I had a DFGT and used it moderately for 18 months. Although I loved the FFB, the flimsy plastic casing broke around the motor mount, the brake pedal broke and eventually the wheel wouldn't stay centred.

By contrast, my T500rs was a free gift from a motion sim company. It had been used intensively for several years. The case had been hacked to fit in their rig, there was no table clamp and the whole thing was really quite tatty. Functionally, the only issue was a faulty paddle switch (£0.50), and Thrustmaster sent me a new table clamp within 3 days.

I could not fault either the build quality or the customer service of Thrustmaster, but that is just my personal experience. I would definitely buy their products again.

10. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I have the T300 package, Alcantara wheel and pedals. Feels great, a big step up from my G27. However had to send it back twice within the first few months. Service was great and the wheel has been working great since.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

11. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Had a TX for 6 months after a G27 when it broke. Before the G27 I had a Fanatec that broke.
    I got the G29 becouse I have never had a Logitech that broke....

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Also recommendation for TM. I have the T500 RS and except for a throttle potentiometer I had to clean once and tighten the screws it's reliable and very strong.
    I'd never go for a G29/920 since it's technically a G27 and that wheel has a flawed dual-motor concept which Logi should have gotten rid of with their new wheels.
    At a friend's place I tried the T300 and it's IMO a little better than the T500. It felt more responsice and free. The brushless motor is great.

13. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Okay, thank you very much! :)
    I am still looking on the G29 because of its look but I think I will give a try on the T300

14. mister dog

mister dog Alien

G29 is basically a G27 in disguise, Logitech got a lot of criticism for re branding their old wheel and selling it again, just so it would be compatible with those new consoles. Rightly so IMO.

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

It all comes down to price, you get what you pay for.

Thurstmasters T300RS has better stronger and precise FFB, but chances are you're going to want to get T3PA (or pro) pedal box and a TH8 shifter and it's just more money, though it's possible to get a T300RS GT and just get the TH8 (I don't know how the pedal box is though) for slightly less. Also the reliability comes into question depending on how you use the wheel and the FFB settings [too strong].

Logitech G29 has weaker FFB, it's fine out of the box and the only thing to get the is the shifter. The pedal box is decent, it's not hall-effect but it's rather solid.

TM300RS: Stronger and precise FFB, better for upgrades/more money, possibly less reliable. Hands down better fully kitted out if you have the money.
    LogG29: Weaker and less precise FFB, shifter upgrade/less money, possibly more reliable. Solid offering out of the box.

The initial release of v1.09 has caused grief due to the DOR mishap on the wheels. Especially the G29, which is a real bummer because the wheel was decent on v1.03 when you got the FFB to preference.