1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Buy XboxOneX or XboxOneS?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Rudyjo, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

My first post here, just joined the forums yesterday.
    I am looking forward to getting into car racing, I have been into Flight Simulations for over 15 years.
    I will be getting an Xbox for using A.C., I may wait until the new Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition comes out in April. In the mean time I will be looking at a new Xbox console.
    As Assetto Corsa will be the only game installed, I am not interested in the larger storage space of the Xbox OneX model. Is the XboxOne X worth $200 more than the XboxOneS ?
    Are the graphics that much better? The difference in price would almost get a Wheel and pedal setup.
    On the other hand, I would rather get the XboxOneX now if it is that much better than later wish I had not gotten the S model.
    Thanks for any suggestions>

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Buy DLC for PS4 today Oct 25, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues an error occurred - please buy another game Jul 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Console Lounge To buy again. Sep 11, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Buying a physical copy of ACC for PC? Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality What VR should I buy? Feb 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting no need to buy gt4s to play them Jul 17, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is there any crossbuy between Steam and Standalone? Jul 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is the intercontinental DLC available to buy? Jul 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions No Mustang No Buy Jun 27, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Competency (TR) goes down after buying DLC???? May 20, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Which version to buy on Steam Dec 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How can Epic buying out Quixel help ACC? Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Buy a Rift-successor Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Buying the reverb maybe Oct 9, 2019

3. RWa

RWa Simracer

Xbox One X. Especially when you want to start SIM racing. Performance is much better.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

4. Rastas

Rastas Rookie

Buy a PC,console are crap and for kids.....

5. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

I have a PC set up for Flight Simulation, I would rather keep the two separate. What are the reasons you think that running it on an Xbox console is a terrible idea?

6. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

7. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I should have asked my question better. I am not looking to replace all my Flight Simulator time with using Assetto Corsa. At this point, I am looking for something different to spend some time with other than F.S.
    When I have a few hours, I would like to pick a car and a track and maybe each time do a lap a little faster, for now I am not interested in racing against other drivers. It looks like the new Xbox Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition will have plenty of cars and tracks to keep me happy.
    Would the XboxOneS work well enough for what I'm looking for? Or do you think it is worth another $200 to get the XboxOneX console?

8. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Runs better on PS4 I believe.

9. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

XoneX would be the best choice for ac when you want a console.

To the pc master race buddies... xxxx off. Not everybody wants to play on pc. There are reasons for pc and against. Same with consoles.

10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

xbox x runs a lot lot better on AC. It also runs so much better on P Cars. I wouldn't advise any one to buy a xbox one s from now on.

11. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

Thank you for the last few replies, it looks like the XboxOneX would be a better way to go. I'd rather spend the money now than regret it later.
    With all due respect to those who think that running AC on a console is not worth the time, Assetto Corsa is a business that depends on sales to stay in business. If it can increase sales by selling to Xbox users, it makes it more likely that they have the income to keep Assetto Corsa going. For those who already have an Xbox, it is very possible that adding AC will get them into car racing as a serious hobby and then move on to running it on a computer.
    To the hard core racers, remember, everyone has to start somewhere regardless of where they start.

Gurkensepp likes this.
  12. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

join the Assetto Corsa forum club on xbox live. maybe we can start some races together with ppbucko and his friends :)

Lewisxbone likes this.
  13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

A small problem there, they have all uninstalled AC due to the Multiplayer and how it works. There all on P Cars 2

14. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

:(. i dont have and dont want pc2

15. hbc865

hbc865 Rookie

I'm just wondering, what type of setup do you currently have for a flight sim, I my self was into FS back in the days spent a lot of time and money , PC setup is nice for drive sims but can get costly I have the XBX and the S , I prefer the X , I don't even own a 4k tv yet, still looks very nice on the Samsung 47 inch or my old Vizio 1080p but for the easy setup console is the way to go, with a TX wheel shifter and playseat Challenge your good to go,, I do want to build a nice PCbase setup soon just waiting on the technology for direct drive wheels and rig

16. Rudyjo

Rudyjo Rookie

I am still using Microsoft's Flight Simulator X with the Acelleration package. Using a joystick I bought at Wal-mart very cheap, something I thought would only last a few months before it broke, but I have never had a problem with it in the 8 years I've been using it. If it's been more than 7 years or so since you used F.S., you would not believe what has been available from developers that put out payware planes, scenery and weather. As you would know, flight simulation can be very interesting and it has kept me involved all these years, but it's time to try something with some more high speed excitement to it. I built this computer to run F.S. at all the higher settings, so it should run car racing OK.

17. hbc865

hbc865 Rookie

Now, I'm thinking of setting back up my Microsoft FS 2004 I still have the PC its still on Win 7, I think I will migrate to Windows 10 ,I don't remember the specs on my DELL XPS but i do have a NVidia 750 in it so it should work fine , as far as AC, console is good enough for me works fine I don't really need high frame rates and spend lots of dollars again