1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calibrating your force feedback wheel using wheelcheck and ffbclip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Atle Dreier, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Try version 1.0. There is an error that affect a few people that makes ACS.exe crash with my app. Make sure you rear the description in the readme for 1.0, it acts a little differently.

2. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Import only the DeltaXDeg value and the Force value. Use Force/100 as X axis, and DeltaXdeg as Y axis.

victor86 likes this.
  3. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

@Victor 86…what Atle said, but change the title deltaXDeg to whatever force you used to generate the data. For example, you used 105% in the Control Panel applet to generate the data, then rename deltaXDeg to FFB105 in the spreadsheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

victor86 likes this.
  4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I see, thanks. Checked both readme.txt files, but didn't seem to notice any difference w/ the procedure.

5. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Thatæs because the 1.1 readme isn't updated! Sorry about that!

The difference is that in 1.1 you can input the number directly, it comes out as a percentage to input into the Mian menu FFB multiplier. In 1.0 you need to take whatever percentage is in the main menu alrady, and multiply it by whatever numer the app comes up with.

So, if your current main menu gain is 80 and the app says 0.95 you need to multiply 0.8 by 0.95 to get your final gain.

sherpa25 likes this.
  6. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

can anyone test it with csw?
    i'm using the default atle ffclip curves with my csw, am i doing right?

7. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I can't find any CSW measurements. It's done in 10 minutes if you want to test your own wheel. If you're unsure just download the program, run it from wherever, run the LOG 2 test. It will generate a CSV file in your documents folder, send that to me and I'll post it up.

8. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Ok, I have to test it with 900º dor and 100% ff force or I have to do multiple measurement if yes feel free to post the combination we need and I'll make all the test... ok? Thanks

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Yup, figured that out eventually :) Thanks. I hope you get to find the cause of AC hanging with v1.1, as that version would be better ;)

10. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

So whats the consensus on the G27, some ideal settings have been worked out that generally work across the board?

11. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

here my csv testing for csw + bmw rim

Attached Files:

12. mms

mms Alien

Here's my results for CSW with F1 rim

csw_form.png

That's a hell of a deadzone as you can tell :(

13. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

can you make a graph with my csv please...

14. mms

mms Alien

Here you are:

csw_bmw_andrea.png

15. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

thanks, now the results are? that i'm dumb because i don't understand nothing...

16. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I'd say you can either set the gain in teh CSW driver to 80%, or have it at 100% and target 80% in FFBClip (means multiplying the suggested value with 0.8). The latter will give you slightly less deadzone, but probably not enough to matter.

17. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

i think it depends on the lightness of the rim, with bmw rim is little better

18. eKretz

eKretz Gamer

To the CSW owner above - you are using FW53, aren't you? I would recommend switching to 37, it is MUCH more linear.

19. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

so if the suggested settings is 72% i'll have a 58% ffb gain in setup then i'll change the force to 140% in csw to compensate?

20. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

yes i use the 053, can i switch back to 037?

Atle Dreier likes this.