1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calibrating your force feedback wheel using wheelcheck and ffbclip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Atle Dreier, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Yes, very much so. Cars like the L49 or 250f feels pretty good most of the time, but if you try to correct snap oversteer you really have to fight the wheel.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I certainly didn't mean to imply you not using the gyro is somehow wrong, only that gyro isn't just for DD wheels, and highlight that it's more of a preference thing, regardless of the wheel type (in the DD vs "traditional" sense) one is using. :)

I have a T300, and keep going back and forth between gyro and no gyro setups a little. In general I tend to prefer gyro=1, but sometimes when I try it off I like that better for a week or two before going back to gyro on for a month or two... before deciding I'll give gyro=0 a shot for a while again. :p

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

In case of DD it is not for the feeling but mostly out of necessity as some cars just oscillate on straights.
    When I had T300 I preferred it off, but Gyro seems to be tweaked since then, at least it is less intrusive than it used to be now.

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

What is Gyro supposed to do?

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

It basically adds damping from the gyro effect of the spinning front wheels. The faster they spin the more damper.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

IF you hold a spinning disc in your hand (fidget spinner is a GREAT example) you will feel that it is resisting any change in orientation. It's the same effect, the front wheels will want to stay heading the same direction. This is felt as a resistance in the wheel, more resistance the faster you want to change direction. Exactly the same as a damper.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Great analogy, what is "fidget spinner"? :D

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

[​IMG]

9. Valfar

Valfar Rookie

Thank you Atle for your wonderful app!
    Using a T300 can I absolutely trust ffbclip to correctly measure clipping? Seeing as my wheel isn't linear.

Have we reached a general consensus on the optimal TS control panel settings for AC?

Some sites recommend 100 overall strength, while some other sites recommend default (75%?) for the most linear ffb.

With 100% I feel that ffbclip reports clipping while my T300 should have more to give. This is generally in long turns at high speed, with a constant force.

10. konnos

konnos Simracer

Since I have a T300, i will tell you what I use. It has been measured and people have suggested that from 65%+ to 75 or 80 is the spot where you don't stress the wheel too much, but you still have a decent force curve (completely linear curve is not always a good thing, with lower power wheels). So i left it at 75% overall forces and just tweak from in-game. On AC I have the gain at 80% and most of the cars are good to drive between 100 and 110 in-game per car ffb strength. The calculated average that ffbclip provides is almost always too low.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  11. manc0ntr0

manc0ntr0 Gamer

I have 60-65% gain in TM control panel with FFBClip in auto-normal mode and it feels very good with all cars. Very few cars use more than 100% strength

12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Now that I got my computer working I deleted AC docs and reinstalled AC for a fresh start. I regenerated my lut and AC is feeling good. The only I don't like is a tight center wheel, which is something I don't like in PC2 on some of their cars. I don't think I feel this in rF2 at all?

Is their a way to adjust this?

13. LUT with a high end Fanatec wheel?

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Thanks for your reply!

I have the v2 Fanatec.

This last reinstall and new lut made everything feel quite a bit different. After doing the wizerd setup a couple times but degrees are still off. Had to turn it down to 550 in game to get the wheels to match from over rotating when at 900.

The F40 has wheel lock now which didn't before without softlock enabled. I thought was strange which is great.

Spent most of last night in AC which I haven't been able to do since last year about this time.

PS I just updated my specs. Sorry.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  15. Zaval

Zaval Rookie

Good day. After a long time I installed the AC again. I have a problem with the FFB in my fanatec CSL. I added the FFBclip and the .LUT. Modify the ff_post_process with this configuration.
    [HEADER]
    VERSION = 1
    TYPE = LUT
    ENABLED = 1
    [GAMMA]
    VALUE = 1
    [LUT]
    CURVE = CSL.lut
    ----------
    AC options
    Gain 100
    filter 0
    minimum strength 0
    Effects 30
    -------
    fanatec options
    force dumping 0
    --------
    The FFB has no strength and I do not feel any effect. He does not have the strength to return and I do not feel anything. When I modify the .LUT configuration to:
    [HEADER]
    VERSION = 1
    TYPE = GAMMA
    ENABLED = 0
    [GAMMA]
    VALUE = 1
    [LUT]
    CURVE = CSL.lut

the FFB has strength again and I feel the strength of return but I do not feel good sensations. The effects of piano and road are very low. I have tried many configurations but I can not find the correct one for the FFB to transmit me good sensations and strength like my previous T300

is it necessary to have the .LUT installed ?. It was supposed to be better FFB but it becomes much worse and without strength

I spent 900 euros on all the equipment Fanatec and my T300 transmitted me much more and it was not so problematic

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I was told not to use "My Lut".

Make sure you have usb in a black port. (2.0)

Uninstall any antivirus.

Use Windows 10 with Windows defender is probably the best now.

I had to reinstall AC a few times to default after all of that. Make sure to uninstall both AC docs.

For me AC went from weakest FFB to strongest. With lots of detail.
    I'm using Fanatec v2 with the old peddles.

Edit. I'm using gyro enabled. Skip steps 0. Min dapper 0.4. Some cars feel better with a little "drl" in wheel.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  17. Here is what Aris is using with his fanatec v2:

Ingame
    GAIN: 100
    FILTER:0
    MINIMUM FORCE:0
    KERB EFFECTS: 20%
    ROAD EFFECTS: 40%
    SLIP EFFECTS:5%
    ABS EFFECTS:0%
    ENCHANCED UNDERSTEER EFFECT: NO
    Steering Wheel
    SEn:900
    FF:100
    SHo:100
    ABS:OFF
    drI: very important, depending on what and how you drive. For proper laptimes, race cars etc, I'll put it to 2-3 (usually 2). For drifting, I'll put it to 3-4
    For: 70
    SPr:100
    dPr:50
    Most important part for me
    Open installation root/System/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
    Find the following lines
    [FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=1 (I use 1 from default 0)
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.2 (play between 0.1-0.3)
    DAMPER_GAIN=1

18. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Gain 100?

Does Gain work the same as Project Cars as in turning down detail?

After this last reinstall I have so much FFC stranth that I'm running as low as 50 gain.

I'll give this a try. Thanks Michael!!

Edit. So just to be clear, no lut. Just use stock "crazy lut"?

19. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Absolutely not necessary. If you're happier without a lut then don't use it. :)

On a limb I'd guess there's something wrong with your lut, either something got mucked up on creation or when you did the wheelcheck. If you post them here, someone is likely to take a look and see if there's something clearly broken in those that would cause the issues you're describing.

But to reiterate, a LUT is not in any way mandatory or required. Some use it, some don't, the choice is yours.

20. @vegaguy 5555
    The ff_post_process ini in your documents should look like this to NOT be using a LUT

[HEADER]
    VERSION=1
    TYPE=LUT
    ENABLED=0

vegaguy 5555 likes this.