1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calling for refunds for the Asian region

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by pipOnian, Oct 16, 2016.

1. pipOnian

pipOnian Rookie

Yet another PS4 user based in Asia here.

It's been more than a week. Absolutely no news of DLC packs on our side. In fact, there isn't even a "season pass" available for us. This is quite frankly, absurd.

Even at launch, AC was quite clearly not ready. The game was not clearly not optimised, from multiple bugs to screen tearing issues. Even the TH8A shifter could not be used. All of which, i've closed a blind eye to. Even today, the audio bug issue still being a big problem, but i can still close another eye.

But what I cannot deal with is a lack of content i am supposed to receive like all the other EU and US players. It is my right to receive these DLC's just like all the others. This is what i bought AC for, the additional content, and if I cannot get these contents there is no point in me playing AC. I am also wondering if this is some form of discrimination towards the Asia pacific region?

Ultimately Kunos, I put my hard earn money in and supported you guys, but you guys did not support us in return. Enough is enough, I want a refund. Kunos, please tell me how i should go about getting my refund. Thanks.

P.S. I've also had enough with people saying that Kunos is a small team. Small team, big team, i've paid the exact same price for this as i have for Fifa 17. It is no excuse for putting up shoddy work and then claiming a lack of manpower.

p.s.s Some people will say that it's not Kunos's fault, but 505 games. Tbh, i dont care. I view both of them as a single entity. If 505 games is not delivering, Kunos should ensure that they do. Either way, this whole fiasco leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    SickwititHD and FiRo like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Recalling car settings Dec 1, 2021
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Calling all Python/SQL Experts - help required Mar 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Calling all Skinners Oct 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Calling all drifters: tips needed + is it possible to drift with a dfgt? Oct 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Calling mod police - anyone able to confirm this is ripped? May 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Calling all drift nutters! Jul 3, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Refunds ?? May 31, 2019

3. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

So you're so unhappy with AC that you actually want a refund, but you desperately want to buy more additional content for it.

Interesting.

mister dog and Horus like this.
  4. pipOnian

pipOnian Rookie

You're missing the point completely.

I appreciate the game, i really do. But i don't appreciate the way the developers are leaving us out. If we're not going to get anymore content I would not even have bought the game in the first place.

I supported them, but they have failed to support us in return.

I presume you must not be from the Asian region. But if you were in our shoes, and not be able to play/do anything about it, im sure you will equally be frustrated.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Err, discrimination?

Anyway. Question, since you own the sim on PC as well, why not play and buy the DLC there in the first place? Steam shouldn't have any type of region-locking / region-specific issues for the title.

Beyond that, not much to say or do for us here, Kunos likely took note, this isn't the first thread about it. In either case you need to complain to customer support, which is on 505 Games for the console versions. Maybe I'm missing something but did you actually contact 505 already? If not make a ticket here and tell them to fix the issues: https://support.505games.com/support/solutions/folders/6000222476

Hope it's resolved soon.

6. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Ok, fair enough. The initial impression I got was that you weren't happy with the game, in which case it would make no sense to buy DLC for it.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think the only DLC thats out on console is the japanese pack. Cant you buy that neither? To me it sounds really weird why they would have different dlc's available for different regions. Not that I dont believe you, but its the first time I hear about this (and in a previous thread on this forum).

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No it seems like PSN doesn't offer any DLC and the season pass on sale in certain regions for whatever reason. Can't check myself unless there's a website for it like Steam DB or something.

9. APIWZ

APIWZ Rookie

Interesting we offer to paid money buy dlc but they don't do any thing about that,or you don't want more money from asia player?
    We buy AC because what to support dev for racing simulator on console
    it does not have many race sim on console so we need to support you for future racing sim on console.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Isn't this a PSN issue? Surely you should be on the PSN forum calling for some parity.

TitzonToast and mister dog like this.
  11. pipOnian

pipOnian Rookie

My PC is down so thats that.

Apparently, another guy on the forums (Lotusteam) has already submitted 3-4 tickets. And there is no response from both Kunos and 505 atm.

12. pipOnian

pipOnian Rookie

I cant buy anything. Not even the prestige pack. There is also no option for us to even purchase the "season pass". Its absolutely weird. Something is up. Another guy on the forum is suspecting that 505 did not have any intention to support the Asian region in the first place. If that is so ,why even offer the basic game to us when we all know it is not finished and needs the dlc.

If they really do not intend to support us i think its only fair we get our money back.

Horus likes this.
  13. Playjeff323

Playjeff323 Rookie

I am a player from hk,
    It is really frustrat
    No dlc,
    No seasonpass,
    Always empty multiplayer lobby
    Unacceptable 1.3 control

pipOnian likes this.
  14. alex72

alex72 Alien

I understand your pain of not being able to buy DLC's atm, but just wanted to say that DLC's are not needed to update the sim. Updates should come anyway.

15. pipOnian

pipOnian Rookie

With regards to always empty multiplayer lobby, i have faced this situation as well.

I put it down to the fact that there are not many AC players in the region. But from what it appears, is multiplayer not supported properly as well? If so, i am speechless

16. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

I seem to remember pcars dlc not showing up or taking ages to show in Asia too, perhaps it's something with Sony?
    Either way it's a let down, we all like to get the dlc..

17. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

Has he ask PSN since they have the most control of the content on their network?

Pure speculation on your part, why would KS/505 cut off a revenue stream?? Plus you have received what you paid for, as the issue is about additional paid content.

As it appears to only affect your region, I'm going to guess it's a legislative issue in your jurisdiction. Hopefully it will be sorted at some point, but if it is a legal issue, they can take time to remedy. (Edit: Pure speculation on my apart, I know)

Cheers

Matt.

18. Peter Leong

Peter Leong Rookie

lack of official public response is the most disappointed, if it is not AC/505 issue, then post a sticky post in the forum and state it is a PSN issue and they are working with them. if the problem is AC/505 issue, then also post a sticky post here to announce what's going on and the plan of further action. i think writing a post in here wouldn't be a huge effort to do and affect their normal company operation.

19. pipOnian

pipOnian Rookie

Still no news

20. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

That is poor to be honest. Should at least keep you in the loop since you are a big market. Getting sick and tired of game developers turning their backs on the people that pay their bills. Kunos have been decent to most of us but not acceptable to treat your region any differently...
    It's like the new Red Dead game, no word of what the situation is with PC release whether it will come or not and they are fully aware it will piss off PC gamers... Just not on. A simple post from them to keep you in the loop is all that's required just so you know what the situation is!

21. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I still don't think the developer is to blame here. Isn't that a publisher's issue? Does the developer even have any say in that matter?

Horus likes this.