1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Can i run ACC whit this notebook?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by R.S., Oct 11, 2018.

1. R.S.

R.S. Rookie

Hello everyone.
    As the title suggests, I would like to ask you if my notebook is able to run ACC with medium/low graphic settings without major problems.
    Unfortunately, some time ago I decided to buy this notebook and only now I notice the limitations it entails.
    I hope that ACC will be optimized in the future, to allow even those who have old video cards to play without any particular problems.

My specifications are:

Notebook: GL752VW
    CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz Skylake 14nm Technology
    RAM: 16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
    Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    Storage:
    - 119GB SAMSUNG MZNLF128HCHP-00004 (SATA (SSD)
    - 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630

Thank you in advance for the answers!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC continues to run after exit Sep 15, 2018
    ACC User Interface Running ACC on a secondary monitor Sep 14, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Is ACC going to run worse on AMD cards? Aug 12, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars "Running" shadows/lighting effects Oct 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Do you have a Vega64 + Rift ? I need you to run a replay Oct 12, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Missano Track no FFB on run outs Oct 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC will not run in 64b Windows 10 /Win7 to Win10 update Oct 8, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC will not run in 64b Windows 10 /Win7 tp Win10 update Oct 8, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DirectInput damping effect left running after exiting from game Sep 17, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Effects/Post Processing runs in checkerboard half-resolution? Sep 15, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Trying to run full screen at 2160x1440 Sep 14, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Needed to uninstall C++ 2017 runtime Sep 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC not starting in Oculus Runtime Sep 9, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Run Server on Synology Sep 3, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Why does it only run with 32 bit? Aug 12, 2018

3. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I don't think, that it will run well.

But you could test it, and if you are not happy with the results you could refund it on Steam.

4. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Should work. It will get very warm.

5. fabT

fabT Hardcore Simmer

I used to run ACC on a similar config, just marginally faster ( 16Gb RAM, i7 6820HQ, Nvidia Quadro M3000M, Samsung SSD ). It didn't look pretty yet it worked fine on medium.

Obviously you can't expect performance to be rock solid.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. R.S.

R.S. Rookie

Thanks all for the answers.

In fact, the temperature is a problem, also because this notebook has only a fan sideways, so I'll lower some settings to not stress too much the video card and the CPU(Or I will play outdoors in the middle of winter :confused:).
    With AC I had the settings set to high whitout any problem and fps drop, but as ACC uses Unreal Engime 4 I will have to change my trend.

I hope that then Kunos will optimize this simulator in such a way as to make it accessible even to those put in a unlucky position like me.

D_Rod likes this.
  7. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

If it gets to hot you could purchase a laptop cooling pad for $20 and a rechargeable battery pack for mobile phones that you can use to power the pad instead of the laptop battery. It works great.

A 12000mAh battery pack can power a 4-fan pad all day on full blast.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

From my personal experience I also used the tool throttlestop to set a fixed clock rate for the CPU to prevent it from running at max speed but also to prevent it from throttling down when it gets too hot. With some testing I found the right limit and gaming become very smooth. I did this because I had a lot of problems before. FPS lags, low framerates, super high temperatures etc.
    So this helped alot, but also told me, that Laptops aren't the perfect gaming machines :)

So I don't use Laptops for gaming anymore ^^

R.S. likes this.
  9. R.S.

R.S. Rookie

Interesting program!
    It would be very useful also for Flight Simulator X, where I took photo-realistic scenarios and some add-on very heavy.

What settings did you change in particular on "Throttlestop"?
    I think I will read a guide before putting my hand on this program

10. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I set it to a max fixed clock frequency, so that the fans were able to maintain a maximum temperature. You need to be careful to not exceed a specific temperatur to not damage your hardware, like the fans or other components. (Lets say 80-85 degrees, max! 90 degrees, you decide, you can go with lower frequencies/temperatures of course, but price is lower performance obviously) The CPU itself should not be the problem, because modern CPUs have a safety shut down technology if they getting too hot. But anyways you should be careful with high temperaturs.
    But the point is, better a lower clock frequency than permanently getting throttled. So gaming and FPS are much more stable.

You should definately read a manual, or maybe some explanations on youtube.
    there are some checkboxes, which are important to know for what they are for to set the tool properly.
    Important are:

"Clock Modulation"
    "Multiplier"
    "SpeedStep"
    "BD PROCHOT"
    "C1E"

Here is a Guide, you should read everything.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  11. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Undervolting a laptop CPU and GPU if possible and not locked, helps also to improve the temps.