1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can we do this in ac? - need help understanding tire info

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by St3fan, Jun 26, 2015.

1. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I've never really tried to learn changing car setups. What I only remember is to change tire pressure and camber angle if I feel I have too much turn-in understeer or corner-exit oversteer. This evening I've been reading Pretend Race Cars, and found something interesting to me:
    http://pretendracecars.net/2015/06/23/reader-submission-11-to-live-and-die-in-the-ui/

One of my friends who's into tuning his RX-7 told me that I should not have a wrong idea of depending too much on negative camber to improve handling. I guess the post above is a guideline I should follow. However how do I find information like that in AC?

I used to use the Rivali OV1info app to see tire information, now I'm using SimRacing Dashboard app, but it seems that I could only see 1 temperature reading for each tire.
    12161774884_38a85dd683_o.jpg

I'm assuming what the OP talks about is the three readings in Live For Speed:
    lfs.png

My question is: Can we do what the OP says in the post on Pretend Race Cars? Do we have temperature on different parts of the tire?

My other question is: OV1info seems to generate a HUGE log file, and I was once warned by devs here that it might cause stuttering and poor fps (I'm actually having these problems at the moment). Do you guys have recommendations on a nice tire info app, or more rather, a nice substitute for Ov1info?

Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Need Help Understanding Weather in ACC Server Configuration Aug 31, 2020
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help with UI control binding Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room need help plz Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Need to reset stats. Apr 9, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Need help? Can't post. Oct 11, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Dossing so on, needs to be sorted. Jul 9, 2022

3. Your first mistake is reading that awful site.

As for having even usage of the tyre, it depends on a lot of factors:

How stiff/soft the car is
    Tyre pressure/compound
    Camber/Toe
    Caster
    Track/Conditions
    etc...

I think there's an app to get readings in real time, go check out the "app" subforums.

St3fan likes this.
  4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Last I heard addon apps can't read the tire temperatures like that, you can enable dev apps and the "Suspensions" one will show you them. They're all listed 'IMO 15/15/15' as in inner/middle/outer.

St3fan likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im using something that is named tyre_temp in the apps folder so i guess thats what its called here on the forum aswell. You can try that out and see if it gives you stutter or not.

6. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

"tyre temp" and "mini apps" give you the tyre temps and wear.

Does AC really simulate outer/middle/inner temps? When you look at the info in the garage the temp distribution is always good.

7. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

They are showing tire carcass temps which will be much more even than surface temps.

TDS and LeDude83 like this.
  8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

[​IMG]
    The purple/red bars show the tire temperatures - 3 horizontal rows are inner/middle/outer, 12 vertical rows are around the radius of the tire (red lines are cause I just flat spotted it, that part of the tire's over 100C and the rest's around 60 by colour)

The heat does diffuse throughout the tire fairly quickly so you don't generally get a huge difference.

St3fan likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Road and race cars are very different.

Aris suggested a while ago that for road cars with semi slicks start by setting max negative camber (maybe a little less on the rear) and reducing tyre pressures to around 25. The logic was that road cars have a limited ammount of negative camber available, really less the the tyres need.

10. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Offtopic: Dat Bumpsteer !!!

11. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Hi... this might sound stupid, but how do I enable dev apps?

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg And Assetto Corsa - [AC_APPS] ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1

St3fan likes this.