1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can we Up/Dwn, Rate & Label Car Setups in ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Speed RacerX, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

Just wondering if this dynamic will be allowed in ACC?

Upload and download
    Label Setups on certain cars for certain based on best times per track:
    -Per Tracks and Per Car
    -Weather Conditions
    -Race vs Qualifying
    -Indicator that lets you know if the setup is gamepad or wheel
    -Preview of the Setup before you download it

And to rate those setups so we know which are good, decent and simply not good.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018

2. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Thats quite a cool idea, one of the best features in Project Cars 2 is in Time Trial, all recorded times have the set up available for everyone to download and use, which is fantastic for people who dont know anything about set ups.

3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

I hope you guys have featured into your request that there is about half a million differing driving styles for one and the same car, yes ?
    If not, maybe take a quick rethinking break .
    Don´t get me wrong though : per se I am not against such a feature, but it could get extremely confusing for drivers that don´t really know what their driving style is .

4. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

Yes, I have thought about it. And what one can do is to adjust that setup to your own style of driving. Just as Echo_29 suggested the player base there has adapted to make those minor adjustments even between wheel and gamepad based players.

So, it's very possible to take someone's best lap setup and use it as a base for yourself as you tune in that setup for your own personal driving style. Or, if it's too oversteerie or too much understeer and you cannot fix it pick another setup.

That's were the rating system comes into play. Based on your experience with that setup you can leave a 20 character limited message that the setup was either not right, understeer, to much oversteer, etc. Hopefully the person who left the setup for download would have left a a note in it's Label letting you know if that's the case.

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Despite this, people have been sharing setups on the internet for ages with no problem at all. If one setup doesnt suit you, just download another.

LChaves likes this.
  6. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

I wouldn't be upset if a dedicated website was offered either though if time was a factor. As long as you can get there through the GUI of the game.

7. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

I fully know this, but what I really was pointing at with my remark was more to the likes of : and how much did the setup downloader learn regarding driving style analysis and actualy setup knowledge ?

8. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

A downloadable tune based on leaderboard performance is great. Very educational and helps those with “slow” driving style to better understand why their style isn’t competitive. But it’s linited without the telemetry. But just having the confidence you’re running a tune that is competitive lap after lap keeps the mind open if you have basic driver acumen.

I’d argue, slower drivers have yet to develop a style. Style is the difference of driving technique between two equally competitive drivers.

9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

If you're a beginner, the last thing you need to focus on is learning how to set a car up. You're probably so inconsistent that you won't see any difference between the changes you make.
    Also, if people don't want to bother learning how to set a car up, that's up to them. People who want to learn how to make a setup will learn it anyways, regardless of having the possibility to download a setup from another person.

10. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Even though this usually leads to a spin in the first 2 corners... it is interesting to sample and understand what the others are doing.

11. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

I think it's common to come across setups that don't work for you. But it should not hinder you from wanting a system like this. With a good rating system that would be reduced.

12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I wouldn't expect this implemented in ACC but LFS got an awful lot right when it comes to online racing.
    It also has the ability to share setups during the race (in the pits) and also to be able to takeover someone else's car.