1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Can you beat Fangio's world record?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I have been enjoying the new red pack quite a bit, especially the old Maserati's. For the first couple of days you could find some people to race but not lately.

I wanted a reason to drive the cars other than for fun, I needed a new goal to race for. So off to YouTube I went for inspiration.

I watched a great vid about Fangio's world record run on the ring in 1957 to win his 5th world championship! It inspired me, so here it is so you can watch it too.

I setup a hotlap session with the ambient temperature at 26C and clear skies at 1pm. I drove the 6cylinder Maserati with a stock setup on the PS4 with a t500.

This was my first ever lap so I wasn't pushing as hard I probably could have, as I wanted make sure I finished the lap. Also, there's lots of room for improvements.

Enjoy the vid, sorry the last few seconds get cut off. I forgot to record it with sharefactory so this is the in game replay...

IMG_1754.JPG

Hopefully, some of you will be inspired to break a world record and post a screenshot of your best times.

BrainsBush, Jan Duin, Hobbsy and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #223 AWD Twins? Beat the pro in the Lambo Apr 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Public Beat (Build ID 5184192): Stuttering Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Single Player beatups Jun 22, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Skipping a session in career mode causes AI to set unbeatable fast laptimes Jun 11, 2019
    Bug reports I beat the actual recorde in Paul Ricard circuit, but the game doesn't show my time. Feb 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room How is Assetto Corsa going to beat pCARS2 Jun 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 911 carrera s on sport auto video - can anybody beat that guy? Oct 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Beat The Stig - Part II & III achivements Apr 24, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Time trial app - beat your clean lap average time Oct 8, 2015
    Screens & Videos Challenging my gf to beat track times ! Apr 22, 2015
    3D car models Wip honda beat 1991 updates! Aug 10, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Beat the driver who shall not be named - Didnt unlock Dec 31, 2013

3. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

I like your idea, but a direct comparison to Fangio's 1957 lap time isn't possible because (if I'm not mistaken) the old GP circuit combined the north and south sections of the Ring making for a longer lap.

Hugo Catarino and Pretend racer like this.
  4. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

More or less. There was no chicane back in the day and the modern version lacks the "start und ziel" section

Pretend racer likes this.
  5. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Fangio, what a Monster! Lots of respect for these old time racers. Very nice video you've shared here.

Tomcul, paul_wev and Pretend racer like this.
  6. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I will try this tomorrow night but will be unable to complete a valid lap in the 250F. The Maserati is a beautiful icon but damn is it hard to drive. Love it though. It is on my Top 5 Racing Cars list.

Hugo Catarino and Pretend racer like this.
  7. Pretend racer

@Scuderia Paul Did you have a go?

It's such a fun car, I'm really quite bummed that I have not been able to get an online lobby going since the day the pack came out.

I finally managed to get a vid of clips done of one of the races from that day;

svenvangent likes this.
  8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I never thought of it! Actually, I have driven the 250F models several times since your suggestion but it never occurred to me to try that combination.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  9. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Since I had not driven any of them yet, last night I went on an old F1 car session. I drove the 12 cylinder version of this car and it was a total handful. I couldn't get it stopped and couldn't stop it from weaving back and forth on the straights. Maybe the 6 cylinder is more tame than it's higher displacement cousin.

10. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Nope :)

Jezza819, nosoks and Pretend racer like this.
  11. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Both of these cars are hard to drive fast it's like trying to gain control of a greased pig on an ice rink.

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Just add a minute to a Nordschleife lap which we have in AC, it will roughly be it.

13. Pretend racer

I had another go, but this time I was on the PC and I used the Oculus Rift. I tuned the car up, so its no longer stock. I managed to improve my time by quite a bit. This is the new world record 8:48.458

14. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Thx! with your setup I improved 10 seconds. Now more practicing to beat the 9 minutes. Your time is out of this planet. Don't even try to dream about it ;)

Assetto Corsa_15.jpg

Pretend racer and Laughing Gravy like this.
  15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I guess it should be interesting combo for online multiplayer.

16. Pretend racer

10 seconds is a very impressive improvement! :)
    Im sure they are better tunes for the maserati, feel free to adjust it to suit you. I don't really know what I'm doing which is why most of it was left stock.

ALOOG - A League OF Ordinary Gentlemen server had the Maserati 250f 6c at Mugello one day. I loved it! Here's a race from that day...

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I know, I was there. It was awesome session.