1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can't select gears (PS4)

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by HecticZA, Oct 16, 2016.

1. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I've tried to drive the BMW 1M on Nordschleife- Tourist and could not select any gear using the paddle shifters. Tried the other cars that is available for selection in the combo with the same result.

Tried the Lotus Exos at Silverstone with the same result.
    Also tried with the PS4 controller.

Same at another track, think it was GT3 at Imola?
    Same for GT40 at Nordscheife.

They do work correctly offline.

I see some of the qualifying sessions are indicating very long sessions, ie 65184 minutes.

Could it be that the servers are being updated?

Could someone else try to replicate this please?

My setup :
    PS4
    G29
    No shifter.
    Automatic gear change off.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Check in options that use h shifter is set correctly..

Horus and MagikGT1980 like this.
  3. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I did.
    It is set to off and it seems that most of the tracks are now affected for me .

4. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Damn, sorry I can't offer any more just thought to mention that.
    Hope you get it sorted..

HecticZA likes this.
  5. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

It must be a problem on my side it seems, be a use now I'm struggling in quick race as well

6. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I had someone else check online and they are experiencing the same problem. On some of the servers it seems that setting it to automatic gearbox does help, but not always.
    Not sure if it might be limited to a region, but I'm from South Africa.

7. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Still experiencing this problem.
    Seem like the servers with the ridiculous amount of minutes for qualifying are the culprits.

Servers with a normal amount of minutes for qualifying are working correctly.

I've uploaded a pic of a track with thousands of minutes available for qualifying and where I can't select gears.

[​IMG]

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Have you tried if Autoclutch is the cause of the problems?
    Do you use it offline?

9. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I've checked the autoclutch and H-Shifter setting, but I don't use them, so it shouldn't have changed.

Also, on some tracks everything is working fine, but currently the majority of the tracks I can't select any gear, even if I put it on automatic gear change.

I'm assuming that you can't replicate the problem? One of my friends tried it with me and had the same problem.

It might be limited to my region's servers then?

10. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Solution:

Looks like I'm just about the only person having this problem, but should anyone else experience it, the solution is to either restart the session or skip the session.

Obviously using the "Skip the Session" will start the race sequence and if you are alone on the server, the race will eventually be canceled.

Both options however works for me.