1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car and setup discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by JnJ | Rayleigh, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

last year at Zolder in Blancpain series, the fastest cars were having best laps of 1.31.xxx, some mention here lapping in 1.27.xxx and I have seen the same online. 4 second difference on such a short lap seems like a lot.
    http://www.dailysportscar.com/wp-co...n-GT-Series-Sprint-Cup_Race-2_Result-2018.pdf
    Is there any concerns over that?
    I would expect the fastest driver in a series simulation like ACC to be lapping at the same pace that the real driver do.

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  2. iVG

iVG Alien

1:31 in 1 hour race seem reasonable depending on track condition. See, after 0.6.5 or something all track condition on most servers went to optimum which isn't realistic in my opinion. Even in practice it's mostly optimum. No good. Still believe there's something going on with braking distances, they seem shorter than real life even in dry. In the wet they are a lot shorter than real life. First chicane at Monza on full wet conditions you can brake just before 150m board. Real life they brake at 200. Definitely cars a too stable braking in straight line. Wet weather just makes the difference even bigger.

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

They qualified 1.28low

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The zolder race was a sprint race. This means you get 1 hour of race with no refuel permit.
    You also get 4 tyre sets for qual and race.
    In qual they did 1.28 low mids.
    In race in a track that an error can ruin your splitters and traffic, they did 1:30 lows or flats

Regarding the braking zones... usually the teams do not release their best laps and the telemetries say a different story.
    Do you want to see what a flat out lap looks like? Search for Bortolotti’s record lap at brands hatch with the lambo... check his braking point and be amazed lol

All in all, no I’m not concerned on the contrary.

5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

...did that for you guys ;)

6. iVG

iVG Alien

I'm more concerned with the wet braking points. Dry are not far off. Mostly spot on. Oh and is that brands hatch confirmed ;) *joke*

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I looked for that info, I posted the info I got from 2018, that shows 1.31.xxx as best lap while racing, where can I see those low 1.28.xxx qualification lap time.
    I am glad to see that ACC is very close to the real lap time.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  8. iVG

iVG Alien

SimGuy_1 and Max Doubt like this.
  9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

That is from 2015 and not an official qualifying time with some suspicious corner cutting on the chicane.

10. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I find braking distances in the wet conditions shorter then they should be as well. Strange that here only me and @iVG noticed that (or maybe someone too, but didn't notice). In wet (except monsoon) I can brake on almost same spots as in dry, maybe few meters earlier. Which is not real for sure.
    In monsoon braking distance it a bit longer, but still not long enough in my opinion.
    I know in wet speed on braking point is lower then in dry, so because of that less speed has to be reduced, but still I would say they should be longer, in all types of wet conditons.
    Would be good to double check it.

Chriss and iVG like this.
  11. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Check the top speed at the braking point in Motec, don't forget that the previous turn exit is slower in wet conditions, so you'll reach a lower top speed

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  12. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

Arlo likes this.
  13. iVG

iVG Alien

1. Doesn't matter that it's 2015 it's pretty much the same
    2. It's a qualifying practice. Official. Practice session of Blancpain
    3. Go watch pretty much any misano race you can find and you'll see corner cutting.
    4. I cut that chicane in ACC too. I gain time = I cut.

fnegroni likes this.
  14. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I have stated this reason, if case if you didn`t noticed. And its not just exit speed of the past turn, its also the water friction and worse grip, which makes the car accelerate worse (less).
    In any case, I still think braking distances are too short for raining circumstances.

Chriss, iVG and luxxx797 like this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I actually noticed that too. Had a race in Monza yesterday and it started to rain so I headed to the pits to get some wet tires. Afterwards I set my breakpoint to the 200 sign before the first chicane but that was waaay to early. I needed about 4-5 laps until I dared to break just before the 150 sign but that still worked which I found a little confusing..

Mitja Bonca likes this.
  17. Guys, I have a question. I see the OP said 1:27 and 1:29, I'm currently driving the Nissan, and my best times are 1:30 low, standard aggressive. Do I have a long way to go, or is the Nissan much slower?
    I've tried driving the lambo, but have struggled...

18. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Now that you mention it, I was thinking and thinking about if I really managed a 1:27 high with the Lambo or if I got confused with the time I achieved at Monza which was a 1:47:xxx (so..something with a 7..xD) and what I really achieved was a 1:28 low. Unfortunately I can't really look that up anywhere but still I know I was easily faster with the Lambo than the Ferrari, so the point I was trying to make remains the same :)

19. Dogzero34

Dogzero34 Rookie

Yes, the Nissan is considerably slower. The 2018 version should be capable of faster times but the 2015 version is definitely locked around 1:30-ish for its faster times.

20. Thanks for the reply. Trying to use the Jaguar mostly now, drives pretty nicely, I can do 1:28 with it, but have noticed that the Nissan is indeed slower after driving both the Nissan and the Jaguar at Monza. Best time with GTR was 1:49 low while the Jaguar gets 1:47 low. Those are my best times for now anyway.