1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car combinations for multiplayer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pharacon, May 16, 2014.

1. pharacon

pharacon Racer

Hey I'm always looking to spice things up on my server and was wondering what everyone thinks about cars that are competitive against each other.

For example:

GT3_z4
    GT3_mclaren
    GT2_M3
    Lotus_GTC/GX

What I'm running on my server:
    KTM Xbow
    Lotus 2Eleven
    Lotus Roadster
    m3 e30 Group A <-- just added per world standings this is extremely close.

But are there any other good combo's?

Also to plug my server because yeah, it's called Chicken Ranch Racing - Houston, TX. I am running Laguna Seca 2.2 (Google it cause I'm at work) along with a bunch of other stock maps.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards What are the best car-track combinations for SA? Mar 9, 2021
    Console Lounge Rooms Setup Suggestions (track/cars combinations) Oct 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Good track and car combinations or singel racing against the AI . Jun 20, 2017
    Console Lounge Limited online track car combinations Dec 22, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues No 3d vision with some track/car-combinations Jan 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Recommended car track combinations ! Jul 12, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Car and Track combinations... Apr 16, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Cars disappearing, but still in the session Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports Ps5-Crashed startet Race carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes info for car position in map Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024

3. Tal.S

Tal.S Racer

Ferrari 312 vs Lotus 49 (Difficult)
    All the street BMWs vs Lotus 240R \ Evora S (Balanced)
    458 S3 vs F40 S3 (FUN)
    458 vs F40 vs MP4-12C
    599XX vs Huayra vs Zonda

4. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Stock BMW M3 E30 (street 90's) vs Abarth 500 step 1 is very even. BMW has straight line speed over the abarth while the abarth can outbrake and often out corner the BMW.

BMW 1m step 3 vs Lotus Evora Step 2. (or stocks versions) Evora had a slight overall advantage on flat tracks while the BMW can just slightly outpace on hilly tracks.

F40 S3 with Semislicks vs MP4-12C on semislicks specifically can be very even. F40-speed/accel MP4-braking and cornering.

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  5. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Pharacon, I'm in San Antonio :D. I've been seeing your server online.

I like the above combo the best ! I'm on just about every night.

When that combo is up I'll be on your server.

6. pharacon

pharacon Racer

Ok Ted, add me as a friend in steam. Tomorrow if I'm alive and kicking (working super late with a network scheme change) Message me and I convert the server to that and we can race. Grab Laguna Sec 2.2 as well might as well go all out...

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Xbow vs. lotus 2-11
    E30 vs. z4
    Mp4 gt3 vs. z4 gt3 vs. lotus gtc vs. p4/5
    E30 vs. 500 s1
    458 vs. f40 vs. mp4
    F40 vs. e30 grpa

Not really tried many more, but what i do is look at the wr's on rsr for the track we are using and look how close the times are, if they are within 2/3 seconds they should be ok.

8. Wow, I've never even realised there was an S1 version of the Abarth 500 released. Going to have to try it.

I personally I like any of the cars that have a bit of attitude like the F40, 312T, 2-eleven, etc.

9. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Okie Dokie, added you as a friend, I'm kinda new to the steam features but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

How well does the Steam voice chat feature work ?

10. pharacon

pharacon Racer

it's fine, but I have a teamspeak server we can use if you wish, so far I didn't get the ip scheme change last night (stayed up till 3:30 am!) But I'm back at it hopefully will be done today before noon :)

11. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Oohh Lordy, feel free to take a nap when your done :)

I hear Teamspeak 3 is quite nice, I haven't used TS since I was on a team in Live for Speed and it worked fine back then.

My mic isn't functional right now, may fix that this weekend, not sure yet. In the meantime we can type :)

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  12. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Yo pharacon I just got your message on steam but for some reason the chat section wont accept my input.
    I will relog into steam and try again

13. pharacon

pharacon Racer

Great racing with You Ted. I'll keep this rotation for a bit then mix it up again.

14. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

My game blew up and loaded funny when we went to Imola, I had to exit, run an errand, and then return.

When I got back in you were away and a crasher had joined at Vallengua, one of the 3dmgame guys.

Anyway we made the best of it and continued dodging him as best we could and still had some fun ! :D

Thanks for the server ! Lots of people had a blast, we appreciate it !

I'll be back on again tomorrow and I'll try and figure out why I cant message you back in steam. If you got any ideas let me know.

Thanks !

15. pharacon

pharacon Racer

I think you can not message with the steam overlay with the chat box open.

16. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

So you can close the steam overlay independently of the chat box ?

EDIT: Ahh, I tried it with my son and it worked fine as long as I had the game closed. I Will experiment some more.

EDIT # 2: ok I think I figured out a workaround :)

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  17. Question: when you have a Team Speak address like "123.124.345:5678" how do you enter this into TS?

18. pharacon

pharacon Racer

The number after the colon is the port.

19. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Looking to run some multi car servers and hoping someone can list good combinations that would be competitive with the following 3 cars.

1.BMW M3 GT2 + ?

2. Lotus Evora GX +?

3. Lotus Evora GTC + ?

Many thanks for suggestions!

20. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Where would the new Merc SLS fit in?