1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Car groups

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Ciccina2016, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Hello Guys

is there a way to group the cars in Assetto Corsa under the same class?
    I tried to search online for all the GTE cars in the game but I could not find any list.
    For example I have found out that the Lotus Evora GTC can be under the GT4.

Actually .. by looking into the details.. I guess it is very complicated assign a class to a specific car given the number of regulations.
    What I am really looking for is to be able to group cars with the same kind of performance.

Yesterday , I drove the Pagani Zonda R and I could drive it with all GT3 cars.
    So to sum up, has anyone created a group list based on car performance so it is easy to create balanced championships ?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Miticorio and paul_wev like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Car Groups May 26, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes info for car position in map Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Viewing wrong car following driver swap Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2 cars output as GT4 carGroup in results Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2- some cars cant join Gt2 Server Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Don't see DLC cars in the game Jan 25, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024
    ACC User Interface Shift Indication on Virtual dash on new KTM GT2 car is outlined too wide Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some Kunis F1 cars have abnormally long gears for me Dec 24, 2023

3. the_stig90

the_stig90 Racer

Car groups like in PC2, is a feature i absolutely want for AC2.
    Many people would pay for that i think :D

MaxStrong01 and paul_wev like this.
  4. Rigel

Rigel Alien

There are tags on the PC version, I thought you had them too

5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Is there anyway you can download the carlist with tags and post it on the forum for us poor consolers? :)

6. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

The cars of GTE class in AC are the :
    Chevrolet C7R
    Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017 (the 2016 is the GT3 championship version)
    In the same class you may use also the
    Ferrari 458 GT2
    BMW M3 GT2
    These cars are from previous years when the GTE class was called GT2
    The Lotus Evora GTC is not a GT4 car. It was part of the GTC championship with opponents the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and the Ferrari F430 Challenge that unfortunately is not in the game.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  7. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Regarding the GT4 class the cars in AC are only 3:
    Maserati Granturismo Gt4
    Porsche Cayman Clubsport GT4
    Lotus 3 eleven GT4.
    Please take note that the Lotus is a subclass of GT4 which at the time (2012/2013) was called Lightweight meanwhile the Porsche and the Maserati are standard GT4.
    Unfortunately despite there should be a mess of others GT4 in real life in AC there is not any other. The car list in AC is more oriented to road cars than race cars as confirmed from the last dlc. Personally I like more the race cars.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

thanks Max, a pc gamer was stating that in the PC version there is a tag for each car?
    if we can get the list maybe we can create more balanced championships or multiplayer lobbies.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  9. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I do not own this list but I should like to get it. If it is well made it could make easier to people to create more realistic championships. More equilibrated I do not know as sometime also in real life in the same class there is a car with higher performance than the others. My knowledge come from my big passion for the cars and the motorsport in general.
    In AC2 I should like to see more race cars and more homogeneous car selection with well identified classes. The competitor PC2 have this configuration but after I tried it for long period of time the driving experience is not yet at the level which I want to have and this frustrate all the rest so the disc of AC comes back in the tray of my PS4 and will remain there longer.
    I assume the support to AC is very close to the end so I hope that Kunos will not make us wait too long to release AC2.

Hugo Catarino and paul_wev like this.
  10. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

There is a post here somewhere on the forum where a guy has tested all cars on laptimes and stuffed that in an Excel sheet. Perhaps look for that for help

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Who could help from PC gamers to find this excel file ?

12. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

13. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

14. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Nope. That is the creator of the tool. If you like it, give him some love!

paul_wev likes this.
  15. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Here is another link I found on this forum. Straight forward.
    http://www.dodero.eu/rsr

I have another link for car classes but can't find it at the mo.

alehop69 and MaxStrong01 like this.
  16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

thank Pippo10.. this is actually spot on

pippo10 likes this.
  17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

yes, its great for making competitive lineups even if with cars from different classes.