1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car Setup Save Reminder

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ALB123, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I am a terrible tuner. I have so much trouble adjusting the setups of my cars. There is nothing worse, however, than tweaking for possibly hours...finally finding the setup that works for you and then leaving the track without saving that setup. If you've been making changes for the last 90 minutes and you're as brain dead as I am, you'll never remember those setup changes. It happens to me quite often.

Suggestion: If we deviate from the default setup and the current setup is not saved, how about a pop-up asking "Quit Track Without Saving Setup?" or something like that. Just like it asks you if you really want to Quit/Exit Assetto Corsa just before you shutdown. This way you won't end up slamming your head against the wall while tears roll down your face, like I do a couple of times a week when I forget to save my setup.

Maybe you could put a checkbox "Never Ask Me This" or something if people find this extra mouse click annoying.

vilivili and WallyM like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes after loading saved car setup Jul 15, 2022
    ACC User Interface car setup screen May 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Patch 1.7.10 and Car setups from CDA Mar 25, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Tyre Set Won't Apply To Car In Setup [User error] Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Frustrating: Bad saved setups moving from qual to race in career mode May 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Zolder car setup Apr 5, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.7.6 setup loading crash car Mar 8, 2021
    ACC User Interface option to have a personal saved setup for a specific car Jan 6, 2021

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

For a very long time now, the last setup you made for a car is saved under the setup category "generic" as "last".

Edit: ...and I mean automatically, as you leave the session.

Schnipp, ALB123 and Horus like this.
  4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Thanks! While that's a help, the feature would still be good -- especially considering console players can't access the file system the way we can.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

At least without the "Never ask me again" option, I would find this very annoying indeed.
    (Just to confirm that.)

SvenUilhoorn and LeDude83 like this.
  6. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

A good thing could be to save last settings with a datetime-track-car (in any order, enventually incl. relevant weather parameters) suffix or just as the whole filename.

Then next time the user pick the same car on the same track, game will offer to load this auto-saved setup (kindda "use last setup defined on 01/01/2017 10:32:15 ? Y/N")

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

^^ not for me, thx. This starts to go into the direction of software patronizing user. The setups don't get lost, user knows where to find them. It's good the way it is now. The setups are saved for each car/track combination in case you don't know.

ZethGAF likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Personally i also think it works well the way it is now. I would also consider the last option being extended to car/track & not just car.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Isn't it car and track now?!?

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's not in the track-specific folder.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

yeah it kinda does. I didn't word my response right. If I move onto another track (B) & save or exit and then realise I forgot to save my setup from the previous track then I've lost that unsaved setup from track A as last is now pointing to track B. It would be somewhat handy if each track & car the last option under each track. I can understand the reason for not doing this as this would bloat setup files as effectively there could be a last setup for each car & track combo. Its no biggy. It works well the way it is.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    LeDude83 likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, yes...you're right, of course. Saving the "last" setup in the track specific folder would be the only improvement I can see here.

BTW, when I forget to save my setup after a tweaking session I usually go back right away and copy the setup from "generic" to the specific track folder. If I don't remember then it obviously wasn't too important ;-) So for me it's perfectly fine...the responsibility split between computer and human :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Schnipp, Gevatter and Coanda like this.
  13. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

As we discover later in the thread it is not and you write false statement, which is not a nice way to contribute, better to check first, not after.
    And your way isn't better at all: patronizing people because everyone SHOULD KNOW what what not so obvious for you after all.

So, the main concern here is quite linked to the big lack of something in AC : DOCUMENTATION, there is none. So unless reading hundreds of posts on a forum, official or not, asking, "hacking" the game and experimenting, we can't know what is something, where something is saved or expected to be, for many items.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  14. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

The problem here is that with like many things in Assetto, you have to find out the hard way. There's nothing telling you that it saves the last setup, you have to discover that yourself, and if you never go into the "generic" folder of setups either in game or in the documents folder, that won't happen. That's not very good usability.

A lot of people here are in a group that spend a very large amount of time on the game, so I don't think most opinions here are actually useful when it comes to these kinds of suggestions.

15. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

Not sure to understand what you mean there.

And sure, the simracing addicted/committed people doesn't play in the same "league" as casual drivers. But I saw some people are just blindly arrogant, because they know something after spending 48h or more reading forums and playing without a break, they assume everyone should know such "obvious" thing. That's a shame.

OFFTOPIC
    AC should not be "limited" to a kind of players because of such stupid lack. And those hole in documentation is an open window to crazy speculations seen on others thread like how car behave between upgrades.
    /OFFTOPIC

@Kunos: please document non obvious things.
    @all who knows: write a community documentation with what you've found, and Kunos devs could just validate what was right or wrong.