1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car setups

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by jaykinch, Aug 2, 2019.

1. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

hi all
    I’m just asking about car setups and how much faster they make you
    I normally run with safe setup or aggressive setup but I’m not seeing much time difference

Does setting your car up make much of a difference, as in mp I can qualify about mid table ish and I feel that I’m pushing the car hard as I can, and the top time is about 2.5 sec faster than me

Would a set up make them that much faster or is it just damm good driving

In ac I would qualify in top 5 ish without changing or messing with setups

Cheers
    Jay

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Patch 1.7.10 and Car setups from CDA Mar 25, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Frustrating: Bad saved setups moving from qual to race in career mode May 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Copying car setups between tracks? Dec 8, 2020
    Console Lounge Car setups Dec 3, 2020
    Chit Chat Room How to setup a car or just get setups? Jul 20, 2020
    ACC Physics car setups - Blocked Wheels (not breaking) Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Physics where i can download car setups? Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Physics [1.0.10]Loaded setups gives a crabbing car Sep 30, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't user my car Setups Jun 9, 2019

3. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Yes! Set-ups can make you faster. More importantly though, they can make the car more comfortable and predictable to you on race laps. ACC has decent stock set-ups, but once you dial a car in it’s hard to go back.

romandevision likes this.
  4. Jeremy86

Jeremy86 Gamer

I agree setups do help but it’s one of those things you have to figure it out on your own. I personally never really touch bump stop and whatever else because I don’t understand it, but having good air pressure and making sure the brake ducts are open enough for whatever track your on seems to help me a lot. Also not over driving the car is a big key factor I find as well.

I’m probably no help but just my 2 cents.

5. Balles

Balles Gamer

Default setups are already great. I usually practice about an hour without too much change, trying to be at 2s of best laptimes.

I then change it just to fine tune some corners where I need more or less understeer / oversteer or downforce. I can generally find about 1s when I have it right.

I usually am 1s slower than best laptimes after tweaking it but the last tenths I can get to be in that second are always due to my driving and extreme focus, not the setup.

If you are pushing too much you will loose a lot of time. I suggest you to push less and focus on your line, corner speed and acceleration to improve.

Kunos have made a really good job on physics and setup tuning IMHO. In other sims I can really completly change the car behavior and sometimes gain several seconds with extreme setups which is not real. Here you can't do that, just fine tuning, keeping the car behavior more consistent. I used to praise rF2 physics but now it's ACC to me, no doubt.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    cerebralvortex and Jeremy86 like this.
  6. I find the biggest reward from them is consistency, and potentially tire wear if you know how to set up for that.
    The defaults are fine, but if you feel the driveability could be improved, change some things around.