1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car time ranking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV above the BMW M3 E30?

2. Fear

Fear Racer

Not unusual, the QV is slower only getting off the line, courtesy of the FWD. :)
    Then, the 100 Nm of torque take over, and out of the turns the QV pulls better.
    Also, more than 2 decades of suspension evolution makes a difference.

3. I am consistently much quicker in the BMW M3 E30 than I am in the Giulietta QV. In fact, the QV is the slowest car in the sim for me after the Alfa 1600 GTA. Or am I forgetting tyre options here? What's the default tyre for the M3 E30?

Mogster likes this.
  4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

When you compare their relative rank numbers:

1.538 Giulietta QV
    1.540 BMW M3 E30

They're as good as the same. I would call these two cars the same, performance wise.

5. Do these rankings take different tyre options into account? Preliminary tests with the default setup indicate that I am significantly slower in the Alfa 1600 GTA than I am in the Alfa Giulietta QV or Abarth 500SS.

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Nope, they just take the average of the top 5% of times on the RSR rank for a track/car combo. It doesn't matter if people are setting up the car or using soft tyre compounds to set the fastest times. That's what the car is capable of, in it's optimal setup.

Christopher Low likes this.
  7. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

[Insert Homer Simpson drooling voice] Mmmmm Data.

That's an awesome comparison. I love seeing the 98T on top for a little bit a least. Taking on that new kid 125 S1. It's really tough beating a 125 S1 in a race while in a 98T though. The turbo lag is monstrous meanwhile the V8 is already down the straight or they hit you.

I didn't think the Formula Abarth and Ferrari 312T would be that close, especially with Abarth ahead. I know it's a mod, but I'd like to see the McLaren M23 in there. Good to see the old Lotus 49 holding strong.

I was just in a glorious open wheel server at Spa last night; so this comparison was in full effect with a 24 car grid. There were 98Ts racing 125 S1s and non S1s. 312Ts had their pack and Formula Abarths were battling it out with Lotus 49s not far behind.

8. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Keep in mind that the top times in the 98T and Merc C9 were taken at 100% boost, which is hardly usable in normal race or even when hotlapping NS without damage turned off.

Giulietta QV has street tyres while M30 has semislicks, so actually the advantage is on the BMW side. It's also lighter and the only weak point is that the engine is less torquey, so I suspect the cars ale so close because of limited statistics data available at RSR right now.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I added the number of RSR laps to the rank. This is the number of laps in the top 5% of times across all the sampled tracks.

Thomas Gocke likes this.
  10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

If anybody wants to help with the accuracy of this car ranking, the combinations below have no RSR rank times since AC 1.1. It would be good if you could set some RSR times in these combos.

[​IMG]

11. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Did the P1 and LaF get slower with the last update?

12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Don't know. There was mention of diffuser stalling. I assumed that only affects handling, not overall speed.

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Udpated, and now shows average lap times scaled to a 100 second lap, so it's easier to see lap time differences as a percentage.

14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated....

15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated, with more and more RSR laps.

offcorsa likes this.
  16. norbs

norbs Alien

Terrific work Wally.

17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Handy for organising events, right?

18. norbs

norbs Alien

Certainly helps to make my job organising easier.

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated.

Mael 2 and LeiF like this.
  20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It's still early days for the new 1.2 cars, but I thought I'd slot them into this car ranking in the first post with the RSR laps done so far (a surprising number of laps done already!)

Enforcer-J, some1pl and ears1991 like this.